Would go w/Sheila to the gym later this morning, but will be picking up the 6 yr old at school in the afternoon. Always a pleasure, the latter, but always a challenge in the city’s traffic. Easier to drive to Wimberley than into town at 4x the distance and barely a little longer getting there, lol!
Also need to see why in today’s reg post I can’t see my images. May have to contact WordPress, no idea right now.
Well, reformatted the two images of my laparoscopic scars via Affinity Photo, ie, flattened any layers and clipped the canvas of the visible image so no cropped transparent space was left on the file, and wallah! Images seem to work well in the post now – yay!
Nice start to a much colder windy but welcome day 🙏 😊
Yesterday was a push and a shift in both the weather and my daily routines – though I should say my attempt at a daily routine, lol!
My life has become the Wild West of daily living, in terms of routine, not, you know, shoot ‘em ups and saloons and stuff 😊
Weather wise we started on the warm side and a cold wet front blew in ‘round six.
The change, though our day trip to Wimberley Wednesday was nearly ideal, most of Thursday’d become humid and still. Til the front blew in! Rain lashed me and Sheila from the balcony back inside, but with grins on our faces, lol!
The other change was the steady push to take photos for art entries, get submissions in to calls for art dotted with warnings that once the venue was full – no more entries. Plus Sheila and I got the youngest girl from her eye surgery and took her home; we think she’ll be fine by tomorrow. It’s one of those new things where she’ll never need glasses or contacts again, will have perfect near and far vision, and as her son, our 6 yr old grandson says, maybe see through buildings too 💕 😊
Once we had her back home and settled, with an Indian take out food stop along the way for her, Sheila started on yesterday’s wild Salmon catch at Sprouts, and I dove back into the 2nd venue I was submitting to via CAS (Creative Arts Society). The 1st venue had a hard cut-off of early next month and it’d sent out an email saying the show was full earlier this week! Luckily I had my entries in & maybe hear something positive soon on that! With a delicious pause for lunch, I finished submissions for the 2nd venue (yesterday was the 2nd day since the art call went out) and couple hours later got an email saying show was full! I do think one or both of my entries’ ll make it! Nice cafe w/show through the holidays ☺️
Also decided on a nice reblog of important info from SilverSneakers re their classes & why they work so well for folks like me, ie, seniors.
Then, finished my reg post for today, something I’d been wanting to do but wasn’t sure how, like how to present the laparoscopic scars from my two surgeries, and talk about them in relation to the challenge of regaining my old sense of balance – like a spry seedling happy to wiggle in the wind confident in its roots ♥️ 🌱
Related Amazon Search & Products
You can also begin a new search from any image below 😊
My Purchase & Wish List On Amazon 😊
I do like to point out I pick my selections to showcase from my Amazon searches. May not always be the case, or wholly always the case, but for now, I prefer picking titles and book covers and gift items that just really appeal to me. There’s lots more to choose from, but only have so much room, lol! I hope you enjoy —
My Related Blog Posts
My Latest Blog Posts
- July 31, 2021 – Prepping a New 16×20 Acrylic, Working Title : Testing the WaterThe initial goal was to simply select and mark the area for my figure. Then I freely applied Golden’s light molding paste, leaving the selected area for my figure much more level, and forming the paste into potentially vegetative designs as inspiration and malleable ground meshed —
- July 30, 2021 – What a Difference a New Keyboard Makes : LENRICH iPad pro 12.9 case with keyboardThis is an older now discontinued keyboard, but one of the few still available for my IPad Pro 2nd generation model (current model is 5th generation I believe), but I’m impressed with it enough to post about it and (if all continues well) my renewed ease of use not having to use the onscreen keyboard for blog posts, emails etc – that’s a big deal for me, lol! 😊
- July 29, 2021 – Whew! Yesterday Was a Day of Plowing Through, lol!Above is a picture of me November 2019 (notice the weather is warm but hot, finally 😊) and I look just a bit worn out? I’d just climbed the 218 steps to top of Old Baldy near Wimberley Texas! That’s kinda how I felt yesterday, only without as nice a view, lol! I’ll just say that….
- July 28, 2021 – New 25×40 #Acrylic on Canvas In-Progress : Barton Springs Greenbelt Indian SummerA chore heat filled day where my keyboard evidently is deciding it’s had it, lol! Hopefully I finish this post 😊 Basically I started the groundwork for my newest painting, acrylic, wanting to settle on my composition before hand, unlike how I handled my just finished watercolor, same size, where I inserted my figure at the end.
- July 27, 2021 – 4 Weeks Running! My Most Viewed Image For the Week @FineArtAmerica, Summer is a Lady : #Watercolor on Paper #ContemporaryImpressionismI’m sure I’ve had images repeat as most viewed 4 times in a row, but I wasn’t paying as much attention to that as I try to nowadays 😊 Summer is a Lady continues to simmer atop my selection of photos and artwork and illustrated poetry ♥️
- July 26, 2021 – Where I Left Off Before Our Trip, New #Watercolor on Canvas Completed : Barton Springs Greenbelt Indian SummerI just took another look at my newly completed painting (above) to try for some settled sentiment I can include for my post, and I do have that – some settled sentiment. I’m still digesting and assimilating what this new work means to me. Though I know it’s incomplete, because I also know this work is more a conscious marker of where I want to head, and feel compelled to head toward, I do have a grasp enough to point out some things that are making themselves more known to me.
- July 25, 2021 – Where I Left Off Before Our Trip, New Watercolor on Canvas in-progress, Developing the Right Figure to AddAs you can tell from my top pic, my efforts to progress from my value study and digital studies below are not going great, lol! I take solace from several things —
Thanks so much everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html