My Yesterday in Pictures Format
I’ve simply built my daily walking & painting up to the point where I need the time for these two vital parts of keeping me healthy and/or sane, lol!
Plus, instead of having to work images into the My Day Ahead series posts, this new series will enable me to keep those as pure text, and supplement with images from a variety of possibilities here. It’s an experiment of course, so we’ll see 😊
A Very Full, Nicely Full Day ☀️
Still mildly cool, sky blue clear as the ocean from space, the slanting morning light caught depths of fall colors still hanging on, the end of the top reaching branches just beginning to thin 😊
Prepare Entries for Creative Arts Society Show at Path Salon
These are my 1st entries to this latest Creative Arts Society (CAS_ venue I have an opportunity to exhibit in. Path Salon is well regarded quality venue by members of CAS I’ve spoken with. Path’s web page shows an clean, open, welcoming modern location, and includes the motto: HAIR CRAFTED WITH LOVE. That sounds good to me!
The above painting, Autumn Friends, is an acrylic abstract of mine from the mid-80s, one of my fav’s I rediscovered when Sheila & I unpacked our decade long climate control storage facility ❤️ I’ll have more info on this work later along w/a better image, though this one does a nice job of conveying the texture & feel I think ☺️
Yellow Blooms Coral Accents above has been featured in a few of posts and is a gallery wrap 2019 8×8 oil. Small but beautiful ❤️
If these paintings get to show at Path Salon I’ll be sure and do a post about the delivery and my impression of the venue 😊
I had some truly great meatloaf and potatoes left overs while Sheila visited with the youngest girl for lunch, then ventured out under some interestingly shaped clouds. The winter scene near the path Max and I walked the other day is browning quickly, but still interesting, esp under the changing sky!
And of course, once on the trail itself, it all changes 💕
Afternoon Walk at Lady Bird Lake
This was my 1st return to Lady Bird Lake since early May before we moved much further south in Austin. Peak fall coverage had passed, but a few remnants still remained. It’s always iffy anyways, anywhere in Austin, if there’s really much fall foliage that actually shows up before the leaves decide they’ve had enough, lol! Fortunately we lived near the lake long enough I captured great colors many times over the last nearly 20 years, like these two works on Fine Art America (FAA) – Barton Springs, and, the Hike & Bike Trail, the latter being where I was, taking the picture above.
I also have several autumn paintings posted on FAA, including three in this autumn collection. And finally several posts here on my site under the tag Austin Autumn – https://felipeadanlerma.com/tag/austin-autumn/ 😊
I miss the ease of going to Lady Bird Lake now of course, but I’m really enjoying discovering all the new places further south I’ve only barely seen or not at all yet, like Wimberley and Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center ❤️
And yet, leaving the Hike and Bike Trail along Lady Bird Lake, the clouds shifted, the sun had angled and now, it sparkled the foliage casting their shadows, well, differently. The decades old railroad trestle, an old friend in my photos, even my paintings, appeared like a lost memory. And I liked what I saw!
I guess that’s one nice thing ‘bout living in one area a long time 💕
My Day Ahead series posts elaborate on both my day ahead & the day past, my yesterday.
My Day Ahead for Tuesday, Nov 26th, posts well after this post, and may carry a bit more commentary about the images above. It’ll also automatically show up via the link above when posted – thanks everyone!
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products For This Post
You can also begin a new search from any image below 😊
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- Aging Through Covid-19, April 05, 2020Sunday morning at home during Covid-19 Didn’t realize what day it was til Sheila made our usual Sunday morning omelette breakfast, lol! Used to be I had to remind myself to take it easy, relax for once, though only after going for the Sunday paper, at least one grocery store, then gas for the car. And that was a relief and break from taking or picking up art from a show or art venue, multiple grocery stores per week to catch the best sales, or particular items each specializes in we “gotta have” 😊
- Aging Through Covid-19, April 04, 2020Typically, most lists include 3 types of stretching (other more!) and up til recently I usually started my morning with light dynamic stretches (overheads, etc). But the last few mornings I’ve switched to static held stretches, more commonly used to cool down from a vigorous session or walk. I’ve needed that!
- Aging Through Covid-19, April 03, 2020Hi everyone! Further below I finally got the time to take a quick pic of some new 6×6 watercolor work I’m doing I’m liking very much, especially in terms of establishing a new direction.
- Aging Through Covid-19, April 02, 2020With a skipped day in-between, both wife and I and the 7 year old were pretty ready for a little FaceTime together, lol! He tried on superhero costumes for us and we asked him if he could resume reading his graphic novel-comic, Dog Man, with us —
- Aging Through Covid-19, April 01, 2020Line to the register had the now familiar blue tape line social distancing markers for the mandate Austin put in weeks ago – back way back, early March, when SXSW was cancelled amid mixed (but now grateful) reviews. And, no one in line! Lucky us – by the time we were barely half way checked out we had 3+ people waiting behind us at the various blue strips of tape.
- Aging Through Covid-19, March 31, 2020My walking, which was beginning to suffer because of pain in my legs, esp at night, has been incredibly helped by some simple shin splits stretches. The hardest part is holding the stretch for 30 seconds, lol!
- Aging Through Covid-19, March 30, 2020Though generally healthy, but in the target age group for most vulnerable, Sheila and I had early on began practicing social distancing. We also ate well, better even. More veggies. More sleep – can’t tell you what a blessing that’s been for me, lol! 😊
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
Thanks everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html