Little Steps Poster ©Felipe Adan Lerma
New watercolor figure work
Hi everyone! Further below I finally got the time to take a quick pic of some new 6×6 watercolor work I’m doing I’m liking very much, especially in terms of establishing a new direction.
I’ve done figure work before of course, since way back in the very early 80s in acrylic. Autumn Friends is a good example. I like all variations of styles, but’ve found myself, for my own work, doing more expressionistic, impressionist, even sketch like styles. There’s a handful more of examples of my figure work in my Fine Art America paintings gallery of images. They’re rare enough the 7 year old’ll say something like, “I didn’t know you could draw” when he sees one, lol 😂
As seen below, one is a variation of the painting at top of the page, and the other, a reclining abstraction, also from a photo I took of Sheila.
I start to want to “correct” or define portions of one, only to then see I don’t like it any better 😊 So I try to leave them along if I can. But still, they’re “almost” finished, but not quite. I see a little something here and there that bothers me. And once I can retake the top pic in better light, and do a closeup, you’ll be able to see lots of fun detail in the area around the figure.
And neither has been sprayed with fixative and varnished, and that’ll change them a bit more.
So some days I get what feels like a lot done on a painting, or prep work, or finish work, and other days I have to content myself with coating a new canvas with absorbent ground, or painting the sides of a finished piece.
The stay in place protocol the mayor (Austin) put in place, kinda helps, in the sense I’m not running off to the gym or store everyday, and even when I do go out for groceries (like today), traffic is so much better!
Plus my followup with my dr re my sinus & throat infection (yesterday) was via telemedicine! He ordered my a second round, as is usually the case most of my life with my allergy sensitivities. The new ones (got ‘em today at Walgreens) are for a couple days longer & 2x a day vs 1x.
So, despite projections that Texas is “the” or among the next virus hot spots, I’m hopeful.
I worry of course about family, many friends, and folks I don’t even know.
But I see signs to be hopeful of ❤️
Til then, stay well everyone!
Series link – Aging Through Covid-19
Suggested link, Google search for positive postings / articles re the virus crisis – https://www.google.com/search?q=hopeful+signs+during+covid+19&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-us&client=safari
Do you have good, positive, useful or encouraging info to share? Please post in the moderated comments below 😊
Note: Each time I post while doing this series (may it be a short series, but if so, for positive reasons 😊), I’ll post one or more links to posts I feel are worth seeing or reading. Some will be COVID-19 specific, some just uplifting, some encouraging via exercise or nutrition etc, but all within the rubric of what we’re all facing tougher ❤️
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- August 04, 2021 – The Resurgence of COVID-19There’s few times life or death issues are so widespread they not only engulf those close to us, but nearly everyone one hears about – this is one of those times…KVUE news, whose images I’m using for this post, has an article title, “‘The choice now becomes vaccination or ventilator.’ 230 unvaccinated people hospitalized for COVID-19 in Austin in 2 weeks, versus 47 vaccinated.”
- August 03, 2021 – Working a New 16×20 Acrylic, Working Title : Testing the Water, Refining the Figure, Developing the BackgroundI wanted to do more on this but things are happening re Covid, in my life. I’ll have more on this very soon – nothing w/me or family here in Austin (despite horrid #s lately), but nearby, also here in Texas. Wonderful how fluid and flexible art is, giving us challenges one day, inspiration on another, and solace even when needed.
- August 02, 2021 – Prepping a New 16×20 Acrylic, Working Title : Testing the Water, 1st Figure Lay-inI included my most recent updated image from a post a few days ago further below. Besides the figure work (not yet complete), you can see where I continued to rework the area around the figure, setting her off more completely.
- August 01, 2021 – Some Interruptions in Life are BlessingsJust back from an incredible trip to the Galapagos west of Ecuador, wife & I got the opportunity to have the youngest grandchild over. This is from our mid-morning walk in warm dappled light ❤️ I only wish I’d realized the value of this with our own children more fully…
- July 31, 2021 – Prepping a New 16×20 Acrylic, Working Title : Testing the WaterThe initial goal was to simply select and mark the area for my figure. Then I freely applied Golden’s light molding paste, leaving the selected area for my figure much more level, and forming the paste into potentially vegetative designs as inspiration and malleable ground meshed —
- July 30, 2021 – What a Difference a New Keyboard Makes : LENRICH iPad pro 12.9 case with keyboardThis is an older now discontinued keyboard, but one of the few still available for my IPad Pro 2nd generation model (current model is 5th generation I believe), but I’m impressed with it enough to post about it and (if all continues well) my renewed ease of use not having to use the onscreen keyboard for blog posts, emails etc – that’s a big deal for me, lol! 😊
- July 29, 2021 – Whew! Yesterday Was a Day of Plowing Through, lol!Above is a picture of me November 2019 (notice the weather is warm but hot, finally 😊) and I look just a bit worn out? I’d just climbed the 218 steps to top of Old Baldy near Wimberley Texas! That’s kinda how I felt yesterday, only without as nice a view, lol! I’ll just say that….
Thanks again, everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html