Little Steps Poster ©Felipe Adan Lerma
FaceTime with the grandson 😊
With a skipped day in-between, both wife and I and the 7 year old were pretty ready for a little FaceTime together, lol! He tried on superhero costumes for us and we asked him if he could resume reading his graphic novel-comic, Dog Man, with us —
me: pick up where you left off last time; do you remember where that was?
max: (pages shuffling) yes (eyes lit up)
Sheila: can you read it to us?
max: (more page shuffling, drops book, iPad screen tilts to ceiling) uh….
me: that’s ok, we can read it
max: (big smile) ok (finds page he wants, repositions iPad, shows us the next illustrated page to read out)
And so it went, to a surprising funny conclusion of that chapter 😊 He somehow gets a kick out of one of us, or both wife & I, reading the comic out loud to him. Sheila esp gets quite animated in some scenes, lol! I like it too!
We used to, if we hadn’t seen him awhile, and probably weren’t going to for awhile more longer, have like an hour long play-chat with him via FaceTime. That won’t work now, too exhausting for wife & I 😂 But shorter video visits, with promises and assurances of another revisit “very soon” – yeah, that might work.
It’s obvious assumed hopefulness is Max’s usual disposition. It feeds us a living reminder of ourselves I think, whose assumption of hopefulness is chipped away by so much uncertainty.
Uncertainty of course, is a fact of life. Preparing for those uncertainties, much acting on a new unfolding reality, doesn’t have to be.
Countries and peoples, so far away I only see them as an abstracted sketch of ourselves and lives here in our country, have evidently forged through the beginning wave or curve of this virus crisis.
And I say evidently only because there is still so much unknown, and unsolved, ie, treatments, vaccines.
But these fellow human beings on our one planet show it can be done, even if we modify the method, but keep the essentials – testing, social distance, preparation and acting on it.
I thank them for their example, as I am sure we have been an example to many with our democracy 🙏
And I thank the angels this pandemic has happened in a time where at least, for a few minutes, we can see and almost touch each other across the ether 💕
Tomorrow I hope to post a few pics of most recent small paintings ❤️
Til then, stay well everyone!
Series link – Aging Through Covid-19
Suggested link, Google search results about how South Korea, Japan and others in Asia have fared with Covid-19 – https://www.google.com/search?client=safari&hl=en-us&sxsrf=ALeKk02GsoOTLjhUxx4aOLfrkG1F4Tio5Q%3A1585843443708&ei=8wyGXpXgKszQsAX1yZoo&q=overcoming+coronavirus+in+hong+kong+and+south+korea&oq=overcoming+coronavirus+in+hong+kong+and+south+korea&gs_lcp=CgZwc3ktYWIQAzIFCCEQqwIyBQghEKsCMgUIIRCrAjoECCMQJzoFCCEQoAFQ7j1Y3M0BYK_QAWgCcAB4AIABwAGIAbwdkgEENi4yN5gBAKABAaoBB2d3cy13aXo&sclient=psy-ab&ved=0ahUKEwjVpYaZj8roAhVMKKwKHfWkBgUQ4dUDCAo&uact=5 .
Do you have good, positive, useful or encouraging info to share? Please post in the moderated comments below 😊
Note: Each time I post while doing this series (may it be a short series, but if so, for positive reasons 😊), I’ll post one or more links to posts I feel are worth seeing or reading. Some will be COVID-19 specific, some just uplifting, some encouraging via exercise or nutrition etc, but all within the rubric of what we’re all facing tougher ❤️
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- March 06, 2021 – A Yoga Teacher – Gift Writing / Poetry by AdanYesterday I posted about another of my gift writings, one that sold just recently, Volleyball Setter, and I thought I’d post a short note about another I’ve always liked – A Yoga Teacher.
- March 05, 2021 – Volleyball Setter Gallery Wrap Canvas Print SOLD @FineArtAmerica“…pleased to say I’ve sold a gallery wrapped canvas print featured in one of my most viewed posts on my site, Volleyball Setter – Original Sports Poetry Back in Stock, to a buyer in Sturgis, Michigan!”
- March 04, 2021 – Masks in Grocery Stores in Austin – Back to Mask/Mass ConfusionAll I feel I can really do is wish and pray for the safety of everyone in those stores without mandates, whether pro or con re the masks. If we’re in this together, we really need to act like we’re are in this together ♥️
- March 03, 2021 – Why We’re Only Shopping at Sprouts For Groceries (and a few others) Here in Austin For Now, Hint: Covid-19“… for us to choose to voluntarily restrict ourselves to Sprouts, and a few other stores I’ll highlight hopefully tomorrow, is a big deal. Fixed incomes of the qualifying-for-most-any-level of stimulus cut-off-money work that way 😊 “
- March 02, 2021 – 1st Full Day of Recovery After My 1st Covid VaccinationI’m developing a different kind of problem ☺️ – too many good things to choose from I want to do!
- March 01, 2021 – Floating Butterfly 1 Pen and Ink with Watercolor – circa 2021 Watercolor – Adan’s PhotoPoems“…wings spotted like the sun’s own face….”
- February 28, 2021 – My Most Viewed Image This Week @FineArtAmerica, Watercolor, “Charcoal Mountain”Using one of Arteza’s black brush pens, it shows the pen’s exceptional ability to lay down thick and wash pigment (see image below). The thick nicely textured Canson XL watercolor paper of course helps too 😊
Thanks again, everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html