My long awaited 1st showing in a gallery show since last showing at Art for the People in summer of 2019 opened this past weekend and wife and I took the 8 year old to see 😊
He’d been there those nearly 3 years ago & remembered the spacious light, friendly pug and both Lynnie and Hallie who run the gallery – and the ice cream shop next door, lol!
Blue Impressionist Abstract 1 was hung vertically, which I’m glad, ’cause I’ve been trying to figure ways to let folks know that, though I sign the work in one particular corner, these color field- texture blocks work in multiple directions. Sometimes even I am hard pressed to choose which side is up ☺️
So as seen below, I’m quite happy with the show’s start!
Further below is a another shot showing part of the gallery’s expansiveness – and, staggered in a 5-set on the black backdrop, is also the work of a fellow artist friend of ours and our youngest daughter ( mom to the observant 8 year old! ) – Alan Winter.
My photo doesn’t do justice to his nearly stain glass effect, though you can reach him both via his Facebook page, and of course via Art for the People .
He’s a young man who served in the military and since has developed his art to quite a good following 👨🎨 🎨
I myself am very pleased to be part of this new group currently showing at Art for the People.
Leaving with the 8 year old to go get some hamburgers, fries, tea, and vanilla creames at Sandy’s Hamburger ( also 1st time in several years), Sheila mentioned to the Lynnie and Hallie how wonderful the show looked, actually best we’d seen there!
And I concur! So if you happen to be in Austin, or can view & purchase online, I can only highly recommend Art for the People for your art considerations ❤️
Stay well everyone! 💕
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- September 22, 2022 – Clean Energy, Part 5 – The Practical Problem, and, How #Solar Kept the Lights on After Fiona Left #PuertoRico in the DarkThe bulk of the info is a very fairly laid out presentation that a 90% of renewable energy is mostly doable and feasible. The only really debatable portion, and Dan presents pluses and minuses for each possible choice, is how to supply that last needed 10%.
- September 21, 2022 – Working Texture and Figures into Compositions I Like, Part 5 : Adding a 4th ( textured ) Layer to Danseur en Bleu ( formerly Dancing Turquoise )Much enhanced less subtle, but more vibrant, the current stage of development for Danseur en Bleu is nearing a finish.
- September 20, 2022 – A Beginner’s View : Inflation, the Economy, Climate, Clean Energy, Health etc, How Are They Related in Our Current Everyday Lives? – An On-Going Inquiry, Part 7 – #ClimateTweetsA selection of Tweets I’ve Retweeted about #Climate & related topics, both scary & hopeful 😊🙏
- September 19, 2022 – Working Texture and Figures into Compositions I Like, Part 4 : Adding a 3rd ( pink ) Layer to Danseur en Bleu ( formerly Dancing Turquoise )I only painted a few minutes, ten or so, after mixing matte gel medium and a touch of acrylic rose, and I could only do it because I’m hopeful!
- September 18, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Time at the Musee d’Orsay ” : circa 2012Just a month ago Time at the Musee d’Orsay suddenly popped up as my most viewed, and here it is again! Maybe that means we’ll make it back to Paris eventually after all, lol!
- September 17, 2022 – Post Surgery : Continuing With AntibioticsHaving to resume antibiotics as one of my surgeons got lab results on a mucus sample from my surgery showing growth – so am blessedly kicking back til some blood clotting and fatigue fade away again 🙏
- September 16, 2022 – “Blue with Gold Twilight” and “Pink with Maroon Landscape and Bird” in New #CreativeArtsSociety Juried Art Show at Riverbend Church!Just got word today two of my 10×20 gallery wrap acrylics have been juried into a show I’ve never done with Creative Arts Society before, at Riverbend Church’s “Inspirational Gallery” in Austin’s western side – yes, hills! 😊
Thanks again, everyone! 😊