Little Steps Poster ©Felipe Adan Lerma
Painting watercolor 😊
I really thought I was going to have today’s post up much earlier, then decided I might be able to finish a new 6×6 watercolor, did, and am finally fixing up the post, lol!
This is a copy of an image I couldn’t remember where I saw it, so I did a Google reverse image search, and was quite surprised how many places it appears! Though some links seem to show “an” artist as the original creator, other links show this as an open stock image for personal use, asking only for attribution – https://paintingvalley.com/girl-playing-violin-painting# .
I had absolutely no luck getting the specific url for the download with the attribution info. On the link above you scroll down to a variety of Girl With Violin images, click on the obvious one this is of, and on that page it reads:
Permission: Personal use
CC BY-NC 4.0 Licence
Anyway, for all the above reasons, I won’t be making prints of this image nor offering it for sale, though to be honest, my wife’s already claimed it as hers ❤️
My rendition isn’t nearly as “clean” or striking or well defined as the original, but my wife and I really like it, some for the same reasons, the free flowing-ness of it.
But additionally, for me, it was a really good opportunity to find an image I liked, and reproduce it in my own style, picking up pointers so to speak by virtue of simply studying the image to be able to transcribe it!
Like I’ve seen, in books and films and in person, art students doing in a museum.
I was always too independent to do “that” lol 😂
But I finally see the value of it!
Other times, a figure “arose” from among the pigment so to speak, literally a found figure image during the painting process, like Lady of the Garden, painted early on when I started doing my little 6x6s.
Anyway, if I can get my wife to pose for me some more (yes!) I can do more off my own photography 😊
Stay well everyone! Be safe! 😊
Series link – Aging Through Covid-19
Suggested link, from the article, “My dad called me a few nights after the shelter-in-place order. Our conversation turned to the crisis at hand. We shared our dismay that, while small businesses we both love were shuttered as the local economy stalled, vulnerable people in our city would be going without necessities, even food. He suggested we could solve one problem with another: Pay restaurants to make food and deliver it to those in need.” – https://www.marketwatch.com/story/this-tech-ceo-is-paying-restaurants-hit-by-the-coronavirus-to-make-food-and-deliver-meals-to-people-in-need-2020-04-09?mod=home-page
Do you have good, positive, useful or encouraging info to share? Please post in the moderated comments below 😊
Note: Each time I post while doing this series (may it be a short series, but if so, for positive reasons 😊), I’ll post one or more links to posts I feel are worth seeing or reading. Some will be COVID-19 specific, some just uplifting, some encouraging via exercise or nutrition etc, but all within the rubric of what we’re all facing tougher ❤️
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- June 17, 2021 – Update for Delivering Art for the Reopening of The Old Bakery and Emporium (across from the State Capital) Austin, TexasAlmost a month ago I posted pics of Sheila and I making our 1st visit in over a year to the Old Bakery & Emporium where I show and sell a variety of images and writings…One of the nicer surprise developments has been a request to offer prints of my 7 unit Volleyball series.
- June 16, 2021 – Interesting Tweets I’ve Spotted RecentlyBelow are random tweets I liked for some reason – uplifting, funny, inspiring, informative, hopeful, pretty..something good or encouraging at the least 😊
- June 15, 2021 – My New Upload @FineArtAmerica – Violet Crown Trail Morning (Digital Art) PosterThough most of my hikes to the Barton Springs Greenbelt nearby are still exploratory, even when taking the 8 year old along 😊, I am beginning to recognize when I need, and want, to be there.
- June 14, 2021 – Volleyball Server Poster, My Newest #SportsPoetry Upload @FineArtAmericaLast of my 7 Volleyball theme posters, Volleyball Server Poster, is now available on Fine Art America as both prints and gift items! 😊
- June 13, 2021 – Austin Texas….on-going authentic aspects of Austin, Texas….
- June 12, 2021 – City of Austin’s Bark Rangers at Barton Creek Greenbelt….workers and volunteers with the City of Austin’s Bark Rangers were out in gentle but firm force….
- June 11, 2021 – Volleyball Dink Poster, My Newest #SportsPoetry Upload @FineArtAmerica#6 of my 7 Volleyball theme posters, Volleyball Dink, is now available on Fine Art America as both prints and gift items! 😊
Thanks again, everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html