30 degrees this morning (36 in our old location near downtown w/all the ground cover, well, covered!). 30 and it feels better than mid-week in the 40s wet & windy. Should be a nice day. Heading to Central Market after breakfast. List of one item, Cabot (New England) white cheddar cheese, has grown to a page full, including an exotic olive oil 2 for 1 special Sheila found in their ad. Thankfully she’s cut out the picture or I’d never find it, lol! By this morning, lot of our fruit is either eaten up or low, small apples, an orange, bananas. The berries are still good 😊
I usually go to Central Market Sunday mornings, but Sheila wants to go to Bed Bath & Beyond, which is for me very conveniently next to Michaels. That’s when I can get my new experimental toy, a gloss varnish for a few paintings I want to test it on.
From there, we’ll aim to do our walks while the walking’ s good 💕
Happy weekend everyone! 😊
Listening to the quiet 😊 though last night did listen to, Sleep: Ambient Music Therapy (Sound Healing Center). Also very nice ❤️
Wore for 1st time ever a soft set of throw-away ear plugs to bed.
I’ve had a high frequency hearing loss (that I’ve known about) since when in the Air Force (they check everything!). That means I can hear sounds but not always tell what the words are. Has made for some interesting misinterpretations, lol! Actually has helped me develop a mental habit of transforming words I hear into silly things I might have heard 😂 Has come in handy with the 6 year old!
Anyway, I’ve often had trouble resting or sleeping due to sudden loud sounds or continuous repetitive annoying sounds that evidently few other people hear and even less are bothered about 😊
This has become much more a problem recently with the (for Austin) unusually damp weather and drip sounds from the down spouts, plus the heat runs differently than the AC in the summer, mainly from inside than outside, and that’s louder.
So anyway, I read some reviews and chose those in the link.
Videos on the Amazon product page also helped. Who knew there was a science to ear plugs, lol! The 2 minute video seemed particularly helpful, showing how to “roll” the ends of the plug and talk a bit about how it worked for this one guy. And in the 58 second video A lady shows the correct way to (using both hands) pull the ear to straighten the canal while inserting the plug.
Plus, I always thought the throw-away idea for plugs was a marketing gimmick. Turns out, due to wax build up and other issues, it’s generally better to use them a few days to a week, then trash them (recycle?)
Last night might’ve been a fluke, but I woke up refreshed enough I’m sure gonna try ‘em again tonight! Not a bad way to try aging gracefully! 😊
Note: pics of sunshine, fall foliage, and some of my art work (recent & circa 2005) and more, are in today’s My Yesterday in Pictures, Nov 15’19 – link also listed automatically, once posted, under my Category link —
Related Amazon Search & Products
I do like to point out I pick my selections to showcase from my Amazon searches. May not always be the case, or wholly always the case, but for now, I prefer picking titles and book covers and gift items that just really appeal to me. There’s lots more to choose from, but only have so much room, lol! I hope you enjoy —
My Purchase & Wish List On Amazon 😊
My Related Blog Posts
My Latest Blog Posts
- September 19, 2020 – Turning 70 in One Month Yet Feeling Like 16 Still Stuck in Time – But, This Time I Get to Vote“I remember distinctly hearing this song many places many times through several years while in high school, but especially early on.“
- The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number II.3.4“… he felt his body resting upon the bed.”
- Aging Gracefully During Covid-19 : The Seasons – and Hopefully The Times – Are A Changin’“Doubts about whether 70 would actually be that major a marker for me, in terms of how hard and how far to push myself, held me back from developing thIs post though, until today!“
- The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number II.3.3“Crying for movement, his body ached for down time from the active stillness of painting.”
- Adan’s Fine Art America Images # 15 – Yoga Creativity and Awareness, Digital Art circa 2016“I’d very much begun to think ‘digital’ was the way for me to go by this time in early 2016, but I’d both begun to see my technical limitations and feel a growing reluctance within myself to….”
- The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number II.3.2“Arturo began to search for an emerging wholeness in the images.“
- Tweets That Caught My Eye on Twitter – Laurie @retsebez“Laurie’s tweets are something I’ve only recently found myself looking for more of….”
Thanks so much everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html