Last beautiful gorgeous sunny mild day for awhile today. After breakfast going to Central Market for a relatively short but important list of items – Cabot white cheddar for me, NY liverwurst for Sheila, organic Costa Rican coffee ❤️
Going down the street to Michaels again. Did find a well priced small mop brush worth trying online. Says they’ll have it at the store for pickup w/no deliver charge. I can do that – did I mention they had a coupon I could also use? 😊
Hope everyone has a great Sunday! 💕
Listening to Deuter (Lovesong from the Mountains, Sound of Invisible Waters – liking this more & more!, Escape from Gravity) 😊
It’s getting that My Yesterday in Pictures series is actually helping me remember what I honed in that particular day, and now here, I can gab about parts too long, or hadn’t thought of yet, to include in that post!
And today’s post (for yesterday, Saturday), with stuff about testing a new art projector, readying for a pic for a Creative Arts Society show, and yesterday’s evening moonlit walk 🌙 just got reblogged! Nice! Thanks so much to China at her site! 💕
(prepping pic for Creative Arts Society show)
I don’t normally have to do much to ready a painting for a showing, but this is an acrylic on paper (circa 1986), framed, under glass (in early 90s) that’d been in climate control storage for a decade, lol! I’d put off doing this til I knew I had to! Glass needed real scrubbing, and actually the whole frame (metal) needed undoing (first prying out the spring clips). The mat shows a bit of age, but no way I’m gonna be able to re-mat it now. Besides, when I matted it, I had a frame shop in Dobie Mall across from UT. It was fun picking out the exact shade of red and the inside green accent mat. Probably did it for about $10 worth of materials then (including the glass!) Now, to buy new glass, have two mats cut, probably $50-75! So, ie, no way! Someone, if anyone wants this “ancient” gem, will be offered a bargain I think 😊 $125.00! ❤️
And it’s strange, now that I’ve had it out and up and able to look at it fairly regularly for a couple of weeks now, how much I see in the image now. Intimations of figures and faces I had no idea of, consciously anyway, were in there. I do think there’s an echo of this 80s piece in some of earlier this year’s palette work I was working on before being derailed by surgeries (I’ll call it creative hibernation, lol!) – particularly Winged Horse in the Sky, and even In the Light, which I’m still working on!
The biggest difference I can see is, the latter work I did recognize patterns and felt compelled to either enhance the suggested image in my mind I saw (like Winged Horse…, or add the suggested image(s) I saw missing in the painting (In the Light & Birds & Boat in Paradise).
So this was early afternoon already yesterday! Sheila & I’d gone out late morning after a leisurely breakfast to Kohl’s and Michaels. At the 1st, I got a much needed new belt to better hold my pants up, lol! And at Michaels I continue my search for just the right “small” mop brush, 1/4” preferably. Who knew mop brushes came in round, lunar, and oval, lol! I just needed a small mop 😂
(testing new art projector)
My much awaited patience stretched thin, I finally got to unpack my new art projector and test it. It did turn on 😏 but, though I have a lightening adapter for my iPhone XR & iPad Pro, it only works w/thumb drives! Lesson learned? Maybe pay a bit more for the universal adapter next time! Maybe 😊
So ordered one (arriving today) & “played” with the projector a bit. As my Yesterday in Pictures post shows, color, for the color images, even without a darkened room, are fairly clear! And that’s on a textured sheetrock wall! I do have a new screen, but not gonna unpack it til I get the projector to work w/my phone.
Another thing I liked is, when the image is skewed (the sides of the image aren’t aligned parallel), the projector has a dial to turn to straighten it out! Nice!
So now I’m on wait for my new adapter to see if this whole idea of projecting my working image or photo BIG on a screen or wall will help me with my painting. I think it will…but I’ve thought a lot of things before 😊 For now I’ll stay reluctantly patient (my wife did enough verbal expression for both of us for my having to order another “gadget” to get this gadget to work ❤️)
(evening moonlit walk)
Not much to say, wonderful cool quiet evening to walk. Not always quiet, not always comfortable temp – this time yes 💕
Related Amazon Search & Products
My Art & Photography Materials, Supplies & Instructions Idea Page
You can also begin a new search from any image below 😊
I do like to point out I pick my selections to showcase from my Amazon searches. May not always be the case, or wholly always the case, but for now, I prefer picking titles and book covers and gift items that just really appeal to me. There’s lots more to choose from, but only have so much room, lol! I hope you enjoy —
My Purchase & Wish List On Amazon 😊
My Related Blog Posts
My Latest Blog Posts
- August 04, 2021 – The Resurgence of COVID-19There’s few times life or death issues are so widespread they not only engulf those close to us, but nearly everyone one hears about – this is one of those times…KVUE news, whose images I’m using for this post, has an article title, “‘The choice now becomes vaccination or ventilator.’ 230 unvaccinated people hospitalized for COVID-19 in Austin in 2 weeks, versus 47 vaccinated.”
- August 03, 2021 – Working a New 16×20 Acrylic, Working Title : Testing the Water, Refining the Figure, Developing the BackgroundI wanted to do more on this but things are happening re Covid, in my life. I’ll have more on this very soon – nothing w/me or family here in Austin (despite horrid #s lately), but nearby, also here in Texas. Wonderful how fluid and flexible art is, giving us challenges one day, inspiration on another, and solace even when needed.
- August 02, 2021 – Prepping a New 16×20 Acrylic, Working Title : Testing the Water, 1st Figure Lay-inI included my most recent updated image from a post a few days ago further below. Besides the figure work (not yet complete), you can see where I continued to rework the area around the figure, setting her off more completely.
- August 01, 2021 – Some Interruptions in Life are BlessingsJust back from an incredible trip to the Galapagos west of Ecuador, wife & I got the opportunity to have the youngest grandchild over. This is from our mid-morning walk in warm dappled light ❤️ I only wish I’d realized the value of this with our own children more fully…
- July 31, 2021 – Prepping a New 16×20 Acrylic, Working Title : Testing the WaterThe initial goal was to simply select and mark the area for my figure. Then I freely applied Golden’s light molding paste, leaving the selected area for my figure much more level, and forming the paste into potentially vegetative designs as inspiration and malleable ground meshed —
- July 30, 2021 – What a Difference a New Keyboard Makes : LENRICH iPad pro 12.9 case with keyboardThis is an older now discontinued keyboard, but one of the few still available for my IPad Pro 2nd generation model (current model is 5th generation I believe), but I’m impressed with it enough to post about it and (if all continues well) my renewed ease of use not having to use the onscreen keyboard for blog posts, emails etc – that’s a big deal for me, lol! 😊
- July 29, 2021 – Whew! Yesterday Was a Day of Plowing Through, lol!Above is a picture of me November 2019 (notice the weather is warm but hot, finally 😊) and I look just a bit worn out? I’d just climbed the 218 steps to top of Old Baldy near Wimberley Texas! That’s kinda how I felt yesterday, only without as nice a view, lol! I’ll just say that….
Thanks so much everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html