Chilly start to the early morning compared to the last few months, but a welcome change. If all works well, plan to leave with Sheila after breakfast to the Blue Hole, located just as one enters Wimberley from the east (vs the RR12 from the north from Dripping Springs). Am looking very forward to seeing how today’s full sunshine (the last for several days it looks) through the cypress trees at Blue Hole, a swimming spot along a section of Cypress Creek where we took the 6 year old last week. The swimming hole part of Blue Hole is closed to swimming, but not meandering along the banks and trails. We may do lunch in Wimberley too, then hit Sprouts on the way back home. Wed is double ad day at Sprouts where they honor both the ending week’s sales and the new week’s starting sales. Sheila loves that, and I benefit in all kinds of good eatin’ ways 😊
I’ve already put away the dishes from the dishwasher, today’s reg post (updating my Amazon Affiliate marketing) is up, put cereal breakfast stuff out to fix (berries, seeds, flakes, banana), and just heard the 2nd pot of coffee (we use a small 4 cupper model we’ve stuck with for many years) finish up, gurgling up a storm it’s ready – not a bad start so far 🙏 ☺️
I took it fairly easy today; did wake around the time I like – 6am – and felt half way ok, which is to say, not bad! 😊 I still elected to stay home and let Sheila go to WellMed for the strength class there, something I’ll try to go to next week’s go’ round.
Meanwhile I did 3 things I’d been wanting to get done – in between breakfast, lunch, and snacks of course, plus brief walks in gorgeous sunshine & cool air (such luxury!)
1) I created a new marketing page that’s accessible on Amazon. I tell more about it on today’s reg post updating my Amazon Affiliate marketing. I have a general page and can create Idea pages and have one of the latter so far, for Impressionist Art. Figured that was a good place to start, what’s most on my mind most the time if I’m not hurting or hungry, you know, the two “h’s” lol 😂 I do have a screen shot of the Idea page on my reg post, and (with a lot of other info) say – “My Impressionist Art page, current stage shown above, includes art histories, novels, DVD’s, art instruction, and even an inexpensive packet of Impressionist Art bookmarks!”
2) I reworked my Lou Neff digital poster of Austin (avail at both The Old Bakery & Emporium & Fine Art America) in terms of its mat-like border to size it to 24×36 so’s to offer it as a canvas print at venues here in Austin through Creative Arts Society’s various show locations – some of them want larger modern or abstract work (vs impressionist).
3) Did a mini-reveal of my plans to present chapter by chapter my 2012 novella, The Old American Artist, here on my blog. Lots of details of that process in that same post uploaded today re my Amazon Affiliate marketing, relating something about art to my Impressionist Art idea page. Here’s a snippet of that – “…of course, The Old American Artist is semi-autobiographical, w/embellishments & exclusions, lol! But, it is about art, and being artist.”
An unplanned bonus, but very nice, was wearing some nifty new exercise sweats I got from my kids for my birthday. Nope, I couldn’t complain about the weather, or not having something nice to wear in the cooler drier mild air during yesterday’s short walks 😊 I probably got more steps inside getting water & juice & tea refills, oh and snacks, than walking outside, but I also knew, if all went well, I’d be wearing that same nifty outfit for a possible early morning outing back to Wimberley to walk around Blue Hole (the preserve near where we took Max last week) in 50 degree nippy weather to see if there’s more magic shots to be discovered there too 💕
Related Amazon Search & Products
You can also begin a new search from any image below 😊
My Purchase & Wish List On Amazon 😊
I do like to point out I pick my selections to showcase from my Amazon searches. May not always be the case, or wholly always the case, but for now, I prefer picking titles and book covers and gift items that just really appeal to me. There’s lots more to choose from, but only have so much room, lol! I hope you enjoy —
My Related Blog Posts
My Latest Blog Posts
- Easy Morning – New Watercolor #FigureArt on Absorbent Ground, May 2020Easy Morning, new watercolor on absorbent ground 6×6 gallery wrap canvas #figureart My newest figure work had the usual tug and pull process painting it 😊 I really like the soft gentle feel of it, and especially like the look my wife got seeing it ❤️
- At Rest With Nature – New Watercolor on Absorbent Ground, May 2020At Peace With Nature has several firsts for me. One, it’s a 5×7 stretched canvas, another size like my recent 6×12, A Walk Among the Wildflowers, I haven’t done in quite awhile, certainly even further back by maybe even decades, lol! It’s an interesting size, being small, yet enabling and enhancing the sense of length or height, like the 6×12, but more subtly.
- Aging Through Covid-19, May 27, 2020Personal Transitions During Stay-at-Home Distancing No BIG in the typical sense of what I tend to think “big” life change/transitions are, but with no blog post for 5 or 6 days, I gave up figuring out the exact # of days, lol, I felt compelled to say a little something.
- Aging Through Covid-19, May 26, 2020Photo Lessons for Dummies by BE KITSCHIG is a superb humor laden look at the all too common pitfalls and inadvertent mistakes we all non-professionals make with our cameras 😂
- A Walk Among the WildFlowers – New Watercolor on Absorbent Ground, May 2020As one can tell by my photo below, I took a few liberties, but to some extent, that happens whether I plan it or not, lol 😂 But I like the result too much to alter anything on it. Another version, another time, will elicit a different response, and I do think this is one motif I’ll want to do more of, vs variations for just practice 😊
- Aging Through Covid-19, May 20, 2020A bit of news out of my home state of Texas. For the past decade, the two main political parties of that state have battled in and out of court in regard to things vote related. Actually seemingly everything vote related, lol!
- Covid-19 Visit to Lady Bird Wildflower Center May 2020 💐First trip I can think of for Sheila & myself, much less with Max, since maybe pre-Covid! 💕 Short, less than 2 hours, and less than 15 minutes from home, but what a treat! 😊
Thanks so much everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html