My Yesterday in Pictures Format
I’ve simply built my daily walking & painting up to the point where I need the time for these two vital parts of keeping me healthy and/or sane, lol!
My Day Ahead series posts will continue, but on a much more intermittent basis. Already it seems some of that series’ usefulness is being incorporated into this new series’ format, me yakking ‘bout what when on, on the yesterday part of my life anyway, lol! It’s a continuing experiment of course, so we’ll see 😊
Our 1st Art Show Booth in Decades ❤️
So it all began innocently enough, lol! Sheila & I’d been to Donn’s Depot for various functions, esp their Christmas Bazaars since our youngest girl (lately w/some of her friends) shows their promoting her children’s illustrated book she wrote, helped design, and crowd-funded into print! ❤️ This is the back door / delivery misc entrance above 😊
It’s been probably around a couple of decades since Sheila and I have set up an actual booth and sold my art and our gift writings directly to the public, but the scene brought back instant memories. Though now I do remember we did an art show at the Javits Center in New York mid 2000s. So a decade ago and before that nearly another decade! I guess seeing the scene today, the day after the Bazaar, brought back some slower-than-instant memories too, lol! 😊
Setting up for a show, at least for me, is a contemplative experience. Second and 3rd guessing my image/product choices; knowing which had done well before, but would they here also? Hoping I hadn’t brought too many originals. Afraid I’d brought the wrong ones. 😊
Even the band stage sits quietly still, but if you’re familiar with stages, theater or music or dance, I can often feel the silent vibration of both anticipation, and the past. Memories and “gearing” up to perform are, I think, inseparable to good performances 💕
We’d arrived about an hour before opening, and at quarter til movement and emptied glasses and spaces filled with inventory began to make the show take shape. It looked and felt good. I could tell it’d be fun even if nothing sold. Well. Not as much fun, but we knew we’d enjoy the music and din and laughter. Lots of families and little ones come to these type of shows. Different, very different from conventions and giant halls. Donn’s Depot is a fun family true Austin honky tonk, and it showed.
I’d done my usual hasty signage. Being a one-time show for us (for the year) I’d brought a mix of regular and overstock items and priced everything, including my 3 originals, accordingly. I wanted to sell, but I also wanted to move inventory 😊
Update 12.11.19 – the three small paintings above sold at the show ❤️
By 1pm, doors open, people spilled in and began moving around. Sheila’s smiling coming back from our youngest girl’s booth (behind Sheila in the red t-shirt, she must have read my WebMD’s reblog about the effect of color, lol!l) Kids are always the 1st to dance, and if they’re lucky, like these two girls, someone’s ready & willing to dance with them ❤️
And here’s my 1st shot of the band, Frank Cavitt and the Honky-Tonk Doctors. Rockers, country band, crooners, and masterful musicians. They’re always a super dependable band to look forward to each year at Donn’s Depot! 🎶
I have a very short video clip of them playing further below 😊
It’s busy enough now there’s little time to grab a shot or two to share. That’s good 😊
Inexhaustible, until they konk, lol! – the little ones are always in swing! Sometimes on Santa’s lap, more often on the dance floor 💕
Sheila and I took turns walking, a huge benefit of both of us being there (besides the good company of course 😊). This is the front view of Donn’s Depot. You can literally see a little of it’s history, rail cars to it’s side (and at the back too!)
Down the street (to make a one block loop for our walking route) is another Austin classic, El Arroyo. These two spots down the street from each other give you just a small idea of what made Austin a mecca for musicians, young folk, and free spirits w/good hearts. Truly. ❤️
This very short clips features Frank singing one of my favorite Willie songs, Poncho and Lefty.
And I’ll wrap with a final image of the band. There’s a lot of things that make Donn’s Depot Christmas Bazaar great – the quality and variety of gifts from artist and craftsmen, the drinks and food, the people, the ambience of authentic Austin history, and of course, the music ❤️
Just a side note, but a good one one 😊 Sheila and I did sell a few things, including my 3 small originals 💕
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products For This Post
You can also begin a new search from any image below 😊
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- Aging Through Covid-19, March 31, 2020My walking, which was beginning to suffer because of pain in my legs, esp at night, has been incredibly helped by some simple shin splits stretches. The hardest part is holding the stretch for 30 seconds, lol!
- Aging Through Covid-19, March 30, 2020Though generally healthy, but in the target age group for most vulnerable, Sheila and I had early on began practicing social distancing. We also ate well, better even. More veggies. More sleep – can’t tell you what a blessing that’s been for me, lol! 😊
- New SilverSneakers Exercise Streaming Opportunity on Facebook Monday 03.23.20 10:30 CSTI’m glad SilverSneakers has already added/scheduled a followup to this week’s initial live class stream – very much looking forward to it! 💕
- Update / Review : SilverSneakers Exercise Streaming Opportunity on Facebook Thursday 03.19.20Jenny, the instructor, carried all the energy and humor and relatedness that can only be found in a live class, and only surpassed by a live class of the same caliber teacher but with equally real time feedback to the participants in the class.
- SilverSneakers Exercise Streaming Opportunity on Facebook Thursday 03.19.20At a time when so many resources are being curtailed, and much needed other health resources are just beginning to be provided, it’s good, and very welcome, that such a solid standby for seniors as SilverSneakers is providing this.
- Flowering at Dawn – New Watercolor with Absorbent Ground Painting Progress Update 03.13.20 Plus Thoughts on the Virus Crisis 😊Having interests, passions even, one can pursue, and let’s say pursue relatively easily, is important for everyone, but especially, I think, for young children and for older adults. I’ll let each person decide what an older adult, or a young child, lol, is, age-wise 💕
- Adan’s Fine Art America Images # 12 – Snow Waterfront Park Walk, Digital Art Photography circa 2016From archival prints to yoga mats and coffee mugs, see it all here – Snow Waterfront Park Walk ©Felipe Adan Lerma https://felipeadan-lerma.pixels.com/featured/snow-waterfront-park-walk-felipe-adan-lerma.html
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
Thanks everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html