Little Steps Poster ©Felipe Adan Lerma
Painting watercolor 😊
I really thought I was going to have today’s post up much earlier, then decided I might be able to finish a new 6×6 watercolor, did, and am finally fixing up the post, lol!
This is a copy of an image I couldn’t remember where I saw it, so I did a Google reverse image search, and was quite surprised how many places it appears! Though some links seem to show “an” artist as the original creator, other links show this as an open stock image for personal use, asking only for attribution – https://paintingvalley.com/girl-playing-violin-painting# .
I had absolutely no luck getting the specific url for the download with the attribution info. On the link above you scroll down to a variety of Girl With Violin images, click on the obvious one this is of, and on that page it reads:
Permission: Personal use
CC BY-NC 4.0 Licence
Anyway, for all the above reasons, I won’t be making prints of this image nor offering it for sale, though to be honest, my wife’s already claimed it as hers ❤️
My rendition isn’t nearly as “clean” or striking or well defined as the original, but my wife and I really like it, some for the same reasons, the free flowing-ness of it.
But additionally, for me, it was a really good opportunity to find an image I liked, and reproduce it in my own style, picking up pointers so to speak by virtue of simply studying the image to be able to transcribe it!
Like I’ve seen, in books and films and in person, art students doing in a museum.
I was always too independent to do “that” lol 😂
But I finally see the value of it!
Other times, a figure “arose” from among the pigment so to speak, literally a found figure image during the painting process, like Lady of the Garden, painted early on when I started doing my little 6x6s.
Anyway, if I can get my wife to pose for me some more (yes!) I can do more off my own photography 😊
Stay well everyone! Be safe! 😊
Series link – Aging Through Covid-19
Suggested link, from the article, “My dad called me a few nights after the shelter-in-place order. Our conversation turned to the crisis at hand. We shared our dismay that, while small businesses we both love were shuttered as the local economy stalled, vulnerable people in our city would be going without necessities, even food. He suggested we could solve one problem with another: Pay restaurants to make food and deliver it to those in need.” – https://www.marketwatch.com/story/this-tech-ceo-is-paying-restaurants-hit-by-the-coronavirus-to-make-food-and-deliver-meals-to-people-in-need-2020-04-09?mod=home-page
Do you have good, positive, useful or encouraging info to share? Please post in the moderated comments below 😊
Note: Each time I post while doing this series (may it be a short series, but if so, for positive reasons 😊), I’ll post one or more links to posts I feel are worth seeing or reading. Some will be COVID-19 specific, some just uplifting, some encouraging via exercise or nutrition etc, but all within the rubric of what we’re all facing tougher ❤️
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
Painting Instruction Videos https://amzn.to/2ZNgxfi
Painting Instruction Prime Video https://amzn.to/35oeMq2
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number II.4.1“Their exhausted satisfaction with their day at the art festival, left Rosetta and Arturo surprisingly wanting, needing, their own personal exhaustion, with each other.“
- September 19, 2020 – Turning 70 in One Month Yet Feeling Like 16 Still Stuck in Time – But, This Time I Get to Vote“I remember distinctly hearing this song many places many times through several years while in high school, but especially early on.“
- The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number II.3.4“… he felt his body resting upon the bed.”
- Aging Gracefully During Covid-19 : The Seasons – and Hopefully The Times – Are A Changin’“Doubts about whether 70 would actually be that major a marker for me, in terms of how hard and how far to push myself, held me back from developing thIs post though, until today!“
- The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number II.3.3“Crying for movement, his body ached for down time from the active stillness of painting.”
- Adan’s Fine Art America Images # 15 – Yoga Creativity and Awareness, Digital Art circa 2016“I’d very much begun to think ‘digital’ was the way for me to go by this time in early 2016, but I’d both begun to see my technical limitations and feel a growing reluctance within myself to….”
- The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number II.3.2“Arturo began to search for an emerging wholeness in the images.“
Thanks again, everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html