My apologies for not having any “Day Ahead” post yesterday, just simply overwhelmed by chores needing doing, mostly online, health & bills related, that probably took longer than I expected, again simply because it was such an unusually gorgeous day. The sunshine called me out and I went – sorta – I walked, ‘bout same amt as usual, but more ambly and consciously soaking in the steps; sat out on the balcony taking care of those online chores (what do they know about taking advantage of great weather, lol!).
Today I may go out w/Sheila to a different seniors’ fitness center she’s recently started going back to and I haven’t been to for couple years now, WellMed. She’s been very keen as they say about one of their new strengthening classes and their instructor. Plus it’d make it easier to go to Cypress Grill for lunch w/an old friend we haven’t seen for a few months & see how my two 2000’s impressionist paintings look on the walls their 😊
By the time we get home it’ll be nearly mid-afternoon, which is what’d been happening for several days before yesterday, in a good way, but leaving less time for other things.
So I skipped yesterday’s Day Ahead. I think I “called” it ‘bout 3 and recognized it was just too late, and still had more to catch up on, and did get much done. No painting, but did 2nd coat varnish my 8×8 untitled moon painting. That was worth it 😊 And did come across a short nifty WebMD Tips post (vs one of their famous Quiz’s) on helping with having trouble going to sleep, which I was able to do a quick Reblog on.
Since I have a lot of yesterday, and my today, above, I’ll write up kinda what I was wanting to include in my Yesterday section of my post that didn’t happen. It’s a snippet of a conversation we had Sunday w/the 6 year old when we went by to see him after being gone a week on a trip ❤️
Listening to dogs barking and cars revving up to go to work. It’s still dark, but expecting more sunshine today before the chances of rain pick up again.
Conversation with the six year old 😊
Me: So how was your trip? A lot of fun?
Max: Yes it was. Except for waiting in line at the airport. That was very annoying.
Sheila: You have such a vocabulary, Max!
Me: Annoying, huh? You were annoyed? You don’t even know what that means.
Max: Yes, I do. It’s, it’s like, like, I didn’t like it.
Me: Oh. Well I would have used a different word, instead of annoying.
Max: Like what?
Me: Like, I was bothered.
Max: Humpft. Hmmm. What else?
Me: I was perturbed.
Max: What else?
Me: I was flustered.
Max: What else?
Me: What was confounded.
Max: What else?
(I was starting to realized this was not going to end, and I was running out of words w/out really reaching 😂)
Me: Hmm. I was confabulated.
Max: What else?
(I knew when I was beat, by Mr Infinity no less, and had to end this)
Me: I was controbolasted.
Max: That’s not a word!
I only regret I didn’t think of “chagrined” at the time. Sheila smiled. Yeah, he would’ve liked that one 😊 💕
Note: pics of yesterday’s sunshine, walking, and picture varnishing, are in today’s My Yesterday in Pictures, Nov 18’19 – link listed automatically once posted, under my Category link —
And a pic of Sheila & Max battling dinosaurs is here – My Yesterday in Pictures ❤️
Related Amazon Search & Products
My Art & Photography Materials, Supplies & Instructions Idea Page
You can also begin a new search from any image below 😊
I do like to point out I pick my selections to showcase from my Amazon searches. May not always be the case, or wholly always the case, but for now, I prefer picking titles and book covers and gift items that just really appeal to me. There’s lots more to choose from, but only have so much room, lol! I hope you enjoy —
My Purchase & Wish List On Amazon 😊
My Related Blog Posts
My Latest Blog Posts
- August 03, 2021 – Working a New 16×20 Acrylic, Working Title : Testing the Water, Refining the Figure, Developing the BackgroundI wanted to do more on this but things are happening re Covid, in my life. I’ll have more on this very soon – nothing w/me or family here in Austin (despite horrid #s lately), but nearby, also here in Texas. Wonderful how fluid and flexible art is, giving us challenges one day, inspiration on another, and solace even when needed.
- August 02, 2021 – Prepping a New 16×20 Acrylic, Working Title : Testing the Water, 1st Figure Lay-inI included my most recent updated image from a post a few days ago further below. Besides the figure work (not yet complete), you can see where I continued to rework the area around the figure, setting her off more completely.
- August 01, 2021 – Some Interruptions in Life are BlessingsJust back from an incredible trip to the Galapagos west of Ecuador, wife & I got the opportunity to have the youngest grandchild over. This is from our mid-morning walk in warm dappled light ❤️ I only wish I’d realized the value of this with our own children more fully…
- July 31, 2021 – Prepping a New 16×20 Acrylic, Working Title : Testing the WaterThe initial goal was to simply select and mark the area for my figure. Then I freely applied Golden’s light molding paste, leaving the selected area for my figure much more level, and forming the paste into potentially vegetative designs as inspiration and malleable ground meshed —
- July 30, 2021 – What a Difference a New Keyboard Makes : LENRICH iPad pro 12.9 case with keyboardThis is an older now discontinued keyboard, but one of the few still available for my IPad Pro 2nd generation model (current model is 5th generation I believe), but I’m impressed with it enough to post about it and (if all continues well) my renewed ease of use not having to use the onscreen keyboard for blog posts, emails etc – that’s a big deal for me, lol! 😊
- July 29, 2021 – Whew! Yesterday Was a Day of Plowing Through, lol!Above is a picture of me November 2019 (notice the weather is warm but hot, finally 😊) and I look just a bit worn out? I’d just climbed the 218 steps to top of Old Baldy near Wimberley Texas! That’s kinda how I felt yesterday, only without as nice a view, lol! I’ll just say that….
- July 28, 2021 – New 25×40 #Acrylic on Canvas In-Progress : Barton Springs Greenbelt Indian SummerA chore heat filled day where my keyboard evidently is deciding it’s had it, lol! Hopefully I finish this post 😊 Basically I started the groundwork for my newest painting, acrylic, wanting to settle on my composition before hand, unlike how I handled my just finished watercolor, same size, where I inserted my figure at the end.
Thanks so much everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html