30 degrees this morning (36 in our old location near downtown w/all the ground cover, well, covered!). 30 and it feels better than mid-week in the 40s wet & windy. Should be a nice day. Heading to Central Market after breakfast. List of one item, Cabot (New England) white cheddar cheese, has grown to a page full, including an exotic olive oil 2 for 1 special Sheila found in their ad. Thankfully she’s cut out the picture or I’d never find it, lol! By this morning, lot of our fruit is either eaten up or low, small apples, an orange, bananas. The berries are still good 😊
I usually go to Central Market Sunday mornings, but Sheila wants to go to Bed Bath & Beyond, which is for me very conveniently next to Michaels. That’s when I can get my new experimental toy, a gloss varnish for a few paintings I want to test it on.
From there, we’ll aim to do our walks while the walking’ s good 💕
Happy weekend everyone! 😊
Listening to the quiet 😊 though last night did listen to, Sleep: Ambient Music Therapy (Sound Healing Center). Also very nice ❤️
Wore for 1st time ever a soft set of throw-away ear plugs to bed.
I’ve had a high frequency hearing loss (that I’ve known about) since when in the Air Force (they check everything!). That means I can hear sounds but not always tell what the words are. Has made for some interesting misinterpretations, lol! Actually has helped me develop a mental habit of transforming words I hear into silly things I might have heard 😂 Has come in handy with the 6 year old!
Anyway, I’ve often had trouble resting or sleeping due to sudden loud sounds or continuous repetitive annoying sounds that evidently few other people hear and even less are bothered about 😊
This has become much more a problem recently with the (for Austin) unusually damp weather and drip sounds from the down spouts, plus the heat runs differently than the AC in the summer, mainly from inside than outside, and that’s louder.
So anyway, I read some reviews and chose those in the link.
Videos on the Amazon product page also helped. Who knew there was a science to ear plugs, lol! The 2 minute video seemed particularly helpful, showing how to “roll” the ends of the plug and talk a bit about how it worked for this one guy. And in the 58 second video A lady shows the correct way to (using both hands) pull the ear to straighten the canal while inserting the plug.
Plus, I always thought the throw-away idea for plugs was a marketing gimmick. Turns out, due to wax build up and other issues, it’s generally better to use them a few days to a week, then trash them (recycle?)
Last night might’ve been a fluke, but I woke up refreshed enough I’m sure gonna try ‘em again tonight! Not a bad way to try aging gracefully! 😊
Note: pics of sunshine, fall foliage, and some of my art work (recent & circa 2005) and more, are in today’s My Yesterday in Pictures, Nov 15’19 – link also listed automatically, once posted, under my Category link —
Related Amazon Search & Products
I do like to point out I pick my selections to showcase from my Amazon searches. May not always be the case, or wholly always the case, but for now, I prefer picking titles and book covers and gift items that just really appeal to me. There’s lots more to choose from, but only have so much room, lol! I hope you enjoy —
My Purchase & Wish List On Amazon 😊
My Related Blog Posts
My Latest Blog Posts
- Neuroscience Says Listening to This Song Reduces Anxiety by Up to 65 Percent | Inc.com by Melanie CurtinThe group that created "Weightless", Marconi Union, did so in collaboration with sound therapists. Its carefully arranged harmonies, rhythms, and bass lines help slow a listener's heart rate, reduce blood pressure and lower levels of the stress hormone cortisol.
- My Yesterday in Pictures for, Dec 13-14, 2019 😊My Yesterday in Pictures – Dec 13-14, 2019 – Trip to Houston: Christmas Lights, My Mom
- My Yesterday in Pictures for, Dec 12, 2019 😊My Yesterday in Pictures – Dec 12, 2019 – Grandchildren & grandparents ❤️ My artist process – old starts becoming new paintings 👩🎤
- Pursuit of Perfection in the Arts by David J. Rogers“The virtuoso performance is the single most exciting and popular feature not only of drama but of any art, and the most thrilling feature of a virtuoso performance is not the possibility that the artist may fail. Rather, it is the spectacle of succeeding in an extraordinary way…”
- My Yesterday in Pictures for, Dec 11, 2019 😊My Yesterday in Pictures – Dec 11, 2019 – Creativity: My artist process / comparison 2003 vs 2019 – is it that much different?
- My Yesterday in Pictures for, Dec 10, 2019 😊My Yesterday in Pictures – Dec 10, 2019 – Varnishing, glazing, and delivery two paintings to Buda Mercantile Co., Buda Tx 😊
- Glazing with Acrylics, Oils and Watercolors / Just Paint via Stacy Brock & Golden Artist ColorsThe word “glaze” can have a very slightly different meaning whether you are painting with oils, acrylics or watercolor. In all three media, a glaze is a translucent layer of color applied on top of a base of other colors or an underpainting.
Thanks so much everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html