Recently one of my posts mentioned working on a larger than usual for me canvas, 24×36, on the floor, with the 8 year old. I didn’t think to get a pic of him adding some of the specklings of black on the dried fiber paste, but wanted to show ya’ll what the image, Walking the Stars, is looking like.
Still a ways to go and, after I lay-in more of Goldens’ fiber paste on the right side of the canvas, I’m setting it aside for a bit til we see Max again and we can add more to it 😊
There’s several other works I haven’t had time to post about yet — the lower left, when seen from a distance, looks like a lady washing her hair ( not intended, just came out that way); the 3 smaller works left side center, the 2 on the left are new & the far right side of the 3 is Mesa Verde in the Beginning. The top left is also new, wanting to call it something like – Passage Through the Village, as, again from a distance, I see figures; in this case two ladies in long dress heading down what might be a village street, and even a shaman looking big figure to the right of them along the right side edge, almost top to bottom – all images that just came out that way, lol!
At this point in my painting, I still, and may always feel, a push to switch through my various preferred styles ( figures, impressionist abstracts, minimalist abstracts, lyrical abstractions ) as needed to help me express the range of ideas and feelings percolating inside me ❤️
And that’s okay with me, it seems to help 💕
Stay well everyone! 🙏
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- May 29, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, Repeat Most Viewed – “Austin Pink Sunset”Wonderful, iconic, and a favored memory of rushing down along the banks of Lady Bird Lake between the old railroad bridge and the Pfluger Pedestrian Bridge, I captured 3 images all total, from….
- May 28, 2022 – Sheila & I Attended 2 Gallery Openings Saturday! Stop #2 #AustinArtSpace in North Central Austin…we were ready to ease down to an old familiar location having their 1st open-art-call opening and show since before the pandemic – AVAA’s Austin Art Space!
- May 28, 2022 – When Plans of What to Write About Become Necessities : #UvaldeBelow are tweets and/or links etc referring to those above topics. I’ll try and notate in the title if there’s a dominant topic. Right now, it’s still : children murdered… ..en masse….
- May 27, 2022 – When a Child Asks Why Someone Wants To Kill Him and His Friends….…our youngest girl has had to speak with the 9 year old, our youngest grandchild, about this….
- May 26, 2022 – #KVUE News Austin Had an Article That Got Me Thinking More About Gun Violence and Potential Gun Control Laws…it’s that latter position, gun controls that do exist, and their being exemplified as markers of failures in their communities to stem unlawful violence that got me thinking. See below –
- May 25, 2022 – When Innocent Children Are Gunned Down, We Are in the Land of Death and MUST Change ThisThere is ample room between no one anywhere anytime having access to a gun and everyone anywhere anytime having any gun they want & be able to carry it about anywhere anytime they want. That’s what Democracy is about.
- May 24, 2022 – Sheila & I Attended 2 Gallery Openings Saturday! Stop #1 #PrimalGalleryDS West of AustinA from-the-ground-up creation of Primal Gallery owner Joe Lednicky, the atmosphere was hopeful while conversations bubbled and rolled round the large interior.
Thanks again, everyone! 😊