A 9×12 on 140lb x watercolor paper, like my previous (and 1st study subject) – Walking in Dappled Light Study 1 (1st rendition), Sunflower in Dappled Light Study 1 also seems quite lacking in dapple-ness, lol! (see comparison images below)
And like that 1st dappled light watercolor study, I’d had an idea of sorta-how I wanted to have the dapple light appear, and inlaid masking fluid onto the heavy paper before applying pigment; maybe this time a touch less randomly, and a smidge more applied with a one-study-under-my-belt educated guess 😊
Whether I applied too much pigment, or not enough masking fluid, especially considering I used “a lot” more masking fluid this time around (probably because my Sunflower study has relatively lots more detail, all those petals etc) is something I won’t know til I remove the masking fluid. Will make a more detailed think-through then ☺️
All of which will be revealed, to you and me alike, when I get to carefully rub the masking fluid off. It’ll be fun to see how this one goes then finishes up before heading back toward evolving my figures. But I figured, petals are like figures, similar, but also different. Degrees of curves, catching the light, being part of the world we’re in love with ❤️
That’s all for me today.
Wife and I’ve been doing a bit more family things than usual, plus picked up our walking quite a bit now we’re not breaking all-time heat records here in Austin, for now 🙏
This is 1) more a study, and 2) I don’t know what if any further paint added might be for naught. So tomorrow it’s time to remove the dried masking fluid – and we’ll see how that comes out 😊
Stay well everyone!
Enjoy any changes for the better! 💕
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Amazon search for “contemporary impressionism, in books” –
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- July 04, 2022 – Happy 4th of July! 🇺🇸Very little to say and so much to feel and think about this great country of ours.
- July 03, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “We Are the United States of America” : circa 2016 #DigitalPosterIronic, or simply apropos, seeing as tomorrow is the 4th of July, America’s anniversary birthday, my poster from 2016, “We Are the United States of America” was most viewed this past week on Fine Art America ❤️
- July 02, 2022 – #CrescentMoon at Sunset, Austin TexasI hoped, in yesterday’s post, I might be able to post this sunset off our balcony – a crescent moon floating above the sea of crimson orange air – and am so glad I could 🙏
- July 01, 2022 – Our First Pigeon at Our New Place Shows Up for Food, Atop Our New Ivy ScreenSheila and I’ve gotten to experience several 1st’s since moving into The LadyBird here in Austin, so it was specially nice when two 1st’s joined to make a memorable image through our window –
- June 30, 2022 – My Art and Prints on Special Sale At Primal Gallery 4th of July Weekend!Primal Gallery 4th of July sale! Including both my art work and posters 😊
- June 29, 2022 – Someone Very Glad to See Us Today!As per yesterday, still very exhausted feeling, but Sheila & I both beginning to also feel the move-fatigue to our new place is slowly being replaced by relief fatigue….
- June 28, 2022 – Record # of 100 Degree Days in June. Then it Rained….This evening ( Monday, June 27, 2022 ) here in Austin, we broke the all-time record for number of days 100 degrees or more – and – the clouds and rain and cooler air swept through and we dared open the blinds and step outside before 10 pm, lol!
Thanks again, everyone! 😊