Little Steps Poster ©Felipe Adan Lerma
FaceTime with the grandson 😊
With a skipped day in-between, both wife and I and the 7 year old were pretty ready for a little FaceTime together, lol! He tried on superhero costumes for us and we asked him if he could resume reading his graphic novel-comic, Dog Man, with us —
me: pick up where you left off last time; do you remember where that was?
max: (pages shuffling) yes (eyes lit up)
Sheila: can you read it to us?
max: (more page shuffling, drops book, iPad screen tilts to ceiling) uh….
me: that’s ok, we can read it
max: (big smile) ok (finds page he wants, repositions iPad, shows us the next illustrated page to read out)
And so it went, to a surprising funny conclusion of that chapter 😊 He somehow gets a kick out of one of us, or both wife & I, reading the comic out loud to him. Sheila esp gets quite animated in some scenes, lol! I like it too!
We used to, if we hadn’t seen him awhile, and probably weren’t going to for awhile more longer, have like an hour long play-chat with him via FaceTime. That won’t work now, too exhausting for wife & I 😂 But shorter video visits, with promises and assurances of another revisit “very soon” – yeah, that might work.
It’s obvious assumed hopefulness is Max’s usual disposition. It feeds us a living reminder of ourselves I think, whose assumption of hopefulness is chipped away by so much uncertainty.
Uncertainty of course, is a fact of life. Preparing for those uncertainties, much acting on a new unfolding reality, doesn’t have to be.
Countries and peoples, so far away I only see them as an abstracted sketch of ourselves and lives here in our country, have evidently forged through the beginning wave or curve of this virus crisis.
And I say evidently only because there is still so much unknown, and unsolved, ie, treatments, vaccines.
But these fellow human beings on our one planet show it can be done, even if we modify the method, but keep the essentials – testing, social distance, preparation and acting on it.
I thank them for their example, as I am sure we have been an example to many with our democracy 🙏
And I thank the angels this pandemic has happened in a time where at least, for a few minutes, we can see and almost touch each other across the ether 💕
Tomorrow I hope to post a few pics of most recent small paintings ❤️
Til then, stay well everyone!
Series link – Aging Through Covid-19
Suggested link, Google search results about how South Korea, Japan and others in Asia have fared with Covid-19 – https://www.google.com/search?client=safari&hl=en-us&sxsrf=ALeKk02GsoOTLjhUxx4aOLfrkG1F4Tio5Q%3A1585843443708&ei=8wyGXpXgKszQsAX1yZoo&q=overcoming+coronavirus+in+hong+kong+and+south+korea&oq=overcoming+coronavirus+in+hong+kong+and+south+korea&gs_lcp=CgZwc3ktYWIQAzIFCCEQqwIyBQghEKsCMgUIIRCrAjoECCMQJzoFCCEQoAFQ7j1Y3M0BYK_QAWgCcAB4AIABwAGIAbwdkgEENi4yN5gBAKABAaoBB2d3cy13aXo&sclient=psy-ab&ved=0ahUKEwjVpYaZj8roAhVMKKwKHfWkBgUQ4dUDCAo&uact=5 .
Do you have good, positive, useful or encouraging info to share? Please post in the moderated comments below 😊
Note: Each time I post while doing this series (may it be a short series, but if so, for positive reasons 😊), I’ll post one or more links to posts I feel are worth seeing or reading. Some will be COVID-19 specific, some just uplifting, some encouraging via exercise or nutrition etc, but all within the rubric of what we’re all facing tougher ❤️
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- April 11, 2021 – Poetry Titles and Covers That Caught my Eye on AmazonI was tweeting some poetry titles I’d found & liked on Amazon and thought, a short tweet string of some of these might be interesting….
- April 10, 2021 – Interesting Tweets This WeekBelow are random tweets I liked for some reason – uplifting, funny, inspiring, informative, hopeful, pretty..something good or encouraging at the least 😊
- April 09, 2021 – Volleyball Blocker Poster, My Newest #Sports Gift Upload @FineArtAmericaQuick post to let folks know the 3rd of my seven Volleyball theme posters, Volleyball Blocker, is now available on Fine Art America as both prints and gift items!
- April 09, 2021 – Reading “How to Paint Like Turner” – Stirring Vestiges Inside Me I’d Almost Forgotten or Thrown AwayI bought this book because it has good reviews re seeing “how” JMW Turner evolved – his whole artistic life it appears – as an artist absorbed in the creative process.
- April 08, 2021 – Volleyball Poster, My Newest #Sports Gift Upload @FineArtAmericaAfter only having Volleyball Setter Poster available for a long time, I’ve finally begun uploading my full Volleyball sports poetry series, beginning with Volleyball Poster, onto Fine Art America! Additional Volleyball titles….
- April 07, 2021 – Volleyball Setter Poster 2 : Poetry, Line Art and Digital WashIt had to happen, lol! I had to finally apply my new line art with wash coloring style to one of my writings and I figured, well, my volleyball poem series has about seven titles, so they’d be a good one to create alternative choice imaging for! 😊
- April 06, 2021 – My Most Viewed Image This Week @FineArtAmerica, Inspiring Gift Writing, “Radiology Technologist”Radiology Technologist is my newest “most viewed” for a one week period at Fine Art America! 😊
Thanks again, everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html