Little Steps Poster ©Felipe Adan Lerma
New watercolor figure work
Hi everyone! Further below I finally got the time to take a quick pic of some new 6×6 watercolor work I’m doing I’m liking very much, especially in terms of establishing a new direction.
I’ve done figure work before of course, since way back in the very early 80s in acrylic. Autumn Friends is a good example. I like all variations of styles, but’ve found myself, for my own work, doing more expressionistic, impressionist, even sketch like styles. There’s a handful more of examples of my figure work in my Fine Art America paintings gallery of images. They’re rare enough the 7 year old’ll say something like, “I didn’t know you could draw” when he sees one, lol 😂
As seen below, one is a variation of the painting at top of the page, and the other, a reclining abstraction, also from a photo I took of Sheila.
I start to want to “correct” or define portions of one, only to then see I don’t like it any better 😊 So I try to leave them along if I can. But still, they’re “almost” finished, but not quite. I see a little something here and there that bothers me. And once I can retake the top pic in better light, and do a closeup, you’ll be able to see lots of fun detail in the area around the figure.
And neither has been sprayed with fixative and varnished, and that’ll change them a bit more.
So some days I get what feels like a lot done on a painting, or prep work, or finish work, and other days I have to content myself with coating a new canvas with absorbent ground, or painting the sides of a finished piece.
The stay in place protocol the mayor (Austin) put in place, kinda helps, in the sense I’m not running off to the gym or store everyday, and even when I do go out for groceries (like today), traffic is so much better!
Plus my followup with my dr re my sinus & throat infection (yesterday) was via telemedicine! He ordered my a second round, as is usually the case most of my life with my allergy sensitivities. The new ones (got ‘em today at Walgreens) are for a couple days longer & 2x a day vs 1x.
So, despite projections that Texas is “the” or among the next virus hot spots, I’m hopeful.
I worry of course about family, many friends, and folks I don’t even know.
But I see signs to be hopeful of ❤️
Til then, stay well everyone!
Series link – Aging Through Covid-19
Suggested link, Google search for positive postings / articles re the virus crisis – https://www.google.com/search?q=hopeful+signs+during+covid+19&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-us&client=safari
Do you have good, positive, useful or encouraging info to share? Please post in the moderated comments below 😊
Note: Each time I post while doing this series (may it be a short series, but if so, for positive reasons 😊), I’ll post one or more links to posts I feel are worth seeing or reading. Some will be COVID-19 specific, some just uplifting, some encouraging via exercise or nutrition etc, but all within the rubric of what we’re all facing tougher ❤️
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- May 21, 2022 – Sheila & I Are Attending 2 Gallery Openings Today! #PrimalGalleryDS #AustinArtSpaceSheila and I are off to a busy fun art-openings day that include some of my art at two local galleries today – AVAA’s Austin Art Space, and Primal Gallery in nearby Dripping Springs!
- May 20, 2022 – Will My New #Austin #Photography Poster, Morning Light in Barton Springs Greenbelt, Join My Austin Pink Sunset Photo and Lou Neff Digital Art Poster in Sales?The question itself, whether Morning Light in Barton Springs Greenbelt will match or join my currently selling best prints, is a question more of hope and companionship for my image of a truly usually bright spot in Austin, the system of greenbelts preserving the water that makes living here even possible ❤️
- May 19, 2022 – Hardest / Best Part of My Strength Class Recently – Releasing Myself a SmileIt’s nearing 8pm and I’m trying to apply an exercise lesson our online SilverSneakers instructor, Michelle, brought up a few times today – smile 😊
- May 18, 2022 – Places In or Near Austin Texas You Can See and Buy My Prints ( Art and Photography ) #PrimalGallery #OldBakery&EmporiumPrints have consistently out-sold my originals if for no other reasons than they are less expensive and usually have more items to choose from. Not bad reasons at all 😊 What I want to do now though is, begin to –
- May 17, 2022 – I Have a Lot of Happenings ( art & personal ) This Week, But Still Finding Moments To Start a New Painting : Morning’s PromiseIt’s nice to dance the surface of my canvas as needed. And able ☺️ And right now, a light step, at an easy pace, may give me the time – and energy – to get more than a handful of other needed things also done this week. Not a bad compromise. For now 😊
- May 16, 2022 – New Diptych : “Freedom” Almost Finished, Panels Need Signing ( front & back )And what I’ve come across figuring out how to make prints of this that folks can work with, ie, close to or within standard size dimensions, was how to get a 22×28 image convert into – in 2 examples – an 8×10 or 12×18, and I came up with this as a starting prototype….
- May 15, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Spring Rising”I’d done a lot of deep or darker night-like paintings for a bit, so it felt pretty nice to lighten up my palette for awhile. Working back & forth, from the two approaches – playing the potential good from both approaches seems to suit my Libra middle, lol!
Thanks again, everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html