My Yesterday in Pictures Format
I’ve simply built my daily walking & painting up to the point where I need the time for these two vital parts of keeping me healthy and/or sane, lol!
My Day Ahead series posts will continue, but on a much more intermittent basis. Already it seems some of that series’ usefulness is being incorporated into this new series’ format, me yakking ‘bout what when on, on the yesterday part of my life anyway, lol! It’s a continuing experiment of course, so we’ll see 😊
Our 1st Art Show Booth in Decades ❤️
So it all began innocently enough, lol! Sheila & I’d been to Donn’s Depot for various functions, esp their Christmas Bazaars since our youngest girl (lately w/some of her friends) shows their promoting her children’s illustrated book she wrote, helped design, and crowd-funded into print! ❤️ This is the back door / delivery misc entrance above 😊
It’s been probably around a couple of decades since Sheila and I have set up an actual booth and sold my art and our gift writings directly to the public, but the scene brought back instant memories. Though now I do remember we did an art show at the Javits Center in New York mid 2000s. So a decade ago and before that nearly another decade! I guess seeing the scene today, the day after the Bazaar, brought back some slower-than-instant memories too, lol! 😊
Setting up for a show, at least for me, is a contemplative experience. Second and 3rd guessing my image/product choices; knowing which had done well before, but would they here also? Hoping I hadn’t brought too many originals. Afraid I’d brought the wrong ones. 😊
Even the band stage sits quietly still, but if you’re familiar with stages, theater or music or dance, I can often feel the silent vibration of both anticipation, and the past. Memories and “gearing” up to perform are, I think, inseparable to good performances 💕
We’d arrived about an hour before opening, and at quarter til movement and emptied glasses and spaces filled with inventory began to make the show take shape. It looked and felt good. I could tell it’d be fun even if nothing sold. Well. Not as much fun, but we knew we’d enjoy the music and din and laughter. Lots of families and little ones come to these type of shows. Different, very different from conventions and giant halls. Donn’s Depot is a fun family true Austin honky tonk, and it showed.
I’d done my usual hasty signage. Being a one-time show for us (for the year) I’d brought a mix of regular and overstock items and priced everything, including my 3 originals, accordingly. I wanted to sell, but I also wanted to move inventory 😊
Update 12.11.19 – the three small paintings above sold at the show ❤️
By 1pm, doors open, people spilled in and began moving around. Sheila’s smiling coming back from our youngest girl’s booth (behind Sheila in the red t-shirt, she must have read my WebMD’s reblog about the effect of color, lol!l) Kids are always the 1st to dance, and if they’re lucky, like these two girls, someone’s ready & willing to dance with them ❤️
And here’s my 1st shot of the band, Frank Cavitt and the Honky-Tonk Doctors. Rockers, country band, crooners, and masterful musicians. They’re always a super dependable band to look forward to each year at Donn’s Depot! 🎶
I have a very short video clip of them playing further below 😊
It’s busy enough now there’s little time to grab a shot or two to share. That’s good 😊
Inexhaustible, until they konk, lol! – the little ones are always in swing! Sometimes on Santa’s lap, more often on the dance floor 💕
Sheila and I took turns walking, a huge benefit of both of us being there (besides the good company of course 😊). This is the front view of Donn’s Depot. You can literally see a little of it’s history, rail cars to it’s side (and at the back too!)
Down the street (to make a one block loop for our walking route) is another Austin classic, El Arroyo. These two spots down the street from each other give you just a small idea of what made Austin a mecca for musicians, young folk, and free spirits w/good hearts. Truly. ❤️
This very short clips features Frank singing one of my favorite Willie songs, Poncho and Lefty.
And I’ll wrap with a final image of the band. There’s a lot of things that make Donn’s Depot Christmas Bazaar great – the quality and variety of gifts from artist and craftsmen, the drinks and food, the people, the ambience of authentic Austin history, and of course, the music ❤️
Just a side note, but a good one one 😊 Sheila and I did sell a few things, including my 3 small originals 💕
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products For This Post
You can also begin a new search from any image below 😊
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- April 11, 2021 – Poetry Titles and Covers That Caught my Eye on AmazonI was tweeting some poetry titles I’d found & liked on Amazon and thought, a short tweet string of some of these might be interesting….
- April 10, 2021 – Interesting Tweets This WeekBelow are random tweets I liked for some reason – uplifting, funny, inspiring, informative, hopeful, pretty..something good or encouraging at the least 😊
- April 09, 2021 – Volleyball Blocker Poster, My Newest #Sports Gift Upload @FineArtAmericaQuick post to let folks know the 3rd of my seven Volleyball theme posters, Volleyball Blocker, is now available on Fine Art America as both prints and gift items!
- April 09, 2021 – Reading “How to Paint Like Turner” – Stirring Vestiges Inside Me I’d Almost Forgotten or Thrown AwayI bought this book because it has good reviews re seeing “how” JMW Turner evolved – his whole artistic life it appears – as an artist absorbed in the creative process.
- April 08, 2021 – Volleyball Poster, My Newest #Sports Gift Upload @FineArtAmericaAfter only having Volleyball Setter Poster available for a long time, I’ve finally begun uploading my full Volleyball sports poetry series, beginning with Volleyball Poster, onto Fine Art America! Additional Volleyball titles….
- April 07, 2021 – Volleyball Setter Poster 2 : Poetry, Line Art and Digital WashIt had to happen, lol! I had to finally apply my new line art with wash coloring style to one of my writings and I figured, well, my volleyball poem series has about seven titles, so they’d be a good one to create alternative choice imaging for! 😊
- April 06, 2021 – My Most Viewed Image This Week @FineArtAmerica, Inspiring Gift Writing, “Radiology Technologist”Radiology Technologist is my newest “most viewed” for a one week period at Fine Art America! 😊
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
Thanks everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html