Little Steps Poster ©Felipe Adan Lerma
Sunday morning at home during Covid-19
Didn’t realize what day it was til Sheila made our usual Sunday morning omelette breakfast, lol!
Used to be I had to remind myself to take it easy, relax for once, though only after going for the Sunday paper, at least one grocery store, then gas for the car. And that was a relief and break from taking or picking up art from a show or art venue, multiple grocery stores per week to catch the best sales, or particular items each specializes in we “gotta have” 😊
Now, ‘cept when I need to schedule a bill online, or the next dr appt, I’m gotten lost in the long lockdown.
Still, it was nice to recognize a day of rest.
Sheila and I’ve been steady in catching SilverSneakers live streaming classes. We walk 2 or more times each day. Eat well, which translates to making healthy meals with lots of veggie cutting. And do our family, social media, and favorite TV shows 😊
And I try to do a little art each day, tinkering or full on.
Today I had another really nice small floral painting going, and pushed it too far & ruined it.
Used to really upset me, doing that. And I wasn’t thrilled ‘bout it today either, lol!
But, after three attempts to rescue it, I declared it kaput, coated it with black gesso, and tomorrow I’ll put a new absorbent ground coat on it.
I move on.
After all, it is Sunday ♥️
Stay well everyone!
Series link – Aging Through Covid-19
Suggested link, url to a Stephen King quarantine tweet-quote I shared on FB 😊 https://www.facebook.com/100002262625128/posts/2821456511273075/
Do you have good, positive, useful or encouraging info to share? Please post in the moderated comments below 😊
Note: Each time I post while doing this series (may it be a short series, but if so, for positive reasons 😊), I’ll post one or more links to posts I feel are worth seeing or reading. Some will be COVID-19 specific, some just uplifting, some encouraging via exercise or nutrition etc, but all within the rubric of what we’re all facing tougher ❤️
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- May 20, 2022 – Will My New #Austin #Photography Poster, Morning Light in Barton Springs Greenbelt, Join My Austin Pink Sunset Photo and Lou Neff Digital Art Poster in Sales?The question itself, whether Morning Light in Barton Springs Greenbelt will match or join my currently selling best prints, is a question more of hope and companionship for my image of a truly usually bright spot in Austin, the system of greenbelts preserving the water that makes living here even possible ❤️
- May 19, 2022 – Hardest / Best Part of My Strength Class Recently – Releasing Myself a SmileIt’s nearing 8pm and I’m trying to apply an exercise lesson our online SilverSneakers instructor, Michelle, brought up a few times today – smile 😊
- May 18, 2022 – Places In or Near Austin Texas You Can See and Buy My Prints ( Art and Photography ) #PrimalGallery #OldBakery&EmporiumPrints have consistently out-sold my originals if for no other reasons than they are less expensive and usually have more items to choose from. Not bad reasons at all 😊 What I want to do now though is, begin to –
- May 17, 2022 – I Have a Lot of Happenings ( art & personal ) This Week, But Still Finding Moments To Start a New Painting : Morning’s PromiseIt’s nice to dance the surface of my canvas as needed. And able ☺️ And right now, a light step, at an easy pace, may give me the time – and energy – to get more than a handful of other needed things also done this week. Not a bad compromise. For now 😊
- May 16, 2022 – New Diptych : “Freedom” Almost Finished, Panels Need Signing ( front & back )And what I’ve come across figuring out how to make prints of this that folks can work with, ie, close to or within standard size dimensions, was how to get a 22×28 image convert into – in 2 examples – an 8×10 or 12×18, and I came up with this as a starting prototype….
- May 15, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Spring Rising”I’d done a lot of deep or darker night-like paintings for a bit, so it felt pretty nice to lighten up my palette for awhile. Working back & forth, from the two approaches – playing the potential good from both approaches seems to suit my Libra middle, lol!
- May 14, 2022 – My 1st Classical Stretch Workout with Miranda Esmonde-White ( via YouTube ) in Many Months!Though similar to SilverSneakers’ classes, Miranda’s classes focus largely on making the fascia network in our bodies more fluid. Some movements are very similar, but more extended, dance-like, reflecting Miranda’s ballerina and dance background!
Thanks again, everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html