Little Steps Poster ©Felipe Adan Lerma
New watercolor figure work
Hi everyone! Further below I finally got the time to take a quick pic of some new 6×6 watercolor work I’m doing I’m liking very much, especially in terms of establishing a new direction.
I’ve done figure work before of course, since way back in the very early 80s in acrylic. Autumn Friends is a good example. I like all variations of styles, but’ve found myself, for my own work, doing more expressionistic, impressionist, even sketch like styles. There’s a handful more of examples of my figure work in my Fine Art America paintings gallery of images. They’re rare enough the 7 year old’ll say something like, “I didn’t know you could draw” when he sees one, lol 😂
As seen below, one is a variation of the painting at top of the page, and the other, a reclining abstraction, also from a photo I took of Sheila.
I start to want to “correct” or define portions of one, only to then see I don’t like it any better 😊 So I try to leave them along if I can. But still, they’re “almost” finished, but not quite. I see a little something here and there that bothers me. And once I can retake the top pic in better light, and do a closeup, you’ll be able to see lots of fun detail in the area around the figure.
And neither has been sprayed with fixative and varnished, and that’ll change them a bit more.
So some days I get what feels like a lot done on a painting, or prep work, or finish work, and other days I have to content myself with coating a new canvas with absorbent ground, or painting the sides of a finished piece.
The stay in place protocol the mayor (Austin) put in place, kinda helps, in the sense I’m not running off to the gym or store everyday, and even when I do go out for groceries (like today), traffic is so much better!
Plus my followup with my dr re my sinus & throat infection (yesterday) was via telemedicine! He ordered my a second round, as is usually the case most of my life with my allergy sensitivities. The new ones (got ‘em today at Walgreens) are for a couple days longer & 2x a day vs 1x.
So, despite projections that Texas is “the” or among the next virus hot spots, I’m hopeful.
I worry of course about family, many friends, and folks I don’t even know.
But I see signs to be hopeful of ❤️
Til then, stay well everyone!
Series link – Aging Through Covid-19
Suggested link, Google search for positive postings / articles re the virus crisis – https://www.google.com/search?q=hopeful+signs+during+covid+19&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-us&client=safari
Do you have good, positive, useful or encouraging info to share? Please post in the moderated comments below 😊
Note: Each time I post while doing this series (may it be a short series, but if so, for positive reasons 😊), I’ll post one or more links to posts I feel are worth seeing or reading. Some will be COVID-19 specific, some just uplifting, some encouraging via exercise or nutrition etc, but all within the rubric of what we’re all facing tougher ❤️
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- At Rest With Nature – New Watercolor on Absorbent Ground, May 2020At Peace With Nature has several firsts for me. One, it’s a 5×7 stretched canvas, another size like my recent 6×12, A Walk Among the Wildflowers, I haven’t done in quite awhile, certainly even further back by maybe even decades, lol! It’s an interesting size, being small, yet enabling and enhancing the sense of length or height, like the 6×12, but more subtly.
- Aging Through Covid-19, May 27, 2020Personal Transitions During Stay-at-Home Distancing No BIG in the typical sense of what I tend to think “big” life change/transitions are, but with no blog post for 5 or 6 days, I gave up figuring out the exact # of days, lol, I felt compelled to say a little something.
- Aging Through Covid-19, May 26, 2020Photo Lessons for Dummies by BE KITSCHIG is a superb humor laden look at the all too common pitfalls and inadvertent mistakes we all non-professionals make with our cameras 😂
- A Walk Among the WildFlowers – New Watercolor on Absorbent Ground, May 2020As one can tell by my photo below, I took a few liberties, but to some extent, that happens whether I plan it or not, lol 😂 But I like the result too much to alter anything on it. Another version, another time, will elicit a different response, and I do think this is one motif I’ll want to do more of, vs variations for just practice 😊
- Aging Through Covid-19, May 20, 2020A bit of news out of my home state of Texas. For the past decade, the two main political parties of that state have battled in and out of court in regard to things vote related. Actually seemingly everything vote related, lol!
- Covid-19 Visit to Lady Bird Wildflower Center May 2020 💐First trip I can think of for Sheila & myself, much less with Max, since maybe pre-Covid! 💕 Short, less than 2 hours, and less than 15 minutes from home, but what a treat! 😊
- Aging Through Covid-19, May 18, 2020A superb article, mostly for two reasons. One, it covers a huge range of our everyday activities. Two, it differentiates into most the activities, delineating what makes it risky or less so, in general.
Thanks again, everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html