In contrast to my prev post – describing a disaster with an abstract study on paper 😯 – I hope to shorten this one quite a bit – taking wife to dr appt then groceries then returning home before Austin City Limits’ festival (ACL) kicks off and we won’t have a place to park near our apt, lol!
This small 9×12 on paper so far is much more like my very 1st study, Walking in Dappled Light Study 1 (see below left pic), in that I both like it very much & I’m worried once I remove the masking fluid, I’ll have liked the “in-masked” version better —
But that happens. Part of why it’s good to know these are just titled studies, but are studies 😊
Things I’m liking in this new study are,
- the dapple-ness that comes through
- the sense of depth
- the rich blues on the middle left (Daniel Smith Mayan Blue Genuine)
- the way (as per the 8 yr old grandson) I tweaked a smile onto the lady’s face, lol!
What I still don’t like is,
- the lack of color continuity tween the top and bottom of the back tire
- the closeness of the painting to the paper’s edges
The rest is down to finishing up on the initial lay-in, little details, if I can do them right, like hints of the spokes in the tire wheels etc.
Meanwhile, Sheila and I are off to the races with apts & chores and wanting to settle in before all the parking spaces near us are gone for the (as per the weather folks) the wet-fest Fri-Sun 😊
Stay well everyone!
Enjoy the challenges! I think I’m telling myself that ☺️ 💕
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Amazon search for “abstract art, in books” –
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- November 21, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Dispatcher” : circa 2011I thought Dispatcher had once already been one of my most viewed of my work on Fine Art America, but I guess not! 😊 It’s been a popular poem, and with the holidays upon us, a great choice as a print or coffee mug ☕️ 🇺🇸
- November 13, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Cypress Creek Mid Afternoon Mid October” : Circa 2019Very unusual to have so many photos from my collection of images at Fine Art America show up among my 12 most viewed images there at FAA, and for so many showing up for the 1st time….
- November 08, 2022 – The Mid-Term Elections 2022 : This is It! If the Elections Are Important to You…VOTE!!!If the elections are important to you – vote! 😊🇺🇸🙏
- November 06, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Arc de ( d’Nuit ) Triomphe Poster ” : Image Circa 2012, Poster 2017Once again one of my poster designs was my most viewed image from among my listings for prints and gifts on Fine Art America….
- October 30, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Volleyball Kill Poster” : circa 1994 ( writing ) / 2021 ( poster design )Another of my sayings / posters made it as my most viewed of my work on Fine Art America this past week, Volleyball Kill, which I wrote in the early 90s….
- October 24, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Danseur en Bleu” : circa 2022Quite an unexpected treat to see my newest painting, Danseur en Bleu, it’s 1st week on Fine Art America, be my most viewed of my images for the past week!
- October 23, 2022 – A Beginner’s View : Inflation, the Economy, Climate, Clean Energy, Health etc, How Are They Related in Our Current Everyday Lives? – An On-Going Inquiry, Part 9 – #Inflation and Our 2022 Mid-Term Election to Keep/Improve Our #Democracy…while true that any price guidelines / control can be a slippery slope, we also already know price gouging has easily done slipped-slid-and-sunk into its own quicksand of problems….
Thanks again, everyone! 😊