30 degrees this morning (36 in our old location near downtown w/all the ground cover, well, covered!). 30 and it feels better than mid-week in the 40s wet & windy. Should be a nice day. Heading to Central Market after breakfast. List of one item, Cabot (New England) white cheddar cheese, has grown to a page full, including an exotic olive oil 2 for 1 special Sheila found in their ad. Thankfully she’s cut out the picture or I’d never find it, lol! By this morning, lot of our fruit is either eaten up or low, small apples, an orange, bananas. The berries are still good 😊
I usually go to Central Market Sunday mornings, but Sheila wants to go to Bed Bath & Beyond, which is for me very conveniently next to Michaels. That’s when I can get my new experimental toy, a gloss varnish for a few paintings I want to test it on.
From there, we’ll aim to do our walks while the walking’ s good 💕
Happy weekend everyone! 😊
Listening to the quiet 😊 though last night did listen to, Sleep: Ambient Music Therapy (Sound Healing Center). Also very nice ❤️
Wore for 1st time ever a soft set of throw-away ear plugs to bed.
I’ve had a high frequency hearing loss (that I’ve known about) since when in the Air Force (they check everything!). That means I can hear sounds but not always tell what the words are. Has made for some interesting misinterpretations, lol! Actually has helped me develop a mental habit of transforming words I hear into silly things I might have heard 😂 Has come in handy with the 6 year old!
Anyway, I’ve often had trouble resting or sleeping due to sudden loud sounds or continuous repetitive annoying sounds that evidently few other people hear and even less are bothered about 😊
This has become much more a problem recently with the (for Austin) unusually damp weather and drip sounds from the down spouts, plus the heat runs differently than the AC in the summer, mainly from inside than outside, and that’s louder.
So anyway, I read some reviews and chose those in the link.
Videos on the Amazon product page also helped. Who knew there was a science to ear plugs, lol! The 2 minute video seemed particularly helpful, showing how to “roll” the ends of the plug and talk a bit about how it worked for this one guy. And in the 58 second video A lady shows the correct way to (using both hands) pull the ear to straighten the canal while inserting the plug.
Plus, I always thought the throw-away idea for plugs was a marketing gimmick. Turns out, due to wax build up and other issues, it’s generally better to use them a few days to a week, then trash them (recycle?)
Last night might’ve been a fluke, but I woke up refreshed enough I’m sure gonna try ‘em again tonight! Not a bad way to try aging gracefully! 😊
Note: pics of sunshine, fall foliage, and some of my art work (recent & circa 2005) and more, are in today’s My Yesterday in Pictures, Nov 15’19 – link also listed automatically, once posted, under my Category link —
Related Amazon Search & Products
I do like to point out I pick my selections to showcase from my Amazon searches. May not always be the case, or wholly always the case, but for now, I prefer picking titles and book covers and gift items that just really appeal to me. There’s lots more to choose from, but only have so much room, lol! I hope you enjoy —
My Purchase & Wish List On Amazon 😊
My Related Blog Posts
My Latest Blog Posts
- Aging Through Covid-19, April 02, 2020With a skipped day in-between, both wife and I and the 7 year old were pretty ready for a little FaceTime together, lol! He tried on superhero costumes for us and we asked him if he could resume reading his graphic novel-comic, Dog Man, with us —
- Aging Through Covid-19, April 01, 2020Line to the register had the now familiar blue tape line social distancing markers for the mandate Austin put in weeks ago – back way back, early March, when SXSW was cancelled amid mixed (but now grateful) reviews. And, no one in line! Lucky us – by the time we were barely half way checked out we had 3+ people waiting behind us at the various blue strips of tape.
- Aging Through Covid-19, March 31, 2020My walking, which was beginning to suffer because of pain in my legs, esp at night, has been incredibly helped by some simple shin splits stretches. The hardest part is holding the stretch for 30 seconds, lol!
- Aging Through Covid-19, March 30, 2020Though generally healthy, but in the target age group for most vulnerable, Sheila and I had early on began practicing social distancing. We also ate well, better even. More veggies. More sleep – can’t tell you what a blessing that’s been for me, lol! 😊
- New SilverSneakers Exercise Streaming Opportunity on Facebook Monday 03.23.20 10:30 CSTI’m glad SilverSneakers has already added/scheduled a followup to this week’s initial live class stream – very much looking forward to it! 💕
- Update / Review : SilverSneakers Exercise Streaming Opportunity on Facebook Thursday 03.19.20Jenny, the instructor, carried all the energy and humor and relatedness that can only be found in a live class, and only surpassed by a live class of the same caliber teacher but with equally real time feedback to the participants in the class.
- SilverSneakers Exercise Streaming Opportunity on Facebook Thursday 03.19.20At a time when so many resources are being curtailed, and much needed other health resources are just beginning to be provided, it’s good, and very welcome, that such a solid standby for seniors as SilverSneakers is providing this.
Thanks so much everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html