Little Steps Poster ©Felipe Adan Lerma
Sunday morning at home during Covid-19
Didn’t realize what day it was til Sheila made our usual Sunday morning omelette breakfast, lol!
Used to be I had to remind myself to take it easy, relax for once, though only after going for the Sunday paper, at least one grocery store, then gas for the car. And that was a relief and break from taking or picking up art from a show or art venue, multiple grocery stores per week to catch the best sales, or particular items each specializes in we “gotta have” 😊
Now, ‘cept when I need to schedule a bill online, or the next dr appt, I’m gotten lost in the long lockdown.
Still, it was nice to recognize a day of rest.
Sheila and I’ve been steady in catching SilverSneakers live streaming classes. We walk 2 or more times each day. Eat well, which translates to making healthy meals with lots of veggie cutting. And do our family, social media, and favorite TV shows 😊
And I try to do a little art each day, tinkering or full on.
Today I had another really nice small floral painting going, and pushed it too far & ruined it.
Used to really upset me, doing that. And I wasn’t thrilled ‘bout it today either, lol!
But, after three attempts to rescue it, I declared it kaput, coated it with black gesso, and tomorrow I’ll put a new absorbent ground coat on it.
I move on.
After all, it is Sunday ♥️
Stay well everyone!
Series link – Aging Through Covid-19
Suggested link, url to a Stephen King quarantine tweet-quote I shared on FB 😊 https://www.facebook.com/100002262625128/posts/2821456511273075/
Do you have good, positive, useful or encouraging info to share? Please post in the moderated comments below 😊
Note: Each time I post while doing this series (may it be a short series, but if so, for positive reasons 😊), I’ll post one or more links to posts I feel are worth seeing or reading. Some will be COVID-19 specific, some just uplifting, some encouraging via exercise or nutrition etc, but all within the rubric of what we’re all facing tougher ❤️
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- February 25, 2021 – Got Our 1st of 2 Covid Shots Today!Reposting my FB post here…And a bit more info in general below my pic 😊
- February 25, 2021 – Austin Winter Storm, Is It a Wrap?Is our #TexasFreeze winter storm over? A wrap? Done and ready to be forgotten?
- February 24, 2021 – The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number I.2.1 – with CommentaryI’ve no real idea if this is common, a little common, or just plain uncommon, lol, to other artists.
- February 23, 2021 – Texas Hill Country November – circa 2021 Watercolor – Adan’s PhotoPoemsThough an abstract, I think one of the things I like best about Texas Hill Country November, is it captures a little of the sense of the authentic the Texas landscaped outside….
- February 22, 2021 – Austin Winter Storm, Power is On, Water is Running, Boil Ban is Canceled, and – I Shaved!It’s hard to express the relief in again having the taken-for-granted luxury of running water, power to heat and cool our air and bodies, and being able to stand with family, even if for a short time, even if we knew we’d all four had to have been social distancing / masking – even if out doors in our relatively fresh Austin city air.
- February 21, 2021 – Austin Winter Storm, Hope is a Wet Blue Line and One Brave Bird in a TreeMy apologies for the break in communication continuity since yesterday morning – it’s been a rough but promising ride, and, I got my own answer as to how come the phrase/idea, “Why the Caged Bird Sings” has always appealed to me 😊
- February 20, 2021 – Austin Winter Storm, Possible Light End of A Cold TunnelThe Texas Tribune has lots of articles examining both the overall and details of this disaster. A major component, as voiced from different directions, is cost —
Thanks again, everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html