30 degrees this morning (36 in our old location near downtown w/all the ground cover, well, covered!). 30 and it feels better than mid-week in the 40s wet & windy. Should be a nice day. Heading to Central Market after breakfast. List of one item, Cabot (New England) white cheddar cheese, has grown to a page full, including an exotic olive oil 2 for 1 special Sheila found in their ad. Thankfully she’s cut out the picture or I’d never find it, lol! By this morning, lot of our fruit is either eaten up or low, small apples, an orange, bananas. The berries are still good 😊
I usually go to Central Market Sunday mornings, but Sheila wants to go to Bed Bath & Beyond, which is for me very conveniently next to Michaels. That’s when I can get my new experimental toy, a gloss varnish for a few paintings I want to test it on.
From there, we’ll aim to do our walks while the walking’ s good 💕
Happy weekend everyone! 😊
Listening to the quiet 😊 though last night did listen to, Sleep: Ambient Music Therapy (Sound Healing Center). Also very nice ❤️
Wore for 1st time ever a soft set of throw-away ear plugs to bed.
I’ve had a high frequency hearing loss (that I’ve known about) since when in the Air Force (they check everything!). That means I can hear sounds but not always tell what the words are. Has made for some interesting misinterpretations, lol! Actually has helped me develop a mental habit of transforming words I hear into silly things I might have heard 😂 Has come in handy with the 6 year old!
Anyway, I’ve often had trouble resting or sleeping due to sudden loud sounds or continuous repetitive annoying sounds that evidently few other people hear and even less are bothered about 😊
This has become much more a problem recently with the (for Austin) unusually damp weather and drip sounds from the down spouts, plus the heat runs differently than the AC in the summer, mainly from inside than outside, and that’s louder.
So anyway, I read some reviews and chose those in the link.
Videos on the Amazon product page also helped. Who knew there was a science to ear plugs, lol! The 2 minute video seemed particularly helpful, showing how to “roll” the ends of the plug and talk a bit about how it worked for this one guy. And in the 58 second video A lady shows the correct way to (using both hands) pull the ear to straighten the canal while inserting the plug.
Plus, I always thought the throw-away idea for plugs was a marketing gimmick. Turns out, due to wax build up and other issues, it’s generally better to use them a few days to a week, then trash them (recycle?)
Last night might’ve been a fluke, but I woke up refreshed enough I’m sure gonna try ‘em again tonight! Not a bad way to try aging gracefully! 😊
Note: pics of sunshine, fall foliage, and some of my art work (recent & circa 2005) and more, are in today’s My Yesterday in Pictures, Nov 15’19 – link also listed automatically, once posted, under my Category link —
Related Amazon Search & Products
I do like to point out I pick my selections to showcase from my Amazon searches. May not always be the case, or wholly always the case, but for now, I prefer picking titles and book covers and gift items that just really appeal to me. There’s lots more to choose from, but only have so much room, lol! I hope you enjoy —
My Purchase & Wish List On Amazon 😊
My Related Blog Posts
My Latest Blog Posts
- October 20, 2021 – Sold! At the Old Bakery and Emporium (across from the State Capital) Austin, Texas – Paris Dreams (Dreaming of Paris)I’m very grateful to my buyer at the Old Bakery & Emporium in Austin Texas! 🙏 With as few months as the Old Bakery’s been reopen, and all the precautions needed to be taken recently here in Austin, it’s a miracle to be able to share my art a this time 💕
- October 19, 2021 – Turning 71 Feels Like Turning on the Spigots!I’ve meandered around what to write for my birthday post this year, probably reflecting not exactly the chaos (though there’s enough of that, lol!) but the whirl of activity in my life right now – fitness activities, art – of all kind, family, and the stutteringly slow but certain shift from unbearable 6 month summer in Austin to, well, breathable walkable art-doable weather ❤️ Weatherman says the weekend days’ highs into my birthday (Tuesday) are the coolest temps since mid-April. That’s a very long time, lol! 😅
- October 18, 2021 – A Good Problem, Lots of Interesting Pics and Posts Developing in My Blog Pipeline! Part 3, 1st Completed Work of 5 – “Playtime, Mother and Child”I’m also breaking a bit of tradition in terms of my routine and going ahead and posting my completed image, not as good a resolution etc as I’d like (yet), and also not yet uploaded to Fine Art America. It’s simply a time choice. Paint and create. Or paint less but massage the photo capture & upload to FAA more. It’s not really a win-lose thing.
- October 17, 2021 – My Most Viewed Image For a 2nd Week @FineArtAmerica, Abstract Study 1, #watercolorThough I’ve had some of my images repeat a 2nd week or more, or return again after awhile to place top of my views for the week at Fine Art America, it’s still rare for an abstract of mine to do so. It’s sorta ironic for me, since I began painting in earnest in the 80s creating acrylic abstracts (after fooling around doing clouds and Dali-ish dripping clocks in my 20s 😊), and then….
- October 16, 2021 – My Idea for Promoting My WordPress Blog Posts on Twitter (Besides My Pinned Tweet), Part 2Knowing me, I doubt this’ll be my final tweet format I can use on Twitter to let folks see & know what my most recent blog posts are. I of course tweet the individual blog posts themselves out, often using them here in my posts. But I felt the need for a more inclusive, easy to change to keep up-to-date format and after some earlier incarnations, this tweet above may work for me for awhile, changing the screen shot of my current blogs as needed 😊
- October 15, 2021 – 2nd Time Out Sketching with Austin’s #UrbanSketchers Group! Still a Treat! #PeaseParkThough immensely more challenging this time around for October’s outting with Austin’s Urban Sketchers chapter (heat indexes near 100 – hopefully a forerunner to an expected cool front; traffic challenges due to Austin City Limits festival), and, not particularly enamored with my resultant efforts this time around — — it was so good to talk with other artists! Be out among so many folks and families, and, “try” my 2nd time out painting plein air since (I think) the early 2000s!
- October 14, 2021 – My Idea for Promoting My WordPress Blog Posts on Twitter (Besides My Pinned Tweet), Part 1I have my pinned tweet on my Twitter timeline of course, where I show images of my work on Fine Art America, with link to my site there of course, and, also list my blog site here on WordPress. But as you can tell above, the latter, my WordPress website, gets not that much focus. Though if you’d like to retweet it, please do, lol! 😊 So basically, I asked myself, how – beyond a 2 short lines in the text – can I better promote my WordPress site, along with my Fine Art America site?
Thanks so much everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html