Today no early morning class for either of us, though Sheila & I may go to the noon strength class at Gold’s Gym. Beyond that, last of the month, so lots of bills to be paid. Also last of the few days of mild weather before another, more lingering cold front comes in. Stomach’s a lot better though still just off kilter this morning. Allergies are way up all across the area, and I’d forgotten (and maybe not realized til these surgeries) the impact all the drainage into the stomach from those allergies are. I rarely take an allergy pill but did do so yesterday and it definitely helped. Hopefully make it without another today 😊
Hope to at least finish the post I began yesterday on my reading-review of my digital copy of Notan. I think it’s gonna have as much impact on my thinking and feeling and eventually, doing, as I’d hoped. We’ll see ❤️
Well, as sometimes happens, and more often than not, that’s for sure, almost none of yesterday’s “plans” panned out, lol!
The breakfast w/the daughter from out of town switched out to helping the daughter w/the 6 year old when it turned out her battery’s gone dead the night before and AAA had come out & given her a jump. She’d been in a small neighboring town w/her best friend and both their 3 children for Halloween thing in that small town. The 6 year old had gone home to spend the night w/the best friend and her 2 children, in costume, while the younger daughter waited for AAA. The latter had thought the battery’d be ok in the morning, wasn’t, so had to get a new one, so we went & got the 6 year old who only had his costume or his underwear to wear home. It was kinda funny 😊 Wife & I gave him his choice. He chose to come home in his underwear. Boxer briefs look like exercise shorts anyway, lol 😂
Plans for the afternoon trip north nearly to Cedar Park for the anniversary celebration for CAS (Creative Arts Society) fell victim to a now thankfully more rare recurrence of gastric pain. I chose to stay home and wife & I walked on and off with gradually over several hours eased the pressure, but I was pretty worn out by evening.
I did get today’s post on updated older posts up, did update my Product pages on Amazon adding comments on items I have 1st hand experience with (both reg products, like women’s tops I’ve given Sheila, and art related materials), and began, as I call it, a reading-review of Notan, a book about visual design that goes way beyond simple lines and shapes, but about the experience of those elements. I should have that ready to go up for tomorrow (Tuesday, the 29th).
That latter project last night was what I couldn’t get myself to break away from & at least get the skeleton of this My Day Ahead post at least started ☺️
I’d read the forward a week or more ago and (thought) I’d gotten stuck there, but realized last night, reviewing the forward again, I was still processing the ideas, what the author calls experiencing the concepts. And I felt I really did feel that!
I got obsessed last night finding a sample image to reflect the opening concept from the forward I quoted, a successful one, lol! Plus, this morning, still dwelling on this, I thought of an image I really like but I always felt was just a tiny touch off, at least in terms of the black/white balance within the frame the canvas surface creates. So I need to add that to make the new Notan reading-review post be as good as my experience of it so far 😊
Yeah, it’s very good to be involved in creative concerns again 💕
Related Amazon Search & Products
You can also begin a new search from any image below 😊
My Purchase & Wish List On Amazon 😊
I do like to point out I pick my selections to showcase from my Amazon searches. May not always be the case, or wholly always the case, but for now, I prefer picking titles and book covers and gift items that just really appeal to me. There’s lots more to choose from, but only have so much room, lol! I hope you enjoy —
My Related Blog Posts
My Latest Blog Posts
- September 25, 2021 – Walking in Dappled Light Study 1, #Watercolor on Paper, CompletedNot much difference between the previous post’s study version and the completed version above. As you can tell, from the 2nd duo sets of contrasts below, all I did was soften the upper slanting line separating red and white on the lady’s back. But for me, it….
- September 24, 2021 – New Most Viewed Image For the Week @FineArtAmerica, Ridges of Spring Light, #watercolor, painted late 2019I’ve recently been including Ridges of Spring Light in several of my blog posts about dappled light and masking fluid, not because it was meant to “be” dappled light, or that I used masking fluid creating it, though it does have three distinct areas of canvas (coated with absorbent ground to accept watercolors). No, Ridges of Spring Light contains a sense of dappleness, often created with masking fluid, and I used that image here to illustrate the idea that a variable sense of light sometimes just comes about, even in an abstract.
- September 23, 2021 – Walking in Dappled Light Study 1, #Watercolor on Paper, Masking Fluid RemovedThere’s a lot I like about how this looks with the masking fluid gone (removed prev night and slept on the shock of seeing the changes, lol!) – which doesn’t mean though I’m not looking at what to try to improve how I feel about this work 😊 Initially, 1st impression, I was determined to restore & “correct” some of the changes —
- September 22, 2021 – Walking in Dappled Light Study 1, #Watercolor on Paper; 1st Paint Lay-in with Masking FluidAt 9×12 on 140lb x watercolor paper, I was able to use my brushes fairly effectively where I wanted them, and applied some Turner masking fluid (with a thin palette knife) “fairly” easy. And yes, some foot proportions are off a bit, lol, and her back blouse almost looks like it’s the front, but all in not too bad toward my primary priority – quickly achieve some degree of dappling look. Once the masking fluid comes off though, it could be very different….
- September 21, 2021 – Initial Review of “Breath: The New Science of a Lost Art” by James NestorI’d been doing a day to day posting of a continuing study-sketch project with figures in a watercolor landscape and ran into a time roadblock – grandchild, groceries, fitness (walking, yoga, Essentrics), picking up line art to practice-paint at my printer, etc 😊 and wasn’t able to wiggle any more time to work on that project and write about it, so… I took a deep breath and picked up a book (virtually, via my Kindle Reader, lol!) The editorial reviews often mentioned this read like a novel & my intro and beginning pages already confirm that.
- September 20, 2021 – Dappled Light, “Figures in a Landscape Study” Still Not Done, But, Already a Learning Tool For Me!“Learning Tool for Me” is part of my blog title today simply ’cause I’ve looking at this post as specifically geared to get me where I wanna go – keeping in mind my destination is a generalized abstraction of image / feeling / and intuitive aspiration (hopefully including figurative work) & it’s reached a point of development over my previous renditions that I now need to put my resolve into concrete, hopefully creative, useful thoughts for my future directions. Lot of contradictions. Like life. Like me 😊 Here goes (for now) —
- September 19, 2021 – Dappled Light, “Figures in a Landscape Study” ContinuedJust a quick post updating yesterday’s release showing what I’ve changed/added on to a watercolor on paper I’d 1st posted about on Sept 7th…A bigger factor in today’s image update is the addition of more “white”.
Thanks so much everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html