Today will be as full a day as yesterday’s, but with entirely differing agendas.
Beyond prepping files to send to CAS for consideration for another of their many venues here in Austin, our youngest girl is having eye work on both eyes and we’ll need to co-ordinate picking her up and probably have Sheila spend the night w/her. We know the 6 year old will love that too 💕
The best thing’ll be be to pace.
If I can, I’ll post some preliminary pics of our trip to Wimberley yesterday 😊
(mid-morning update, link to yesterday’s teaser Wimberley pics 😊) –
Yesterday was a brilliant day of returning to exploring new sites for images that mesmerize me and make me want to drop all things not creative and paint, format images, prepare work I can sell, design blog pages filled with enticing images, and —
Well, if you get the drift – I overextend, if jubilantly so 😊
I’ll give myself some leeway…
After all, I’m barely a month and a half past a second surgery in less than 4 mths.
Sheila & I made a return trip to Wimberley to explore some areas adjacent and close to where we’d gone last week w/our youngest grandchild. We explored Blue Hole, Old Baldy – so named for it’s barren look before cedar trees populated the area – and peeked inside the preserve along Cypress Creek. Plus, we had a home style meal at the Wimberley Cafe in the square. It was so good I had to ask for a 2nd homemade biscuit ☺️
The day had become quite warm, upper 80s, though certainly nothing like 106, lol! And we were obviously tiring and still needed to grocery shop when we returned to Austin. Once all done with that, I laid down to rest, and slept over two hours.
In the later evening we watched the beginning of Bull on TV, and Sheila fell asleep sitting up half way through. I saved our spot on the DVR, and turned off the TV.
It is great to be active.
It is also great to acknowledge when one has done a bit – or several bits – too much 😊
It’s part and parcel of senior fitness. Balancing being active with acknowledging limitations ❤️
Related Amazon Search & Products
You can also begin a new search from any image below 😊
My Purchase & Wish List On Amazon 😊
I do like to point out I pick my selections to showcase from my Amazon searches. May not always be the case, or wholly always the case, but for now, I prefer picking titles and book covers and gift items that just really appeal to me. There’s lots more to choose from, but only have so much room, lol! I hope you enjoy —
My Related Blog Posts
My Latest Blog Posts
- December 03, 2021 – I Am Tired, But I Am Happy; I’ve Been Painting, A Lot!The above pic contrasts below with this earlier pic shot shot in November —
- December 02, 2021 – My Minimalist Art Experiment, “Abstract Minimalism 1 (in-progress) Part 2, Major ShiftThe large blue area (which I loved) had to be muted (or change the other orange/red areas). Blue bottom areas were also muted. The white/yellow glaze over the blue area tinting it into green. But, do I want to do more? Do I need to do more?
- December 01, 2021 – My Minimalist Art Experiment, “Abstract Minimalism 1 (in-progress) Part 1, a BeginningA funny thing happened on my way to my newest attempt to correctly ( ie, satisfyingly ) extrapolate a detail shot ( variations of which I’m calling, “Approach” ) of one of my paintings (Autumn Passage) — — during the 2nd lay-in, after applying Light Molding Paste over the canvas, I ended up, when I’d see it from a distance, ie through a door from another room, very much liking its basic look; enough so I decided to try and enhance the current stage of the painting, yet, keep it’s basic minimalism intact 😊
- November 30, 2021 – My Idea for Promoting My WordPress Blog Posts on Twitter (With My Pinned Tweet), Part 4And so far, I’m very pleased with how it’s working. It’s saving me a bit of time, yet also keeping tweets going out promoting my more recent posts. I could probably do with slightly more frequently….
- November 29, 2021 – Fine Art America News : “Easy Morning” and “Walking in Light” Featured in Art Groups + Sold a “If Dads Were” Coffee CupBoth figures in the painting above and below are watercolors, though, Easy Morning is all watercolor on absorbent ground. Walking in Light’s paint, around the figure below, is acrylic; both the watercolor figure and remainder of my painting done on Golden’s Light Molding Paste. Golden has evidently been at improving acrylics a long time, as I learned in this post (with links to Golden’s article), and I can say that for me, working on their molding paste, in watercolor and acrylic, is a real treat!
- November 28, 2021 – My Most Viewed Image This Past Week @FineArtAmerica, Heart FragmentIf it was an amazing process to see older photos and artwork show up on my most viewed list last week (and it was 😊) then this batch is incredible! Work from so many years have shown up, and such a variety! It tells me, one can never quite tell what folks might be looking for day to day, week to week, and it’s nice for me to have the inventory assortment, “almost” a historical diary, of my work
- November 27, 2021 – LOL! I Don’t Like It, But I WANT It! : Preparing More Paintings and Applications for Places to Show and Sell!!I squashed together what I could to show a “fair” sampling of my work recently finished or in-progress right now. There’s more, tucked here and there among these, lol! And on another wall! I choose to consider that a good problem 😊 Seeing these together like tis, If I had to choose one thing tying them all together – the impressionist skews, the abstracted slants, the washes, the thick tones, the high key and (nearly) BW work – I’d say it’s….
Thanks so much everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html