I debated strengthening the dark passages on the left side panel to more closely match the right panel, but decided an arbitrary balancing, vs an asymetrical wave motion across the 2 pieces, would hurt the full image more than help.
As a libra I tend to want to balance, over-balance at times, everything, lol!
I do want each panel to work on it’s own, as well as be compatible side by side, plus work as a total visual image, and it’s the latter consideration that let me leave the work as-is.
A few dark accents were extended and added in the top left 1/3 of the left side panel, and that was enough I think.
Now the work sweeps left to right both via the spacings of yelloow-black, and, via the denser yellow-gold lower left of the left side panel which in turns sweeps into the center and then pushes out to join the painting fuller on the right side.
This is not something I structured, or thought out, or designed – it’s simply how the diptych organically worked out, and by not hurrying myself ( too much 😊) I was finally able to recognize where I could leave off – and let the painting stand on its own 🙏
Below-left is a comparison from part 1 blog post about Birth of an Atom with nearly the same area ( below-right ) —
Not a lot of dramatic change, but definitely strengtened the bright pale blues and added deeper yellow-golds over the paler yellows.
The result, I think, is a more vibrant rendition.
Yet, once again, I felt another visual tweak to my mind’s eye saying larger portions of color and shapes than what I’ve typically been using in my polyptychs, seems to be something I’d like to try.
I did finally get a couple of much larger palette knives, and today ( Sunday, April 17, 2022 ) did do what I thought would be an initial lay-in + small amt of secondary lay-in. The shape-color portions are larger, and I’m having a hard time seeing what I could add to this new-to-my-mind’s-eye sorta-minimalist diptych.
Hopefully I can post an image of it for next time 🤞
Stay well everyone! Be creative! 😊
See & Buy My Art 👩🎨 🎨 ❤️
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- September 22, 2022 – Clean Energy, Part 5 – The Practical Problem, and, How #Solar Kept the Lights on After Fiona Left #PuertoRico in the DarkThe bulk of the info is a very fairly laid out presentation that a 90% of renewable energy is mostly doable and feasible. The only really debatable portion, and Dan presents pluses and minuses for each possible choice, is how to supply that last needed 10%.
- September 21, 2022 – Working Texture and Figures into Compositions I Like, Part 5 : Adding a 4th ( textured ) Layer to Danseur en Bleu ( formerly Dancing Turquoise )Much enhanced less subtle, but more vibrant, the current stage of development for Danseur en Bleu is nearing a finish.
- September 20, 2022 – A Beginner’s View : Inflation, the Economy, Climate, Clean Energy, Health etc, How Are They Related in Our Current Everyday Lives? – An On-Going Inquiry, Part 7 – #ClimateTweetsA selection of Tweets I’ve Retweeted about #Climate & related topics, both scary & hopeful 😊🙏
- September 19, 2022 – Working Texture and Figures into Compositions I Like, Part 4 : Adding a 3rd ( pink ) Layer to Danseur en Bleu ( formerly Dancing Turquoise )I only painted a few minutes, ten or so, after mixing matte gel medium and a touch of acrylic rose, and I could only do it because I’m hopeful!
- September 18, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Time at the Musee d’Orsay ” : circa 2012Just a month ago Time at the Musee d’Orsay suddenly popped up as my most viewed, and here it is again! Maybe that means we’ll make it back to Paris eventually after all, lol!
- September 17, 2022 – Post Surgery : Continuing With AntibioticsHaving to resume antibiotics as one of my surgeons got lab results on a mucus sample from my surgery showing growth – so am blessedly kicking back til some blood clotting and fatigue fade away again 🙏
- September 16, 2022 – “Blue with Gold Twilight” and “Pink with Maroon Landscape and Bird” in New #CreativeArtsSociety Juried Art Show at Riverbend Church!Just got word today two of my 10×20 gallery wrap acrylics have been juried into a show I’ve never done with Creative Arts Society before, at Riverbend Church’s “Inspirational Gallery” in Austin’s western side – yes, hills! 😊
Thanks again, everyone! 😊