For those folks fluent in creating multi-panel art works ( polyptychs ) this is probably lower than redundant or basic, lol!
But for me, neophyte newbie never-done polyptychs before, it’s a brave new world!
With “brave” being more than just a play on words.
Depending on which side by side panels you glance at, top before before I painted a change, and below being after, you can count at least 4-5 transition edges —
Using the after-changes piece, I’ve notated ( see below ) 4 areas of transition.
Now this is more than my usual # of edge transitions, it’s just this particular work that I happen to have so many, and probably’s what made me realize how many options I have, and evidently choose to vary! 😊
The #2 transition above is what got my going becoming more conscious ’bout what I was, depending on how you look at, either winging my transitions, or intuitively diversifying them, or even just connecting the two modes without thinking much about it til now.
I just couldn’t let the original gap at the second transition stay that way, so I bridged it.
Obviously I bridged transitions 1, 3 and 4 too, but more fluidly. In the moment, only becoming aware-aware of them by spending time studying what & how to deal with the 2nd transition.
There is, I think, value in all the transitions I used – as long as it works for the artist.
We can’t really guess beyond a certain point what the public will like.
Jump-transitions ( #2 ), smooth pass throughs ( #4 ), sketchy cross-overs ( #3 ), and juxtaposed patterns ( #1 ) – using descriptive names I made up – they all create transitions. And who knows how many other kinds there are! Only spending time creating polyptychs will provide part of the answer to that, lol!
I’m blasting along best I can before several time periods I know I’ll be less able to produce as fully as I can right now. And I will eventually catch up and post the various experiments and fun stuff I’ve been able to concentrate on lately 🙏
Stay well everyone! Be as creative as you’re able, as often as you can wrangle 💕
See & Buy My Art 👩🎨 🎨 ❤️
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- January 01, 2023 – Happy New Year! : My Most Viewed Image the Last Week of 2022 @FineArtAmerica, Little Steps PosterA wonderfully fitting image as my most viewed this past week, the last week, of 2022 – Little Steps, my poster version ❤️ 🙏 ☺️
- December 18, 2022 – 1st Return Appearance Since Spring : My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, Blue with Gold Twilight – #PanoramaOcean waves of blue fill our skies and seas, cascading sighs and whispers of inspiration with each breath.
- December 11, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Morning Light in Barton Springs Greenbelt, Austin Poster” ( circa 2021 ) #AustinTexas #AustinPhotographyMorning Light Poster also recently sold at the Old Bakery and Emporium 🙏😌
- December 03, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Costa Rica Sunset Panorama” : circa 2017I almost skipped even posting about it, but at 4x the views of the nearest most viewed of my images, I needed to drag myself out of my whatever-it-is recent posting stagnation, lol!
- November 21, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Dispatcher” : circa 2011I thought Dispatcher had once already been one of my most viewed of my work on Fine Art America, but I guess not! 😊 It’s been a popular poem, and with the holidays upon us, a great choice as a print or coffee mug ☕️ 🇺🇸
- November 13, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Cypress Creek Mid Afternoon Mid October” : Circa 2019Very unusual to have so many photos from my collection of images at Fine Art America show up among my 12 most viewed images there at FAA, and for so many showing up for the 1st time….
- November 08, 2022 – The Mid-Term Elections 2022 : This is It! If the Elections Are Important to You…VOTE!!!If the elections are important to you – vote! 😊🇺🇸🙏
Thanks again, everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA, Pixels) – https://felipeadan-lerma.pixels.com/
[…] how incredibly varied & creative the joining of edges between 2 adjoining panels can be!https://felipeadanlerma.com/2022/03/25/march-25-2022-another-difference-between-multi-panel-art-poly… […]
LikeLiked by 1 person