Little Steps Poster ©Felipe Adan Lerma
New watercolor figure work
Hi everyone! Further below I finally got the time to take a quick pic of some new 6×6 watercolor work I’m doing I’m liking very much, especially in terms of establishing a new direction.
I’ve done figure work before of course, since way back in the very early 80s in acrylic. Autumn Friends is a good example. I like all variations of styles, but’ve found myself, for my own work, doing more expressionistic, impressionist, even sketch like styles. There’s a handful more of examples of my figure work in my Fine Art America paintings gallery of images. They’re rare enough the 7 year old’ll say something like, “I didn’t know you could draw” when he sees one, lol 😂
As seen below, one is a variation of the painting at top of the page, and the other, a reclining abstraction, also from a photo I took of Sheila.
I start to want to “correct” or define portions of one, only to then see I don’t like it any better 😊 So I try to leave them along if I can. But still, they’re “almost” finished, but not quite. I see a little something here and there that bothers me. And once I can retake the top pic in better light, and do a closeup, you’ll be able to see lots of fun detail in the area around the figure.
And neither has been sprayed with fixative and varnished, and that’ll change them a bit more.
So some days I get what feels like a lot done on a painting, or prep work, or finish work, and other days I have to content myself with coating a new canvas with absorbent ground, or painting the sides of a finished piece.
The stay in place protocol the mayor (Austin) put in place, kinda helps, in the sense I’m not running off to the gym or store everyday, and even when I do go out for groceries (like today), traffic is so much better!
Plus my followup with my dr re my sinus & throat infection (yesterday) was via telemedicine! He ordered my a second round, as is usually the case most of my life with my allergy sensitivities. The new ones (got ‘em today at Walgreens) are for a couple days longer & 2x a day vs 1x.
So, despite projections that Texas is “the” or among the next virus hot spots, I’m hopeful.
I worry of course about family, many friends, and folks I don’t even know.
But I see signs to be hopeful of ❤️
Til then, stay well everyone!
Series link – Aging Through Covid-19
Suggested link, Google search for positive postings / articles re the virus crisis – https://www.google.com/search?q=hopeful+signs+during+covid+19&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-us&client=safari
Do you have good, positive, useful or encouraging info to share? Please post in the moderated comments below 😊
Note: Each time I post while doing this series (may it be a short series, but if so, for positive reasons 😊), I’ll post one or more links to posts I feel are worth seeing or reading. Some will be COVID-19 specific, some just uplifting, some encouraging via exercise or nutrition etc, but all within the rubric of what we’re all facing tougher ❤️
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- May 05, 2021 – Random (sorta) Pic of the Day, Urban Forest Austin TexasAnother of my idea-searches for something at least relatively easy for me to post when I’d rather be painting, eating, sleeping, walking, or other random unrelated surprise opportunities the day might bring 😊
- May 05, 2021 – Lady in Paris 1889, My Newest #AcrylicPainting Upload @FineArtAmerica* I began Lady in Paris 1889 in July last year, nearly a year ago now, and am glad to say I reached a resolution of how I wanted it to look, or more to the point, how I wanted it to feel, and finally uploaded it to Fine Art America yesterday ♥️
- May 04, 2021 – Random (sorta) Pic of the Day, Mountain CloudsAnother of my idea-searches for something at least relatively easy for me to post when I’d rather be painting, eating, sleeping, walking, or other random unrelated surprise opportunities the day might bring 😊
- May 04, 2021 – Volleyball Digger Poster, My Newest #Sports Gift Upload @FineArtAmericaQuick post to let folks know the 3rd of my seven Volleyball theme posters, Volleyball Blocker, is now available on Fine Art America as both prints and gift items!
- May 03, 2021 – Random (sorta) Pic of the Day, 60s Style Mini-School BusAnother of my idea-searches for something at least relatively easy for me to post when I’d rather be painting, eating, sleeping, walking, or other random unrelated surprise opportunities the day might bring 😊
- May 03, 2021 – My Two Most Viewed Images This Week @FineArtAmerica, One Light, One Dark, One New, One Old, One Photo, One PaintingThere’s something especially nice when two of my images, each so distinct from the other, both come up nearly even in my most viewed count for the week at Fine Art America 💕
- May 02, 2021 – Contemplation Sunday : Moving During COVID-19, Exploring New Surroundings, Family, Art“Sunshine and higher temps broke out after nearly a week of slight to moderate rain and cloud cover…Like most things in life, the cooling off before the big heat of summer was a welcome relief, and the return of sunshine and ability to get around with slip-sliding was also. Variability, in some things, must be a good thing indeed! 😊 “
Thanks again, everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html