Little Steps Poster ©Felipe Adan Lerma
Painting watercolor 😊
I really thought I was going to have today’s post up much earlier, then decided I might be able to finish a new 6×6 watercolor, did, and am finally fixing up the post, lol!
This is a copy of an image I couldn’t remember where I saw it, so I did a Google reverse image search, and was quite surprised how many places it appears! Though some links seem to show “an” artist as the original creator, other links show this as an open stock image for personal use, asking only for attribution – https://paintingvalley.com/girl-playing-violin-painting# .
I had absolutely no luck getting the specific url for the download with the attribution info. On the link above you scroll down to a variety of Girl With Violin images, click on the obvious one this is of, and on that page it reads:
Permission: Personal use
CC BY-NC 4.0 Licence
Anyway, for all the above reasons, I won’t be making prints of this image nor offering it for sale, though to be honest, my wife’s already claimed it as hers ❤️
My rendition isn’t nearly as “clean” or striking or well defined as the original, but my wife and I really like it, some for the same reasons, the free flowing-ness of it.
But additionally, for me, it was a really good opportunity to find an image I liked, and reproduce it in my own style, picking up pointers so to speak by virtue of simply studying the image to be able to transcribe it!
Like I’ve seen, in books and films and in person, art students doing in a museum.
I was always too independent to do “that” lol 😂
But I finally see the value of it!
Other times, a figure “arose” from among the pigment so to speak, literally a found figure image during the painting process, like Lady of the Garden, painted early on when I started doing my little 6x6s.
Anyway, if I can get my wife to pose for me some more (yes!) I can do more off my own photography 😊
Stay well everyone! Be safe! 😊
Series link – Aging Through Covid-19
Suggested link, from the article, “My dad called me a few nights after the shelter-in-place order. Our conversation turned to the crisis at hand. We shared our dismay that, while small businesses we both love were shuttered as the local economy stalled, vulnerable people in our city would be going without necessities, even food. He suggested we could solve one problem with another: Pay restaurants to make food and deliver it to those in need.” – https://www.marketwatch.com/story/this-tech-ceo-is-paying-restaurants-hit-by-the-coronavirus-to-make-food-and-deliver-meals-to-people-in-need-2020-04-09?mod=home-page
Do you have good, positive, useful or encouraging info to share? Please post in the moderated comments below 😊
Note: Each time I post while doing this series (may it be a short series, but if so, for positive reasons 😊), I’ll post one or more links to posts I feel are worth seeing or reading. Some will be COVID-19 specific, some just uplifting, some encouraging via exercise or nutrition etc, but all within the rubric of what we’re all facing tougher ❤️
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- March 06, 2021 – A Yoga Teacher – Gift Writing / Poetry by AdanYesterday I posted about another of my gift writings, one that sold just recently, Volleyball Setter, and I thought I’d post a short note about another I’ve always liked – A Yoga Teacher.
- March 05, 2021 – Volleyball Setter Gallery Wrap Canvas Print SOLD @FineArtAmerica“…pleased to say I’ve sold a gallery wrapped canvas print featured in one of my most viewed posts on my site, Volleyball Setter – Original Sports Poetry Back in Stock, to a buyer in Sturgis, Michigan!”
- March 04, 2021 – Masks in Grocery Stores in Austin – Back to Mask/Mass ConfusionAll I feel I can really do is wish and pray for the safety of everyone in those stores without mandates, whether pro or con re the masks. If we’re in this together, we really need to act like we’re are in this together ♥️
- March 03, 2021 – Why We’re Only Shopping at Sprouts For Groceries (and a few others) Here in Austin For Now, Hint: Covid-19“… for us to choose to voluntarily restrict ourselves to Sprouts, and a few other stores I’ll highlight hopefully tomorrow, is a big deal. Fixed incomes of the qualifying-for-most-any-level of stimulus cut-off-money work that way 😊 “
- March 02, 2021 – 1st Full Day of Recovery After My 1st Covid VaccinationI’m developing a different kind of problem ☺️ – too many good things to choose from I want to do!
- March 01, 2021 – Floating Butterfly 1 Pen and Ink with Watercolor – circa 2021 Watercolor – Adan’s PhotoPoems“…wings spotted like the sun’s own face….”
- February 28, 2021 – My Most Viewed Image This Week @FineArtAmerica, Watercolor, “Charcoal Mountain”Using one of Arteza’s black brush pens, it shows the pen’s exceptional ability to lay down thick and wash pigment (see image below). The thick nicely textured Canson XL watercolor paper of course helps too 😊
Thanks again, everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html