Little Steps Poster ©Felipe Adan Lerma
FaceTime with the grandson 😊
With a skipped day in-between, both wife and I and the 7 year old were pretty ready for a little FaceTime together, lol! He tried on superhero costumes for us and we asked him if he could resume reading his graphic novel-comic, Dog Man, with us —
me: pick up where you left off last time; do you remember where that was?
max: (pages shuffling) yes (eyes lit up)
Sheila: can you read it to us?
max: (more page shuffling, drops book, iPad screen tilts to ceiling) uh….
me: that’s ok, we can read it
max: (big smile) ok (finds page he wants, repositions iPad, shows us the next illustrated page to read out)
And so it went, to a surprising funny conclusion of that chapter 😊 He somehow gets a kick out of one of us, or both wife & I, reading the comic out loud to him. Sheila esp gets quite animated in some scenes, lol! I like it too!
We used to, if we hadn’t seen him awhile, and probably weren’t going to for awhile more longer, have like an hour long play-chat with him via FaceTime. That won’t work now, too exhausting for wife & I 😂 But shorter video visits, with promises and assurances of another revisit “very soon” – yeah, that might work.
It’s obvious assumed hopefulness is Max’s usual disposition. It feeds us a living reminder of ourselves I think, whose assumption of hopefulness is chipped away by so much uncertainty.
Uncertainty of course, is a fact of life. Preparing for those uncertainties, much acting on a new unfolding reality, doesn’t have to be.
Countries and peoples, so far away I only see them as an abstracted sketch of ourselves and lives here in our country, have evidently forged through the beginning wave or curve of this virus crisis.
And I say evidently only because there is still so much unknown, and unsolved, ie, treatments, vaccines.
But these fellow human beings on our one planet show it can be done, even if we modify the method, but keep the essentials – testing, social distance, preparation and acting on it.
I thank them for their example, as I am sure we have been an example to many with our democracy 🙏
And I thank the angels this pandemic has happened in a time where at least, for a few minutes, we can see and almost touch each other across the ether 💕
Tomorrow I hope to post a few pics of most recent small paintings ❤️
Til then, stay well everyone!
Series link – Aging Through Covid-19
Suggested link, Google search results about how South Korea, Japan and others in Asia have fared with Covid-19 – https://www.google.com/search?client=safari&hl=en-us&sxsrf=ALeKk02GsoOTLjhUxx4aOLfrkG1F4Tio5Q%3A1585843443708&ei=8wyGXpXgKszQsAX1yZoo&q=overcoming+coronavirus+in+hong+kong+and+south+korea&oq=overcoming+coronavirus+in+hong+kong+and+south+korea&gs_lcp=CgZwc3ktYWIQAzIFCCEQqwIyBQghEKsCMgUIIRCrAjoECCMQJzoFCCEQoAFQ7j1Y3M0BYK_QAWgCcAB4AIABwAGIAbwdkgEENi4yN5gBAKABAaoBB2d3cy13aXo&sclient=psy-ab&ved=0ahUKEwjVpYaZj8roAhVMKKwKHfWkBgUQ4dUDCAo&uact=5 .
Do you have good, positive, useful or encouraging info to share? Please post in the moderated comments below 😊
Note: Each time I post while doing this series (may it be a short series, but if so, for positive reasons 😊), I’ll post one or more links to posts I feel are worth seeing or reading. Some will be COVID-19 specific, some just uplifting, some encouraging via exercise or nutrition etc, but all within the rubric of what we’re all facing tougher ❤️
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- September 20, 2021 – Dappled Light, “Figures in a Landscape Study” Still Not Done, But, Already a Learning Tool For Me!“Learning Tool for Me” is part of my blog title today simply ’cause I’ve looking at this post as specifically geared to get me where I wanna go – keeping in mind my destination is a generalized abstraction of image / feeling / and intuitive aspiration (hopefully including figurative work) & it’s reached a point of development over my previous renditions that I now need to put my resolve into concrete, hopefully creative, useful thoughts for my future directions. Lot of contradictions. Like life. Like me 😊 Here goes (for now) —
- September 19, 2021 – Dappled Light, “Figures in a Landscape Study” ContinuedJust a quick post updating yesterday’s release showing what I’ve changed/added on to a watercolor on paper I’d 1st posted about on Sept 7th…A bigger factor in today’s image update is the addition of more “white”.
- September 18, 2021 – Dapple Light, My Creative Conundrum and CaldronMy regular readers know I’ve been more and more attracted to the idea of being able to paint dappled light, consciously, and hopefully, eventually more spontaneously. I titled my post to include both “conundrum” – which I kept misspelling til I looked it up 😊 – and “caldron” – which I keep feeling my creative heart and mind are swimming in (over their heads) lol!
- September 17, 2021 – New Most Viewed Image For the Week @FineArtAmerica, “Fantasy Walk” : Watercolor on Canvas on Light Molding Paste, #ContemporaryImpressionismSome times, some days, the little things, like the big things, if they are good and hopeful, then they are helpful.
- September 16, 2021 – Reblog(s) : Graham McQuade, Benchmarks 1 & 2 (Acrylic Painting) #figureartThis necessarily (on my part) a short post due to some time constraints, although I should add, Graham’s posts will be a quick read. They’re short, tight with information. What will take a little time, if you notice the time 😊 is….
- September 15, 2021 – Birds at Pfluger Bridge Austin @FineArtAmericaBirds at Pfluger Bridge Austin is an 11×14 oil painting I finished a little over 3 years ago, but never wrote up about individually on my blog. I realized this was the case when I tried to find my WordPress image from an older blog post to include in my most recent post; about birds of course 😊 Why I hadn’t done a post, announcing when I’d uploaded it to Fine Art America is simply that I….
- September 14, 2021 – Playing with 4K Video to Grab Still ShotsNow that we’ve had our bird feeder up a few months at our new location, we’ve come across a wider variety of birds (and other critters) and’ve been working at grabbing shots of birds in motion I might could use for sketches and such 🦅
Thanks again, everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html