Related to my previous post’s also-in-progress painting, Walking with the Stars, Dreaming with the Moon and Stars has many similarities and, if all goes to my plan-with-room for spontaneous, also significant differences.
Both feature using Golden’s Fiber Paste for the base for the night sky base over an acrylic-watercolor wash of yellow. Both feature said night sky + a partial female figure transmuted for my purposes. And both are larger-than-my-usual 24×36 canvas works.
Where I “plan” for them to differ most is the style of female figure, from using one of my photos ( Walking with the Stars ) to one of Childe Hassam’s gorgeous impressionist paintings, On the Balcony – ie, from a contemporary figure to a almost classical Victorian-like Impressionist figure.
I thought the stylish late 1800s dress for this newer work, Dreaming with the Moon and Stars, would be fun to try, plus a nice counterpoint to the modern sporty figure in Walking with the Stars.
Also, in the current in-progress work ( both 24×36 paintings are currently in-progress actually ) I’m aiming for a full figure watercolor input, much like the smaller but also fully watercolor figure in, Walking in Light, currently showing at Art for the People Gallery here in Austin, vs the acrylic figure seen below in Walking With Stars —
I’m sure there’ll be “things” crop up in this newer work, just as the other similar in-progress work. Eventually both you, the reader, and me, will see how these come out, lol!
Artsy, btw, has a great write-up on Hassam’s, On the Balcony.
Ironically? Co-incidentally? serendipitously? – their description fits my imagined final rendition of this the figure in this work in my own already-had-decided general landscape-of-space background, again, ala my also still in-progress work, Walking With the Stars.
Here’s a short snip of their great editorial description of Hassam’s work —
I also want to mention that in one instance, the 1st image, Walking with the Stars, I created the figure 1st, painting it in, determining its border lines. With Dreaming with the Moon and Stars, I decided to “see” how the painting would work out – easier? more difficult? didn’t matter? – if I laid the background in 1st, hoping to match the figure’s coloring more so to the background.
I hope at worst, it’ll be an easy fix if this wasn’t the way to go; and at best, I’ll be done quick and easy it was all planned so well, lol!
We shall see 😊
Stay well everyone! Be curious! ♥️
Above tweet is live! 😊
My Related Blog Posts
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
- January 01, 2023 – Happy New Year! : My Most Viewed Image the Last Week of 2022 @FineArtAmerica, Little Steps PosterA wonderfully fitting image as my most viewed this past week, the last week, of 2022 – Little Steps, my poster version ❤️ 🙏 ☺️
- December 18, 2022 – 1st Return Appearance Since Spring : My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, Blue with Gold Twilight – #PanoramaOcean waves of blue fill our skies and seas, cascading sighs and whispers of inspiration with each breath.
- December 11, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Morning Light in Barton Springs Greenbelt, Austin Poster” ( circa 2021 ) #AustinTexas #AustinPhotographyMorning Light Poster also recently sold at the Old Bakery and Emporium 🙏😌
- December 03, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Costa Rica Sunset Panorama” : circa 2017I almost skipped even posting about it, but at 4x the views of the nearest most viewed of my images, I needed to drag myself out of my whatever-it-is recent posting stagnation, lol!
- November 21, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Dispatcher” : circa 2011I thought Dispatcher had once already been one of my most viewed of my work on Fine Art America, but I guess not! 😊 It’s been a popular poem, and with the holidays upon us, a great choice as a print or coffee mug ☕️ 🇺🇸
Thanks again everyone!
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA, Pixels) – https://felipeadan-lerma.pixels.com/
[…] In-progress 2nd lay-in, Dreaming With the Moon and Stars ©Felipe Adan Lerma Feb 2022, 24×36 on canvas, possibly a mesh of acrylic background and watercolor figure*My related blog postFebruary 02, 2022 – New In-Progress 24×36, Hopefully an Acrylic-Watercolor Mesh, Image ala Freder… […]
LikeLiked by 1 person