A 9×12 on 140lb x watercolor paper, like my previous (and 1st study subject) – Walking in Dappled Light Study 1 (1st rendition), Sunflower in Dappled Light Study 1 also seems quite lacking in dapple-ness, lol! (see comparison images below)
And like that 1st dappled light watercolor study, I’d had an idea of sorta-how I wanted to have the dapple light appear, and inlaid masking fluid onto the heavy paper before applying pigment; maybe this time a touch less randomly, and a smidge more applied with a one-study-under-my-belt educated guess 😊
Whether I applied too much pigment, or not enough masking fluid, especially considering I used “a lot” more masking fluid this time around (probably because my Sunflower study has relatively lots more detail, all those petals etc) is something I won’t know til I remove the masking fluid. Will make a more detailed think-through then ☺️
All of which will be revealed, to you and me alike, when I get to carefully rub the masking fluid off. It’ll be fun to see how this one goes then finishes up before heading back toward evolving my figures. But I figured, petals are like figures, similar, but also different. Degrees of curves, catching the light, being part of the world we’re in love with ❤️
That’s all for me today.
Wife and I’ve been doing a bit more family things than usual, plus picked up our walking quite a bit now we’re not breaking all-time heat records here in Austin, for now 🙏
This is 1) more a study, and 2) I don’t know what if any further paint added might be for naught. So tomorrow it’s time to remove the dried masking fluid – and we’ll see how that comes out 😊
Stay well everyone!
Enjoy any changes for the better! 💕
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Amazon search for “contemporary impressionism, in books” –
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- January 17, 2022 – Art Delivery to Cypress Grill Austin for a Creative Arts Society Rotating Member ShowingI’m happy to post I’m placing my 1st piece of art work at a Creative Arts Society member venue in over a year and a half!
- January 16, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, Fantasy Landscape – New 16×20 #LyricalAbstract #AcrylicPaintingFantasy Landscape is currently residing at the Old Bakery & Emporium in downtown Austin across from the Texas State Capital. It’s a super playful acrylic I didn’t realize would be “so much” a landscape as it turned out, lol! All part of the “discovery” process inside each artist, often call the landscape inside, probably in more senses than one, as Joan Mitchell has alluded to.
- January 15, 2022 – New 12×24 Inch #Acrylic Upload @FineArtAmerica – Blue Impressionist Abstract 1Third of my 3 uploaded acrylic color blocks, each 12×24 inches on gallery wrapped canvas, Blue gives me a triad of sorts, the other two paintings being red and yellow. A link to related blog posts is – https://felipeadanlerma.com/?s=Impressionist+abstract I’ve always like panoramas, even in my….
- January 14, 2022 – Painting + Capturing Photos of the Sides of 2 #ImpressionistAbstract Panoramas Accepted by Art for the People Gallery AustinA few posts ago I announced about my art audition for an upcoming show at Austin local gallery, Art for the People, and mentioned I’d had a couple of my Impressionist Abstract panoramas chosen! One, the red version, already had its sides painted, but the newer blue version didn’t, so I got to work right away. Like I tell folks who like hearing ’bout how I put these together, painting the sides almost always takes as long or longer than the painting! Why?
- January 13, 2022 – 2 New Works In-Progress : Good Conversation + Healthy Vines Happy Hearts – #AbstractPainting #LyricalAbstraction #TheAdjacentPossibleWasn’t sure what I wanted to paint this particular day, just really needed to 😊 I’ve been reading a creativity book, The Adjacent Possible; filled with good ideas, one of which emphasizes “just starting.” A concept the author calls zero to 1, which she explains is like this huge leap, from nothing, to something. She says it over and over, all different ways, and I understood it. First intellectually. Then emotionally. And today, physically.
- January 12, 2022 – Auditioned 3 Paintings at #ArtForThePeopleGallery, Snuck in 3 Unannounced Works, Got 4 of 6 Accepted!!!Well, I didn’t really “sneak” 3 additional works into my art audition at Art for the People Gallery here in Austin — but I did pack 3 extra pieces into my car & after they’d seen the 3 they’d asked to see, I asked them if they’d like to see some even newer work, basically blocks of color, with texture, that I had with me? And they said yes! The 3 they first asked to see….
- January 11, 2022 – Adan’s #ArtPoems / #PhotoPoems : Light is But Darkness Feeling…I’ve had a PhotoPoems / Photo Poems series of posts seems since near when I 1st started my blog, and was tempted to call this verse, for Angel, a PhotoPoem also. But even though I’ve a few posts tying poem and art work together, I don’t think that would be in the spirit of the thought behind the poems anymore. An art poem, I feel instinctively, is….
Thanks again, everyone! 😊