I debated strengthening the dark passages on the left side panel to more closely match the right panel, but decided an arbitrary balancing, vs an asymetrical wave motion across the 2 pieces, would hurt the full image more than help.
As a libra I tend to want to balance, over-balance at times, everything, lol!
I do want each panel to work on it’s own, as well as be compatible side by side, plus work as a total visual image, and it’s the latter consideration that let me leave the work as-is.
A few dark accents were extended and added in the top left 1/3 of the left side panel, and that was enough I think.
Now the work sweeps left to right both via the spacings of yelloow-black, and, via the denser yellow-gold lower left of the left side panel which in turns sweeps into the center and then pushes out to join the painting fuller on the right side.
This is not something I structured, or thought out, or designed – it’s simply how the diptych organically worked out, and by not hurrying myself ( too much 😊) I was finally able to recognize where I could leave off – and let the painting stand on its own 🙏
Below-left is a comparison from part 1 blog post about Birth of an Atom with nearly the same area ( below-right ) —
Not a lot of dramatic change, but definitely strengtened the bright pale blues and added deeper yellow-golds over the paler yellows.
The result, I think, is a more vibrant rendition.
Yet, once again, I felt another visual tweak to my mind’s eye saying larger portions of color and shapes than what I’ve typically been using in my polyptychs, seems to be something I’d like to try.
I did finally get a couple of much larger palette knives, and today ( Sunday, April 17, 2022 ) did do what I thought would be an initial lay-in + small amt of secondary lay-in. The shape-color portions are larger, and I’m having a hard time seeing what I could add to this new-to-my-mind’s-eye sorta-minimalist diptych.
Hopefully I can post an image of it for next time 🤞
Stay well everyone! Be creative! 😊
See & Buy My Art 👩🎨 🎨 ❤️
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- January 01, 2023 – Happy New Year! : My Most Viewed Image the Last Week of 2022 @FineArtAmerica, Little Steps PosterA wonderfully fitting image as my most viewed this past week, the last week, of 2022 – Little Steps, my poster version ❤️ 🙏 ☺️
- December 18, 2022 – 1st Return Appearance Since Spring : My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, Blue with Gold Twilight – #PanoramaOcean waves of blue fill our skies and seas, cascading sighs and whispers of inspiration with each breath.
- December 11, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Morning Light in Barton Springs Greenbelt, Austin Poster” ( circa 2021 ) #AustinTexas #AustinPhotographyMorning Light Poster also recently sold at the Old Bakery and Emporium 🙏😌
- December 03, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Costa Rica Sunset Panorama” : circa 2017I almost skipped even posting about it, but at 4x the views of the nearest most viewed of my images, I needed to drag myself out of my whatever-it-is recent posting stagnation, lol!
- November 21, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Dispatcher” : circa 2011I thought Dispatcher had once already been one of my most viewed of my work on Fine Art America, but I guess not! 😊 It’s been a popular poem, and with the holidays upon us, a great choice as a print or coffee mug ☕️ 🇺🇸
- November 13, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Cypress Creek Mid Afternoon Mid October” : Circa 2019Very unusual to have so many photos from my collection of images at Fine Art America show up among my 12 most viewed images there at FAA, and for so many showing up for the 1st time….
- November 08, 2022 – The Mid-Term Elections 2022 : This is It! If the Elections Are Important to You…VOTE!!!If the elections are important to you – vote! 😊🇺🇸🙏
Thanks again, everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA, Pixels) – https://felipeadan-lerma.pixels.com/
Yep, Libras are always trying to get everything balanced just right! It looks like you have done a great job, very nice work!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thanks, Tiffany! When I was a kid I thought Libra meant we “are” balanced, lol! Now I know it means we’re always “balancing” 😊