Little Steps Poster ©Felipe Adan Lerma
New watercolor figure work
Hi everyone! Further below I finally got the time to take a quick pic of some new 6×6 watercolor work I’m doing I’m liking very much, especially in terms of establishing a new direction.
I’ve done figure work before of course, since way back in the very early 80s in acrylic. Autumn Friends is a good example. I like all variations of styles, but’ve found myself, for my own work, doing more expressionistic, impressionist, even sketch like styles. There’s a handful more of examples of my figure work in my Fine Art America paintings gallery of images. They’re rare enough the 7 year old’ll say something like, “I didn’t know you could draw” when he sees one, lol 😂
As seen below, one is a variation of the painting at top of the page, and the other, a reclining abstraction, also from a photo I took of Sheila.
I start to want to “correct” or define portions of one, only to then see I don’t like it any better 😊 So I try to leave them along if I can. But still, they’re “almost” finished, but not quite. I see a little something here and there that bothers me. And once I can retake the top pic in better light, and do a closeup, you’ll be able to see lots of fun detail in the area around the figure.
And neither has been sprayed with fixative and varnished, and that’ll change them a bit more.
So some days I get what feels like a lot done on a painting, or prep work, or finish work, and other days I have to content myself with coating a new canvas with absorbent ground, or painting the sides of a finished piece.
The stay in place protocol the mayor (Austin) put in place, kinda helps, in the sense I’m not running off to the gym or store everyday, and even when I do go out for groceries (like today), traffic is so much better!
Plus my followup with my dr re my sinus & throat infection (yesterday) was via telemedicine! He ordered my a second round, as is usually the case most of my life with my allergy sensitivities. The new ones (got ‘em today at Walgreens) are for a couple days longer & 2x a day vs 1x.
So, despite projections that Texas is “the” or among the next virus hot spots, I’m hopeful.
I worry of course about family, many friends, and folks I don’t even know.
But I see signs to be hopeful of ❤️
Til then, stay well everyone!
Series link – Aging Through Covid-19
Suggested link, Google search for positive postings / articles re the virus crisis – https://www.google.com/search?q=hopeful+signs+during+covid+19&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-us&client=safari
Do you have good, positive, useful or encouraging info to share? Please post in the moderated comments below 😊
Note: Each time I post while doing this series (may it be a short series, but if so, for positive reasons 😊), I’ll post one or more links to posts I feel are worth seeing or reading. Some will be COVID-19 specific, some just uplifting, some encouraging via exercise or nutrition etc, but all within the rubric of what we’re all facing tougher ❤️
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number II.3.4“… he felt his body resting upon the bed.”
- Aging Gracefully During Covid-19 : The Seasons – and Hopefully The Times – Are A Changin’“Doubts about whether 70 would actually be that major a marker for me, in terms of how hard and how far to push myself, held me back from developing thIs post though, until today!“
- The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number II.3.3“Crying for movement, his body ached for down time from the active stillness of painting.”
- Adan’s Fine Art America Images # 15 – Yoga Creativity and Awareness, Digital Art circa 2016“I’d very much begun to think ‘digital’ was the way for me to go by this time in early 2016, but I’d both begun to see my technical limitations and feel a growing reluctance within myself to….”
- The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number II.3.2“Arturo began to search for an emerging wholeness in the images.“
- Tweets That Caught My Eye on Twitter – Laurie @retsebez“Laurie’s tweets are something I’ve only recently found myself looking for more of….”
- The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number II.3.1“Time, waiting for such a large show as the one happening that evening, in the small town near their sleepy fisherman’s village along the Mediterranean….”
Thanks again, everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html