Would go w/Sheila to the gym later this morning, but will be picking up the 6 yr old at school in the afternoon. Always a pleasure, the latter, but always a challenge in the city’s traffic. Easier to drive to Wimberley than into town at 4x the distance and barely a little longer getting there, lol!
Also need to see why in today’s reg post I can’t see my images. May have to contact WordPress, no idea right now.
Well, reformatted the two images of my laparoscopic scars via Affinity Photo, ie, flattened any layers and clipped the canvas of the visible image so no cropped transparent space was left on the file, and wallah! Images seem to work well in the post now – yay!
Nice start to a much colder windy but welcome day 🙏 😊
Yesterday was a push and a shift in both the weather and my daily routines – though I should say my attempt at a daily routine, lol!
My life has become the Wild West of daily living, in terms of routine, not, you know, shoot ‘em ups and saloons and stuff 😊
Weather wise we started on the warm side and a cold wet front blew in ‘round six.
The change, though our day trip to Wimberley Wednesday was nearly ideal, most of Thursday’d become humid and still. Til the front blew in! Rain lashed me and Sheila from the balcony back inside, but with grins on our faces, lol!
The other change was the steady push to take photos for art entries, get submissions in to calls for art dotted with warnings that once the venue was full – no more entries. Plus Sheila and I got the youngest girl from her eye surgery and took her home; we think she’ll be fine by tomorrow. It’s one of those new things where she’ll never need glasses or contacts again, will have perfect near and far vision, and as her son, our 6 yr old grandson says, maybe see through buildings too 💕 😊
Once we had her back home and settled, with an Indian take out food stop along the way for her, Sheila started on yesterday’s wild Salmon catch at Sprouts, and I dove back into the 2nd venue I was submitting to via CAS (Creative Arts Society). The 1st venue had a hard cut-off of early next month and it’d sent out an email saying the show was full earlier this week! Luckily I had my entries in & maybe hear something positive soon on that! With a delicious pause for lunch, I finished submissions for the 2nd venue (yesterday was the 2nd day since the art call went out) and couple hours later got an email saying show was full! I do think one or both of my entries’ ll make it! Nice cafe w/show through the holidays ☺️
Also decided on a nice reblog of important info from SilverSneakers re their classes & why they work so well for folks like me, ie, seniors.
Then, finished my reg post for today, something I’d been wanting to do but wasn’t sure how, like how to present the laparoscopic scars from my two surgeries, and talk about them in relation to the challenge of regaining my old sense of balance – like a spry seedling happy to wiggle in the wind confident in its roots ♥️ 🌱
Related Amazon Search & Products
You can also begin a new search from any image below 😊
My Purchase & Wish List On Amazon 😊
I do like to point out I pick my selections to showcase from my Amazon searches. May not always be the case, or wholly always the case, but for now, I prefer picking titles and book covers and gift items that just really appeal to me. There’s lots more to choose from, but only have so much room, lol! I hope you enjoy —
My Related Blog Posts
My Latest Blog Posts
- October 19, 2021 – Turning 71 Feels Like Turning on the Spigots!I’ve meandered around what to write for my birthday post this year, probably reflecting not exactly the chaos (though there’s enough of that, lol!) but the whirl of activity in my life right now – fitness activities, art – of all kind, family, and the stutteringly slow but certain shift from unbearable 6 month summer in Austin to, well, breathable walkable art-doable weather ❤️ Weatherman says the weekend days’ highs into my birthday (Tuesday) are the coolest temps since mid-April. That’s a very long time, lol! 😅
- October 18, 2021 – A Good Problem, Lots of Interesting Pics and Posts Developing in My Blog Pipeline! Part 3, 1st Completed Work of 5 – “Playtime, Mother and Child”I’m also breaking a bit of tradition in terms of my routine and going ahead and posting my completed image, not as good a resolution etc as I’d like (yet), and also not yet uploaded to Fine Art America. It’s simply a time choice. Paint and create. Or paint less but massage the photo capture & upload to FAA more. It’s not really a win-lose thing.
- October 17, 2021 – My Most Viewed Image For a 2nd Week @FineArtAmerica, Abstract Study 1, #watercolorThough I’ve had some of my images repeat a 2nd week or more, or return again after awhile to place top of my views for the week at Fine Art America, it’s still rare for an abstract of mine to do so. It’s sorta ironic for me, since I began painting in earnest in the 80s creating acrylic abstracts (after fooling around doing clouds and Dali-ish dripping clocks in my 20s 😊), and then….
- October 16, 2021 – My Idea for Promoting My WordPress Blog Posts on Twitter (Besides My Pinned Tweet), Part 2Knowing me, I doubt this’ll be my final tweet format I can use on Twitter to let folks see & know what my most recent blog posts are. I of course tweet the individual blog posts themselves out, often using them here in my posts. But I felt the need for a more inclusive, easy to change to keep up-to-date format and after some earlier incarnations, this tweet above may work for me for awhile, changing the screen shot of my current blogs as needed 😊
- October 15, 2021 – 2nd Time Out Sketching with Austin’s #UrbanSketchers Group! Still a Treat! #PeaseParkThough immensely more challenging this time around for October’s outting with Austin’s Urban Sketchers chapter (heat indexes near 100 – hopefully a forerunner to an expected cool front; traffic challenges due to Austin City Limits festival), and, not particularly enamored with my resultant efforts this time around — — it was so good to talk with other artists! Be out among so many folks and families, and, “try” my 2nd time out painting plein air since (I think) the early 2000s!
- October 14, 2021 – My Idea for Promoting My WordPress Blog Posts on Twitter (Besides My Pinned Tweet), Part 1I have my pinned tweet on my Twitter timeline of course, where I show images of my work on Fine Art America, with link to my site there of course, and, also list my blog site here on WordPress. But as you can tell above, the latter, my WordPress website, gets not that much focus. Though if you’d like to retweet it, please do, lol! 😊 So basically, I asked myself, how – beyond a 2 short lines in the text – can I better promote my WordPress site, along with my Fine Art America site?
- October 13, 2021 – A Good Problem, Lots of Interesting Pics and Posts Developing in My Blog Pipeline! Part 2Recently I posted 3 other canvas paintings I’ve been working on, and here I’m showing the 2 I’d mentioned in that post but didn’t have photo captures of yet. Both are 18×24 on canvas, with light molding paste from Golden, but, at this stage applied slightly differently.
Thanks so much everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html