In contrast to my prev post – describing a disaster with an abstract study on paper 😯 – I hope to shorten this one quite a bit – taking wife to dr appt then groceries then returning home before Austin City Limits’ festival (ACL) kicks off and we won’t have a place to park near our apt, lol!
This small 9×12 on paper so far is much more like my very 1st study, Walking in Dappled Light Study 1 (see below left pic), in that I both like it very much & I’m worried once I remove the masking fluid, I’ll have liked the “in-masked” version better —
But that happens. Part of why it’s good to know these are just titled studies, but are studies 😊
Things I’m liking in this new study are,
- the dapple-ness that comes through
- the sense of depth
- the rich blues on the middle left (Daniel Smith Mayan Blue Genuine)
- the way (as per the 8 yr old grandson) I tweaked a smile onto the lady’s face, lol!
What I still don’t like is,
- the lack of color continuity tween the top and bottom of the back tire
- the closeness of the painting to the paper’s edges
The rest is down to finishing up on the initial lay-in, little details, if I can do them right, like hints of the spokes in the tire wheels etc.
Meanwhile, Sheila and I are off to the races with apts & chores and wanting to settle in before all the parking spaces near us are gone for the (as per the weather folks) the wet-fest Fri-Sun 😊
Stay well everyone!
Enjoy the challenges! I think I’m telling myself that ☺️ 💕
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Amazon search for “abstract art, in books” –
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- May 20, 2022 – Will My New #Austin #Photography Poster, Morning Light in Barton Springs Greenbelt, Join My Austin Pink Sunset Photo and Lou Neff Digital Art Poster in Sales?The question itself, whether Morning Light in Barton Springs Greenbelt will match or join my currently selling best prints, is a question more of hope and companionship for my image of a truly usually bright spot in Austin, the system of greenbelts preserving the water that makes living here even possible ❤️
- May 19, 2022 – Hardest / Best Part of My Strength Class Recently – Releasing Myself a SmileIt’s nearing 8pm and I’m trying to apply an exercise lesson our online SilverSneakers instructor, Michelle, brought up a few times today – smile 😊
- May 18, 2022 – Places In or Near Austin Texas You Can See and Buy My Prints ( Art and Photography ) #PrimalGallery #OldBakery&EmporiumPrints have consistently out-sold my originals if for no other reasons than they are less expensive and usually have more items to choose from. Not bad reasons at all 😊 What I want to do now though is, begin to –
- May 17, 2022 – I Have a Lot of Happenings ( art & personal ) This Week, But Still Finding Moments To Start a New Painting : Morning’s PromiseIt’s nice to dance the surface of my canvas as needed. And able ☺️ And right now, a light step, at an easy pace, may give me the time – and energy – to get more than a handful of other needed things also done this week. Not a bad compromise. For now 😊
- May 16, 2022 – New Diptych : “Freedom” Almost Finished, Panels Need Signing ( front & back )And what I’ve come across figuring out how to make prints of this that folks can work with, ie, close to or within standard size dimensions, was how to get a 22×28 image convert into – in 2 examples – an 8×10 or 12×18, and I came up with this as a starting prototype….
- May 15, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Spring Rising”I’d done a lot of deep or darker night-like paintings for a bit, so it felt pretty nice to lighten up my palette for awhile. Working back & forth, from the two approaches – playing the potential good from both approaches seems to suit my Libra middle, lol!
- May 14, 2022 – My 1st Classical Stretch Workout with Miranda Esmonde-White ( via YouTube ) in Many Months!Though similar to SilverSneakers’ classes, Miranda’s classes focus largely on making the fascia network in our bodies more fluid. Some movements are very similar, but more extended, dance-like, reflecting Miranda’s ballerina and dance background!
Thanks again, everyone! 😊