Little Steps Poster ©Felipe Adan Lerma
Painting watercolor 😊
I really thought I was going to have today’s post up much earlier, then decided I might be able to finish a new 6×6 watercolor, did, and am finally fixing up the post, lol!
This is a copy of an image I couldn’t remember where I saw it, so I did a Google reverse image search, and was quite surprised how many places it appears! Though some links seem to show “an” artist as the original creator, other links show this as an open stock image for personal use, asking only for attribution – https://paintingvalley.com/girl-playing-violin-painting# .
I had absolutely no luck getting the specific url for the download with the attribution info. On the link above you scroll down to a variety of Girl With Violin images, click on the obvious one this is of, and on that page it reads:
Permission: Personal use
CC BY-NC 4.0 Licence
Anyway, for all the above reasons, I won’t be making prints of this image nor offering it for sale, though to be honest, my wife’s already claimed it as hers ❤️
My rendition isn’t nearly as “clean” or striking or well defined as the original, but my wife and I really like it, some for the same reasons, the free flowing-ness of it.
But additionally, for me, it was a really good opportunity to find an image I liked, and reproduce it in my own style, picking up pointers so to speak by virtue of simply studying the image to be able to transcribe it!
Like I’ve seen, in books and films and in person, art students doing in a museum.
I was always too independent to do “that” lol 😂
But I finally see the value of it!
Other times, a figure “arose” from among the pigment so to speak, literally a found figure image during the painting process, like Lady of the Garden, painted early on when I started doing my little 6x6s.
Anyway, if I can get my wife to pose for me some more (yes!) I can do more off my own photography 😊
Stay well everyone! Be safe! 😊
Series link – Aging Through Covid-19
Suggested link, from the article, “My dad called me a few nights after the shelter-in-place order. Our conversation turned to the crisis at hand. We shared our dismay that, while small businesses we both love were shuttered as the local economy stalled, vulnerable people in our city would be going without necessities, even food. He suggested we could solve one problem with another: Pay restaurants to make food and deliver it to those in need.” – https://www.marketwatch.com/story/this-tech-ceo-is-paying-restaurants-hit-by-the-coronavirus-to-make-food-and-deliver-meals-to-people-in-need-2020-04-09?mod=home-page
Do you have good, positive, useful or encouraging info to share? Please post in the moderated comments below 😊
Note: Each time I post while doing this series (may it be a short series, but if so, for positive reasons 😊), I’ll post one or more links to posts I feel are worth seeing or reading. Some will be COVID-19 specific, some just uplifting, some encouraging via exercise or nutrition etc, but all within the rubric of what we’re all facing tougher ❤️
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- September 20, 2021 – Dappled Light, “Figures in a Landscape Study” Still Not Done, But, Already a Learning Tool For Me!“Learning Tool for Me” is part of my blog title today simply ’cause I’ve looking at this post as specifically geared to get me where I wanna go – keeping in mind my destination is a generalized abstraction of image / feeling / and intuitive aspiration (hopefully including figurative work) & it’s reached a point of development over my previous renditions that I now need to put my resolve into concrete, hopefully creative, useful thoughts for my future directions. Lot of contradictions. Like life. Like me 😊 Here goes (for now) —
- September 19, 2021 – Dappled Light, “Figures in a Landscape Study” ContinuedJust a quick post updating yesterday’s release showing what I’ve changed/added on to a watercolor on paper I’d 1st posted about on Sept 7th…A bigger factor in today’s image update is the addition of more “white”.
- September 18, 2021 – Dapple Light, My Creative Conundrum and CaldronMy regular readers know I’ve been more and more attracted to the idea of being able to paint dappled light, consciously, and hopefully, eventually more spontaneously. I titled my post to include both “conundrum” – which I kept misspelling til I looked it up 😊 – and “caldron” – which I keep feeling my creative heart and mind are swimming in (over their heads) lol!
- September 17, 2021 – New Most Viewed Image For the Week @FineArtAmerica, “Fantasy Walk” : Watercolor on Canvas on Light Molding Paste, #ContemporaryImpressionismSome times, some days, the little things, like the big things, if they are good and hopeful, then they are helpful.
- September 16, 2021 – Reblog(s) : Graham McQuade, Benchmarks 1 & 2 (Acrylic Painting) #figureartThis necessarily (on my part) a short post due to some time constraints, although I should add, Graham’s posts will be a quick read. They’re short, tight with information. What will take a little time, if you notice the time 😊 is….
- September 15, 2021 – Birds at Pfluger Bridge Austin @FineArtAmericaBirds at Pfluger Bridge Austin is an 11×14 oil painting I finished a little over 3 years ago, but never wrote up about individually on my blog. I realized this was the case when I tried to find my WordPress image from an older blog post to include in my most recent post; about birds of course 😊 Why I hadn’t done a post, announcing when I’d uploaded it to Fine Art America is simply that I….
- September 14, 2021 – Playing with 4K Video to Grab Still ShotsNow that we’ve had our bird feeder up a few months at our new location, we’ve come across a wider variety of birds (and other critters) and’ve been working at grabbing shots of birds in motion I might could use for sketches and such 🦅
Thanks again, everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html