Would go w/Sheila to the gym later this morning, but will be picking up the 6 yr old at school in the afternoon. Always a pleasure, the latter, but always a challenge in the city’s traffic. Easier to drive to Wimberley than into town at 4x the distance and barely a little longer getting there, lol!
Also need to see why in today’s reg post I can’t see my images. May have to contact WordPress, no idea right now.
Well, reformatted the two images of my laparoscopic scars via Affinity Photo, ie, flattened any layers and clipped the canvas of the visible image so no cropped transparent space was left on the file, and wallah! Images seem to work well in the post now – yay!
Nice start to a much colder windy but welcome day 🙏 😊
Yesterday was a push and a shift in both the weather and my daily routines – though I should say my attempt at a daily routine, lol!
My life has become the Wild West of daily living, in terms of routine, not, you know, shoot ‘em ups and saloons and stuff 😊
Weather wise we started on the warm side and a cold wet front blew in ‘round six.
The change, though our day trip to Wimberley Wednesday was nearly ideal, most of Thursday’d become humid and still. Til the front blew in! Rain lashed me and Sheila from the balcony back inside, but with grins on our faces, lol!
The other change was the steady push to take photos for art entries, get submissions in to calls for art dotted with warnings that once the venue was full – no more entries. Plus Sheila and I got the youngest girl from her eye surgery and took her home; we think she’ll be fine by tomorrow. It’s one of those new things where she’ll never need glasses or contacts again, will have perfect near and far vision, and as her son, our 6 yr old grandson says, maybe see through buildings too 💕 😊
Once we had her back home and settled, with an Indian take out food stop along the way for her, Sheila started on yesterday’s wild Salmon catch at Sprouts, and I dove back into the 2nd venue I was submitting to via CAS (Creative Arts Society). The 1st venue had a hard cut-off of early next month and it’d sent out an email saying the show was full earlier this week! Luckily I had my entries in & maybe hear something positive soon on that! With a delicious pause for lunch, I finished submissions for the 2nd venue (yesterday was the 2nd day since the art call went out) and couple hours later got an email saying show was full! I do think one or both of my entries’ ll make it! Nice cafe w/show through the holidays ☺️
Also decided on a nice reblog of important info from SilverSneakers re their classes & why they work so well for folks like me, ie, seniors.
Then, finished my reg post for today, something I’d been wanting to do but wasn’t sure how, like how to present the laparoscopic scars from my two surgeries, and talk about them in relation to the challenge of regaining my old sense of balance – like a spry seedling happy to wiggle in the wind confident in its roots ♥️ 🌱
Related Amazon Search & Products
You can also begin a new search from any image below 😊
My Purchase & Wish List On Amazon 😊
I do like to point out I pick my selections to showcase from my Amazon searches. May not always be the case, or wholly always the case, but for now, I prefer picking titles and book covers and gift items that just really appeal to me. There’s lots more to choose from, but only have so much room, lol! I hope you enjoy —
My Related Blog Posts
My Latest Blog Posts
- May 15, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Spring Rising”I’d done a lot of deep or darker night-like paintings for a bit, so it felt pretty nice to lighten up my palette for awhile. Working back & forth, from the two approaches – playing the potential good from both approaches seems to suit my Libra middle, lol!
- May 14, 2022 – My 1st Classical Stretch Workout with Miranda Esmonde-White ( via YouTube ) in Many Months!Though similar to SilverSneakers’ classes, Miranda’s classes focus largely on making the fascia network in our bodies more fluid. Some movements are very similar, but more extended, dance-like, reflecting Miranda’s ballerina and dance background!
- May 13, 2022 – “Angel” in AVAA’s 1st Austin Art Space Gallery and Studio Group Show in a Long Time!Just a very quick post to announce that my 18×24 inch acrylic on stretched canvas, Angel – has been accepted into Austin Visual Arts Association’s ( AVAA) 1st group show since ( I believe ) the pandemic. Definitely been a long time coming and feels great to be able to be showing with this long time Austin art association again! 😊
- May 12, 2022 – Updated My #Twitter Header Image and Pinned TweetThough Twitter’s future is up in the air, or ether, or virtual landscape; and my own “footprint” there and social media in general is micro-whatever, lol! — it’s still my micro existence, and I want to care for it best I can 😊
- May 11, 2022 – Reblog / Review : Joan Mitchell, “I carry my landscapes around with me” – #Polyptychs…my reading of Joan Mitchell’s work – while often including much of that same connection, speaks more directly to me about the impact of the canvas before me in that process. Especially most specifically in regard to Joan’s work with multi-panel / multi-canvas works of art – ie, polyptychs!
- May 10, 2022 – BW Impressionist Abstract 1, Completed!A few posts back, about a new diptych in-progress, Freedom, in the 2nd 1/2 of the post, I mentioned having another in-progress work, BW Impressionist Abstract 1, that the 9 year old ( our youngest grandchild ) said he really liked, but wanted more “gold” in it, and pointed out where & how much more gold paint 😊 So I took him at his word & did the changes –
- May 09, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, 2nd Time This Year My Top 3 Most Viewed Images Are Photographs!Part of what I find fascinating about this posting’s top 3 viewed of my images at Fine Art America, is that all 3 are BW, or mostly so! As fascinating is I’ve also had a series of intermittent paintings of featuring mostly dark tones, even some with gold tones, like as seen in Bridge into the Night above. Among them have been —
Thanks so much everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html