So there, in the 3 images above, between my featured image of my gesso-textured oil layin from 2005, my current watercolor / acrylic from 2021, and my 1986 acrylic, is a pattern of mine of searching for how best, or at all, to not only work in texture into my painting, but to actually have my slightly sculptured rendition be the painting.
What’s especially amazing to me is how I’ve cycled or circled back around to today’s acrylics (sometimes now adding watercolors) from where I began in the early 1980s, and all along searched for ways to create texture and sculpt my figures.
And what I’m beginning to wonder about is, how and why am I seeing figures, partial or abstracted or otherwise, so often now, no matter how I texture or sculpt or color even my abstract work? Much like what happened, the one time in the 80s with my abstract, Autumn Friends. The figures weren’t intentional, and I am so grateful I didn’t swipe the canvas clean of them, or, trying to “configure” them “more clearly” lol!
I’ll offer one of the more brazen 😏 more recent ( just before Christmas ) example; brazen ’cause now that my wife and I “see” the figures, we can’t unsee them!
While other examples of seen figures, are small, tiny, even playful, like The Smile in the Moon –
And except for Fantasy Walk above, the seen figures are all unintentionally so.
Joan Mitchell, abstract artist, seems to say, I think, there are the landscapes inside us, and figures seem to be a big part of the landscape inside me I think. The book I’m reading, The Adjacent Possible, also points to this vast often unrealized world within us (see Tweet below).
All this new-to-me information is so much better than when I nearly automatically thought – when I’d see an unintended figure or landscape in my abstract – that I’d done something wrong, and all that goes with thinking like that, lol!
So I am very happy being able to, even living here in Texas, semi-isolated like so many of us worldwide due to the virus, and still be able to learn, feel better about what I am doing, and actually be able to share these things with other folks!
So stay well everyone! Be brave, be daring – creatively! And be as careful as you feel the need to be otherwise 🙏 ❤️
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- January 01, 2023 – Happy New Year! : My Most Viewed Image the Last Week of 2022 @FineArtAmerica, Little Steps PosterA wonderfully fitting image as my most viewed this past week, the last week, of 2022 – Little Steps, my poster version ❤️ 🙏 ☺️
- December 18, 2022 – 1st Return Appearance Since Spring : My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, Blue with Gold Twilight – #PanoramaOcean waves of blue fill our skies and seas, cascading sighs and whispers of inspiration with each breath.
- December 11, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Morning Light in Barton Springs Greenbelt, Austin Poster” ( circa 2021 ) #AustinTexas #AustinPhotographyMorning Light Poster also recently sold at the Old Bakery and Emporium 🙏😌
- December 03, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Costa Rica Sunset Panorama” : circa 2017I almost skipped even posting about it, but at 4x the views of the nearest most viewed of my images, I needed to drag myself out of my whatever-it-is recent posting stagnation, lol!
- November 21, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Dispatcher” : circa 2011I thought Dispatcher had once already been one of my most viewed of my work on Fine Art America, but I guess not! 😊 It’s been a popular poem, and with the holidays upon us, a great choice as a print or coffee mug ☕️ 🇺🇸
- November 13, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Cypress Creek Mid Afternoon Mid October” : Circa 2019Very unusual to have so many photos from my collection of images at Fine Art America show up among my 12 most viewed images there at FAA, and for so many showing up for the 1st time….
- November 08, 2022 – The Mid-Term Elections 2022 : This is It! If the Elections Are Important to You…VOTE!!!If the elections are important to you – vote! 😊🇺🇸🙏
Thanks again, everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA, Pixels) – https://felipeadan-lerma.pixels.com/