Little Steps Poster ©Felipe Adan Lerma
Sunday morning at home during Covid-19
Didn’t realize what day it was til Sheila made our usual Sunday morning omelette breakfast, lol!
Used to be I had to remind myself to take it easy, relax for once, though only after going for the Sunday paper, at least one grocery store, then gas for the car. And that was a relief and break from taking or picking up art from a show or art venue, multiple grocery stores per week to catch the best sales, or particular items each specializes in we “gotta have” 😊
Now, ‘cept when I need to schedule a bill online, or the next dr appt, I’m gotten lost in the long lockdown.
Still, it was nice to recognize a day of rest.
Sheila and I’ve been steady in catching SilverSneakers live streaming classes. We walk 2 or more times each day. Eat well, which translates to making healthy meals with lots of veggie cutting. And do our family, social media, and favorite TV shows 😊
And I try to do a little art each day, tinkering or full on.
Today I had another really nice small floral painting going, and pushed it too far & ruined it.
Used to really upset me, doing that. And I wasn’t thrilled ‘bout it today either, lol!
But, after three attempts to rescue it, I declared it kaput, coated it with black gesso, and tomorrow I’ll put a new absorbent ground coat on it.
I move on.
After all, it is Sunday ♥️
Stay well everyone!
Series link – Aging Through Covid-19
Suggested link, url to a Stephen King quarantine tweet-quote I shared on FB 😊 https://www.facebook.com/100002262625128/posts/2821456511273075/
Do you have good, positive, useful or encouraging info to share? Please post in the moderated comments below 😊
Note: Each time I post while doing this series (may it be a short series, but if so, for positive reasons 😊), I’ll post one or more links to posts I feel are worth seeing or reading. Some will be COVID-19 specific, some just uplifting, some encouraging via exercise or nutrition etc, but all within the rubric of what we’re all facing tougher ❤️
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number III.3.2“Gently, he rubbed at a few spots he knew were extra tough, noticing a tender lone hair nearby….”
- The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number III.3.1“Face held still, eyes wide open, Arturo examined his features and almost grizzly, mostly grey beard in the ancient mirror that Anna’s dad said was original to the old fisherman’s hut.”
- Tweets That Caught My Eye on Twitter – Elle Justine @only1elle #PoetArtist“My sample above is, for me, quite haunting….”
- The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number III.2.4“Only the colorful cows on canvases, t-shirts, and life size embellished sculptures reminded him of Texas, but not of his own art….”
- Skydancer the Book, By Our Daughter, Tania, Now Available in Spanish! – Bailarina del cieloMany of my readers are familiar with my posts detailing our youngest daughter’s readings and book adventures with her illustrated children’s book, Skydancer! It’s now is also available in Spanish in a beautifully produced paper edition – Bailarina del cielo – Ballerina of the Sky!
- The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number III.2.3“‘It’s a new visual language for me,’ he told Rosetta at a local artists’ show….”
- The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number III.2.2“Arturo keenly felt an absence in his new work.”
Thanks again, everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html