My Yesterday in Pictures Format
I’ve simply built my daily walking & painting up to the point where I need the time for these two vital parts of keeping me healthy and/or sane, lol!
Plus, instead of having to work images into the My Day Ahead series posts, this new series will enable me to keep those as pure text, and supplement with images from a variety of possibilities here. It’s an experiment of course, so we’ll see 😊
A Very Full, Nicely Full Day ☀️
Still mildly cool, sky blue clear as the ocean from space, the slanting morning light caught depths of fall colors still hanging on, the end of the top reaching branches just beginning to thin 😊
Prepare Entries for Creative Arts Society Show at Path Salon
These are my 1st entries to this latest Creative Arts Society (CAS_ venue I have an opportunity to exhibit in. Path Salon is well regarded quality venue by members of CAS I’ve spoken with. Path’s web page shows an clean, open, welcoming modern location, and includes the motto: HAIR CRAFTED WITH LOVE. That sounds good to me!
The above painting, Autumn Friends, is an acrylic abstract of mine from the mid-80s, one of my fav’s I rediscovered when Sheila & I unpacked our decade long climate control storage facility ❤️ I’ll have more info on this work later along w/a better image, though this one does a nice job of conveying the texture & feel I think ☺️
Yellow Blooms Coral Accents above has been featured in a few of posts and is a gallery wrap 2019 8×8 oil. Small but beautiful ❤️
If these paintings get to show at Path Salon I’ll be sure and do a post about the delivery and my impression of the venue 😊
I had some truly great meatloaf and potatoes left overs while Sheila visited with the youngest girl for lunch, then ventured out under some interestingly shaped clouds. The winter scene near the path Max and I walked the other day is browning quickly, but still interesting, esp under the changing sky!
And of course, once on the trail itself, it all changes 💕
Afternoon Walk at Lady Bird Lake
This was my 1st return to Lady Bird Lake since early May before we moved much further south in Austin. Peak fall coverage had passed, but a few remnants still remained. It’s always iffy anyways, anywhere in Austin, if there’s really much fall foliage that actually shows up before the leaves decide they’ve had enough, lol! Fortunately we lived near the lake long enough I captured great colors many times over the last nearly 20 years, like these two works on Fine Art America (FAA) – Barton Springs, and, the Hike & Bike Trail, the latter being where I was, taking the picture above.
I also have several autumn paintings posted on FAA, including three in this autumn collection. And finally several posts here on my site under the tag Austin Autumn – https://felipeadanlerma.com/tag/austin-autumn/ 😊
I miss the ease of going to Lady Bird Lake now of course, but I’m really enjoying discovering all the new places further south I’ve only barely seen or not at all yet, like Wimberley and Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center ❤️
And yet, leaving the Hike and Bike Trail along Lady Bird Lake, the clouds shifted, the sun had angled and now, it sparkled the foliage casting their shadows, well, differently. The decades old railroad trestle, an old friend in my photos, even my paintings, appeared like a lost memory. And I liked what I saw!
I guess that’s one nice thing ‘bout living in one area a long time 💕
My Day Ahead series posts elaborate on both my day ahead & the day past, my yesterday.
My Day Ahead for Tuesday, Nov 26th, posts well after this post, and may carry a bit more commentary about the images above. It’ll also automatically show up via the link above when posted – thanks everyone!
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products For This Post
You can also begin a new search from any image below 😊
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- January 15, 2021 – Placing a Few More WordAds in My Posts, For NowJust a quick post to let folks know I’ll have a few more WordAds in my posts. I’ve had one or so at or near the bottom of my posts, now I’ll also have one or more in the sidebar.
- The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number III.17.2“Arturo had arrived along this stretch of the Mediterranean with Rosetta less than a year ago….”
- January 14, 2021 – Grande Roue de Paris Night, Photography circa 2012, Adan’s PhotoPoemsGrande Roue de Paris Night, Photography – Adan’s PhotoPoems, “Reaching into the heights of night….”
- The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number III.17.1“Freshly bathed and dressed in the deep blues of the ocean night nearby, Arturo entered the main ballroom reserved for art shows, weddings, graduations, conventions, and political gatherings. Almost anything anyone could pay or trade for.”
- January 13, 2021 – Monet’s Garden April Rain in Giverny, Photo to Oil to Watercolors through Three Decades, Part 5 – (Non-Professional) Challenges Photographing Painting NuancesYesterday I posted a couple of my watercolor renditions of my mini-Monet’s Garden series of posts, but was immediately unhappy with how one of the two appeared on screen.
- The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number III.16.2“At the entrance to the grande fortress hotel, set from the beach to midway up the rough hill facing the ocean….”
- January 12, 2021 – Monet’s Garden April Rain in Giverny, Photo to Oil to Watercolors through Three Decades, Part 4 – Learning Lessons Doing Repetition VariationsPreviously, in Part 3 of this mini series, I showcased my 1st watercolor (seen below) keyed off an original oil of 2001, itself keyed off an original photo of the same year.
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
Thanks everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html