Last beautiful gorgeous sunny mild day for awhile today. After breakfast going to Central Market for a relatively short but important list of items – Cabot white cheddar for me, NY liverwurst for Sheila, organic Costa Rican coffee ❤️
Going down the street to Michaels again. Did find a well priced small mop brush worth trying online. Says they’ll have it at the store for pickup w/no deliver charge. I can do that – did I mention they had a coupon I could also use? 😊
Hope everyone has a great Sunday! 💕
Listening to Deuter (Lovesong from the Mountains, Sound of Invisible Waters – liking this more & more!, Escape from Gravity) 😊
It’s getting that My Yesterday in Pictures series is actually helping me remember what I honed in that particular day, and now here, I can gab about parts too long, or hadn’t thought of yet, to include in that post!
And today’s post (for yesterday, Saturday), with stuff about testing a new art projector, readying for a pic for a Creative Arts Society show, and yesterday’s evening moonlit walk 🌙 just got reblogged! Nice! Thanks so much to China at her site! 💕
(prepping pic for Creative Arts Society show)
I don’t normally have to do much to ready a painting for a showing, but this is an acrylic on paper (circa 1986), framed, under glass (in early 90s) that’d been in climate control storage for a decade, lol! I’d put off doing this til I knew I had to! Glass needed real scrubbing, and actually the whole frame (metal) needed undoing (first prying out the spring clips). The mat shows a bit of age, but no way I’m gonna be able to re-mat it now. Besides, when I matted it, I had a frame shop in Dobie Mall across from UT. It was fun picking out the exact shade of red and the inside green accent mat. Probably did it for about $10 worth of materials then (including the glass!) Now, to buy new glass, have two mats cut, probably $50-75! So, ie, no way! Someone, if anyone wants this “ancient” gem, will be offered a bargain I think 😊 $125.00! ❤️
And it’s strange, now that I’ve had it out and up and able to look at it fairly regularly for a couple of weeks now, how much I see in the image now. Intimations of figures and faces I had no idea of, consciously anyway, were in there. I do think there’s an echo of this 80s piece in some of earlier this year’s palette work I was working on before being derailed by surgeries (I’ll call it creative hibernation, lol!) – particularly Winged Horse in the Sky, and even In the Light, which I’m still working on!
The biggest difference I can see is, the latter work I did recognize patterns and felt compelled to either enhance the suggested image in my mind I saw (like Winged Horse…, or add the suggested image(s) I saw missing in the painting (In the Light & Birds & Boat in Paradise).
So this was early afternoon already yesterday! Sheila & I’d gone out late morning after a leisurely breakfast to Kohl’s and Michaels. At the 1st, I got a much needed new belt to better hold my pants up, lol! And at Michaels I continue my search for just the right “small” mop brush, 1/4” preferably. Who knew mop brushes came in round, lunar, and oval, lol! I just needed a small mop 😂
(testing new art projector)
My much awaited patience stretched thin, I finally got to unpack my new art projector and test it. It did turn on 😏 but, though I have a lightening adapter for my iPhone XR & iPad Pro, it only works w/thumb drives! Lesson learned? Maybe pay a bit more for the universal adapter next time! Maybe 😊
So ordered one (arriving today) & “played” with the projector a bit. As my Yesterday in Pictures post shows, color, for the color images, even without a darkened room, are fairly clear! And that’s on a textured sheetrock wall! I do have a new screen, but not gonna unpack it til I get the projector to work w/my phone.
Another thing I liked is, when the image is skewed (the sides of the image aren’t aligned parallel), the projector has a dial to turn to straighten it out! Nice!
So now I’m on wait for my new adapter to see if this whole idea of projecting my working image or photo BIG on a screen or wall will help me with my painting. I think it will…but I’ve thought a lot of things before 😊 For now I’ll stay reluctantly patient (my wife did enough verbal expression for both of us for my having to order another “gadget” to get this gadget to work ❤️)
(evening moonlit walk)
Not much to say, wonderful cool quiet evening to walk. Not always quiet, not always comfortable temp – this time yes 💕
Related Amazon Search & Products
My Art & Photography Materials, Supplies & Instructions Idea Page
You can also begin a new search from any image below 😊
I do like to point out I pick my selections to showcase from my Amazon searches. May not always be the case, or wholly always the case, but for now, I prefer picking titles and book covers and gift items that just really appeal to me. There’s lots more to choose from, but only have so much room, lol! I hope you enjoy —
My Purchase & Wish List On Amazon 😊
My Related Blog Posts
My Latest Blog Posts
- December 03, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Costa Rica Sunset Panorama” : circa 2017I almost skipped even posting about it, but at 4x the views of the nearest most viewed of my images, I needed to drag myself out of my whatever-it-is recent posting stagnation, lol!
- November 21, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Dispatcher” : circa 2011I thought Dispatcher had once already been one of my most viewed of my work on Fine Art America, but I guess not! 😊 It’s been a popular poem, and with the holidays upon us, a great choice as a print or coffee mug ☕️ 🇺🇸
- November 13, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Cypress Creek Mid Afternoon Mid October” : Circa 2019Very unusual to have so many photos from my collection of images at Fine Art America show up among my 12 most viewed images there at FAA, and for so many showing up for the 1st time….
- November 08, 2022 – The Mid-Term Elections 2022 : This is It! If the Elections Are Important to You…VOTE!!!If the elections are important to you – vote! 😊🇺🇸🙏
- November 06, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Arc de ( d’Nuit ) Triomphe Poster ” : Image Circa 2012, Poster 2017Once again one of my poster designs was my most viewed image from among my listings for prints and gifts on Fine Art America….
- October 30, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Volleyball Kill Poster” : circa 1994 ( writing ) / 2021 ( poster design )Another of my sayings / posters made it as my most viewed of my work on Fine Art America this past week, Volleyball Kill, which I wrote in the early 90s….
- October 24, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Danseur en Bleu” : circa 2022Quite an unexpected treat to see my newest painting, Danseur en Bleu, it’s 1st week on Fine Art America, be my most viewed of my images for the past week!
Thanks so much everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html