30 degrees this morning (36 in our old location near downtown w/all the ground cover, well, covered!). 30 and it feels better than mid-week in the 40s wet & windy. Should be a nice day. Heading to Central Market after breakfast. List of one item, Cabot (New England) white cheddar cheese, has grown to a page full, including an exotic olive oil 2 for 1 special Sheila found in their ad. Thankfully she’s cut out the picture or I’d never find it, lol! By this morning, lot of our fruit is either eaten up or low, small apples, an orange, bananas. The berries are still good 😊
I usually go to Central Market Sunday mornings, but Sheila wants to go to Bed Bath & Beyond, which is for me very conveniently next to Michaels. That’s when I can get my new experimental toy, a gloss varnish for a few paintings I want to test it on.
From there, we’ll aim to do our walks while the walking’ s good 💕
Happy weekend everyone! 😊
Listening to the quiet 😊 though last night did listen to, Sleep: Ambient Music Therapy (Sound Healing Center). Also very nice ❤️
Wore for 1st time ever a soft set of throw-away ear plugs to bed.
I’ve had a high frequency hearing loss (that I’ve known about) since when in the Air Force (they check everything!). That means I can hear sounds but not always tell what the words are. Has made for some interesting misinterpretations, lol! Actually has helped me develop a mental habit of transforming words I hear into silly things I might have heard 😂 Has come in handy with the 6 year old!
Anyway, I’ve often had trouble resting or sleeping due to sudden loud sounds or continuous repetitive annoying sounds that evidently few other people hear and even less are bothered about 😊
This has become much more a problem recently with the (for Austin) unusually damp weather and drip sounds from the down spouts, plus the heat runs differently than the AC in the summer, mainly from inside than outside, and that’s louder.
So anyway, I read some reviews and chose those in the link.
Videos on the Amazon product page also helped. Who knew there was a science to ear plugs, lol! The 2 minute video seemed particularly helpful, showing how to “roll” the ends of the plug and talk a bit about how it worked for this one guy. And in the 58 second video A lady shows the correct way to (using both hands) pull the ear to straighten the canal while inserting the plug.
Plus, I always thought the throw-away idea for plugs was a marketing gimmick. Turns out, due to wax build up and other issues, it’s generally better to use them a few days to a week, then trash them (recycle?)
Last night might’ve been a fluke, but I woke up refreshed enough I’m sure gonna try ‘em again tonight! Not a bad way to try aging gracefully! 😊
Note: pics of sunshine, fall foliage, and some of my art work (recent & circa 2005) and more, are in today’s My Yesterday in Pictures, Nov 15’19 – link also listed automatically, once posted, under my Category link —
Related Amazon Search & Products
I do like to point out I pick my selections to showcase from my Amazon searches. May not always be the case, or wholly always the case, but for now, I prefer picking titles and book covers and gift items that just really appeal to me. There’s lots more to choose from, but only have so much room, lol! I hope you enjoy —
My Purchase & Wish List On Amazon 😊
My Related Blog Posts
My Latest Blog Posts
- August 03, 2021 – Working a New 16×20 Acrylic, Working Title : Testing the Water, Refining the Figure, Developing the BackgroundI wanted to do more on this but things are happening re Covid, in my life. I’ll have more on this very soon – nothing w/me or family here in Austin (despite horrid #s lately), but nearby, also here in Texas. Wonderful how fluid and flexible art is, giving us challenges one day, inspiration on another, and solace even when needed.
- August 02, 2021 – Prepping a New 16×20 Acrylic, Working Title : Testing the Water, 1st Figure Lay-inI included my most recent updated image from a post a few days ago further below. Besides the figure work (not yet complete), you can see where I continued to rework the area around the figure, setting her off more completely.
- August 01, 2021 – Some Interruptions in Life are BlessingsJust back from an incredible trip to the Galapagos west of Ecuador, wife & I got the opportunity to have the youngest grandchild over. This is from our mid-morning walk in warm dappled light ❤️ I only wish I’d realized the value of this with our own children more fully…
- July 31, 2021 – Prepping a New 16×20 Acrylic, Working Title : Testing the WaterThe initial goal was to simply select and mark the area for my figure. Then I freely applied Golden’s light molding paste, leaving the selected area for my figure much more level, and forming the paste into potentially vegetative designs as inspiration and malleable ground meshed —
- July 30, 2021 – What a Difference a New Keyboard Makes : LENRICH iPad pro 12.9 case with keyboardThis is an older now discontinued keyboard, but one of the few still available for my IPad Pro 2nd generation model (current model is 5th generation I believe), but I’m impressed with it enough to post about it and (if all continues well) my renewed ease of use not having to use the onscreen keyboard for blog posts, emails etc – that’s a big deal for me, lol! 😊
- July 29, 2021 – Whew! Yesterday Was a Day of Plowing Through, lol!Above is a picture of me November 2019 (notice the weather is warm but hot, finally 😊) and I look just a bit worn out? I’d just climbed the 218 steps to top of Old Baldy near Wimberley Texas! That’s kinda how I felt yesterday, only without as nice a view, lol! I’ll just say that….
- July 28, 2021 – New 25×40 #Acrylic on Canvas In-Progress : Barton Springs Greenbelt Indian SummerA chore heat filled day where my keyboard evidently is deciding it’s had it, lol! Hopefully I finish this post 😊 Basically I started the groundwork for my newest painting, acrylic, wanting to settle on my composition before hand, unlike how I handled my just finished watercolor, same size, where I inserted my figure at the end.
Thanks so much everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html