Like my 2017 sunrise over the Austin skyline photo last week, another surprise most-viewed on Fine Art America for me this past week – Abstract Study 1, a painting I unintentionally wrecked, but still like enough I cleaned it up digitally and posted it on my Fine Art America site.
More surprising to me was all that happened before I’d even posted the blog post I mentioned where I went into detail about how and why the original for this small study got wrecked, lol!
Still, this small study was a focussed (too widely focussed on too many things at once it turned out; ie, thus the accident that wrecked the original) attempt to, well, get a focus, for myself, for being able to do abstracts again, like I did in the 80s (acrylics), but this time ’round with more fun in mind 😊
My plan, if it holds 🤞- is to soon begin expanding my abstract studies onto 18×24’s on canvas. Probably acrylic, even if with a dash of watercolor. And probably on Golden’s light molding paste. I really like the way water based paints soak into that type of ground ❤️
Stay well everyone! Nice to have surprises that are fun 😊
ps – below is my most viewed image on Fine Art America for many years now, and below it, my most viewed twilight image ; both with related blog post links —
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Amazon search for “abstract art” –
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- July 04, 2022 – Happy 4th of July! 🇺🇸Very little to say and so much to feel and think about this great country of ours.
- July 03, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “We Are the United States of America” : circa 2016 #DigitalPosterIronic, or simply apropos, seeing as tomorrow is the 4th of July, America’s anniversary birthday, my poster from 2016, “We Are the United States of America” was most viewed this past week on Fine Art America ❤️
- July 02, 2022 – #CrescentMoon at Sunset, Austin TexasI hoped, in yesterday’s post, I might be able to post this sunset off our balcony – a crescent moon floating above the sea of crimson orange air – and am so glad I could 🙏
- July 01, 2022 – Our First Pigeon at Our New Place Shows Up for Food, Atop Our New Ivy ScreenSheila and I’ve gotten to experience several 1st’s since moving into The LadyBird here in Austin, so it was specially nice when two 1st’s joined to make a memorable image through our window –
- June 30, 2022 – My Art and Prints on Special Sale At Primal Gallery 4th of July Weekend!Primal Gallery 4th of July sale! Including both my art work and posters 😊
- June 29, 2022 – Someone Very Glad to See Us Today!As per yesterday, still very exhausted feeling, but Sheila & I both beginning to also feel the move-fatigue to our new place is slowly being replaced by relief fatigue….
- June 28, 2022 – Record # of 100 Degree Days in June. Then it Rained….This evening ( Monday, June 27, 2022 ) here in Austin, we broke the all-time record for number of days 100 degrees or more – and – the clouds and rain and cooler air swept through and we dared open the blinds and step outside before 10 pm, lol!
Thanks again, everyone! 😊