Little Steps Poster ©Felipe Adan Lerma
More 6×6 watercolor with gouache painting, still life 🎨
Had thought I’d just be doing a hi-bye quick post tonight, Sheila’s been have one of her rare vertigo days, and we took it real easy through out the day.
But I did touch up the other small watercolor with gouache I mentioned in yesterdays post (featuring a figure vs a still life).
It’s also sketchy scratchy 😊 but I’m really enjoying playing with the new black absorbent ground for watercolors (and other water soluble media).
The late light of day when I finally touched this up and took a quick iPhone shot doesn’t capture well as I’d like, but does give some of the idea and feel I think.
I added some white gouache here and there along the window sills, along the table & goblet edges to balance against the floral in the cup.
What I’m finding, using the black absorbent ground is, watercolor, even thick fades into the black ground rather strongly. Sometimes to the good, sometimes too much so. Laying in the water soluble white gouache in thin to thick amounts lets watercolor on it to stand out much more so.
Water can then be dabbed or soaked in differing degrees into either, softening or spreading the effect. Dry brushed white gouache (I don’t other colors of gouache at this time) on the other hand can also more easily be scumbled, like oil paint particularly, on the black ground, creating that broken sketchy look of light.
Anyway, interesting stuff, and a lot to think about as I continue dabbling 😊
Stay strong everyone, stay creative – it’s what we are 💕
Series link – Aging Through Covid-19
Tonight’s suggested link is to a short newsletter from an artist I’ve been happily following for over a year. Tiffany Arp Daleo is exceptionally creative and prolific. Here she shares some of her colorful art and of working (painting) during the current virus crisis. I hope you’ll take the quick look and see what she’s up to 😊 April 2020 Making the Best of It! https://mailchi.mp/2a71dbf8f2c5/april-2020-making-the-best-of-it?e=081b8453f6
Do you have good, positive, useful or encouraging info to share? Please post in the moderated comments below 😊
Note: Each time I post while doing this series (may it be a short series, but if so, for positive reasons 😊), I’ll post one or more links to posts I feel are worth seeing or reading. Some will be COVID-19 specific, some just uplifting, some encouraging via exercise or nutrition etc, but all within the rubric of what we’re all facing tougher ❤️
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- May 15, 2021 – Random (sorta) Pic of the Day, Bird Friends at Our BalconyGranted, my real life observation of birds is relatively limited, I’ve never seen this before, one Cardinal feeding two! Wonderful really, so amazed at the joy of such a tiny slice of nature ❤️ To say it’s adorable seems nearly a cliche, but adorable it is!
- May 14, 2021 – Random (sorta) Pic of the Day, First Bird to Visit Our New Balcony Brings a FriendAdding on to yesterday’s pic of our 1st bird visitor to our new balcony at our new location is, I assume 😊, the same little bird, but with a friend, her red feathered boy cardinal I think! The expressions, I think, are priceless!
- May 13, 2021 – Random (sorta) Pic of the Day, First Bird to Visit Our Balcony in Our New LocationA simple pic tonight, a simple mingling of sentiments – innocence, curiosity, hunger….
- May 13, 2021 – Our #1 Learned Lesson This Move : Number the Boxes and Make a Digital List!“Such a simple idea, and Sheila says she’s either read or heard something similar, but only occurred to me this morning searching for random items I must’ve stuffed into a box with other stuff and now can’t find them – number each box, make a list of….”
- May 12, 2021 – Random (sorta) Pic of the Day, A Little Water in Barton Creek“…here goes a short quickshot pictorial of my 1st probe of the nearest Austin nature area new to us, one we’ve never explored before; all done yesterday evening at the last moment.”
- May 12, 2021 – Random (sorta) Pic of the Day, Map for Barton Creek Greenbelt Near Us via Google Maps“…here goes a short quickshot pictorial of my 1st probe of the nearest Austin nature area new to us, one we’ve never explored before; all done yesterday evening at the last moment.”
- May 11, 2021 – Random (sorta) Pic of the Day, Absorbing Nature“…here goes a short quickshot pictorial of my 1st probe of the nearest Austin nature area new to us, one we’ve never explored before; all done yesterday evening at the last moment.”
Thanks again, everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html