Chilly start to the early morning compared to the last few months, but a welcome change. If all works well, plan to leave with Sheila after breakfast to the Blue Hole, located just as one enters Wimberley from the east (vs the RR12 from the north from Dripping Springs). Am looking very forward to seeing how today’s full sunshine (the last for several days it looks) through the cypress trees at Blue Hole, a swimming spot along a section of Cypress Creek where we took the 6 year old last week. The swimming hole part of Blue Hole is closed to swimming, but not meandering along the banks and trails. We may do lunch in Wimberley too, then hit Sprouts on the way back home. Wed is double ad day at Sprouts where they honor both the ending week’s sales and the new week’s starting sales. Sheila loves that, and I benefit in all kinds of good eatin’ ways 😊
I’ve already put away the dishes from the dishwasher, today’s reg post (updating my Amazon Affiliate marketing) is up, put cereal breakfast stuff out to fix (berries, seeds, flakes, banana), and just heard the 2nd pot of coffee (we use a small 4 cupper model we’ve stuck with for many years) finish up, gurgling up a storm it’s ready – not a bad start so far 🙏 ☺️
I took it fairly easy today; did wake around the time I like – 6am – and felt half way ok, which is to say, not bad! 😊 I still elected to stay home and let Sheila go to WellMed for the strength class there, something I’ll try to go to next week’s go’ round.
Meanwhile I did 3 things I’d been wanting to get done – in between breakfast, lunch, and snacks of course, plus brief walks in gorgeous sunshine & cool air (such luxury!)
1) I created a new marketing page that’s accessible on Amazon. I tell more about it on today’s reg post updating my Amazon Affiliate marketing. I have a general page and can create Idea pages and have one of the latter so far, for Impressionist Art. Figured that was a good place to start, what’s most on my mind most the time if I’m not hurting or hungry, you know, the two “h’s” lol 😂 I do have a screen shot of the Idea page on my reg post, and (with a lot of other info) say – “My Impressionist Art page, current stage shown above, includes art histories, novels, DVD’s, art instruction, and even an inexpensive packet of Impressionist Art bookmarks!”
2) I reworked my Lou Neff digital poster of Austin (avail at both The Old Bakery & Emporium & Fine Art America) in terms of its mat-like border to size it to 24×36 so’s to offer it as a canvas print at venues here in Austin through Creative Arts Society’s various show locations – some of them want larger modern or abstract work (vs impressionist).
3) Did a mini-reveal of my plans to present chapter by chapter my 2012 novella, The Old American Artist, here on my blog. Lots of details of that process in that same post uploaded today re my Amazon Affiliate marketing, relating something about art to my Impressionist Art idea page. Here’s a snippet of that – “…of course, The Old American Artist is semi-autobiographical, w/embellishments & exclusions, lol! But, it is about art, and being artist.”
An unplanned bonus, but very nice, was wearing some nifty new exercise sweats I got from my kids for my birthday. Nope, I couldn’t complain about the weather, or not having something nice to wear in the cooler drier mild air during yesterday’s short walks 😊 I probably got more steps inside getting water & juice & tea refills, oh and snacks, than walking outside, but I also knew, if all went well, I’d be wearing that same nifty outfit for a possible early morning outing back to Wimberley to walk around Blue Hole (the preserve near where we took Max last week) in 50 degree nippy weather to see if there’s more magic shots to be discovered there too 💕
Related Amazon Search & Products
You can also begin a new search from any image below 😊
My Purchase & Wish List On Amazon 😊
I do like to point out I pick my selections to showcase from my Amazon searches. May not always be the case, or wholly always the case, but for now, I prefer picking titles and book covers and gift items that just really appeal to me. There’s lots more to choose from, but only have so much room, lol! I hope you enjoy —
My Related Blog Posts
My Latest Blog Posts
- September 20, 2021 – Dappled Light, “Figures in a Landscape Study” Still Not Done, But, Already a Learning Tool For Me!“Learning Tool for Me” is part of my blog title today simply ’cause I’ve looking at this post as specifically geared to get me where I wanna go – keeping in mind my destination is a generalized abstraction of image / feeling / and intuitive aspiration (hopefully including figurative work) & it’s reached a point of development over my previous renditions that I now need to put my resolve into concrete, hopefully creative, useful thoughts for my future directions. Lot of contradictions. Like life. Like me 😊 Here goes (for now) —
- September 19, 2021 – Dappled Light, “Figures in a Landscape Study” ContinuedJust a quick post updating yesterday’s release showing what I’ve changed/added on to a watercolor on paper I’d 1st posted about on Sept 7th…A bigger factor in today’s image update is the addition of more “white”.
- September 18, 2021 – Dapple Light, My Creative Conundrum and CaldronMy regular readers know I’ve been more and more attracted to the idea of being able to paint dappled light, consciously, and hopefully, eventually more spontaneously. I titled my post to include both “conundrum” – which I kept misspelling til I looked it up 😊 – and “caldron” – which I keep feeling my creative heart and mind are swimming in (over their heads) lol!
- September 17, 2021 – New Most Viewed Image For the Week @FineArtAmerica, “Fantasy Walk” : Watercolor on Canvas on Light Molding Paste, #ContemporaryImpressionismSome times, some days, the little things, like the big things, if they are good and hopeful, then they are helpful.
- September 16, 2021 – Reblog(s) : Graham McQuade, Benchmarks 1 & 2 (Acrylic Painting) #figureartThis necessarily (on my part) a short post due to some time constraints, although I should add, Graham’s posts will be a quick read. They’re short, tight with information. What will take a little time, if you notice the time 😊 is….
- September 15, 2021 – Birds at Pfluger Bridge Austin @FineArtAmericaBirds at Pfluger Bridge Austin is an 11×14 oil painting I finished a little over 3 years ago, but never wrote up about individually on my blog. I realized this was the case when I tried to find my WordPress image from an older blog post to include in my most recent post; about birds of course 😊 Why I hadn’t done a post, announcing when I’d uploaded it to Fine Art America is simply that I….
- September 14, 2021 – Playing with 4K Video to Grab Still ShotsNow that we’ve had our bird feeder up a few months at our new location, we’ve come across a wider variety of birds (and other critters) and’ve been working at grabbing shots of birds in motion I might could use for sketches and such 🦅
Thanks so much everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html