Little Steps Poster ©Felipe Adan Lerma
More 6×6 watercolor with gouache painting, still life 🎨
Had thought I’d just be doing a hi-bye quick post tonight, Sheila’s been have one of her rare vertigo days, and we took it real easy through out the day.
But I did touch up the other small watercolor with gouache I mentioned in yesterdays post (featuring a figure vs a still life).
It’s also sketchy scratchy 😊 but I’m really enjoying playing with the new black absorbent ground for watercolors (and other water soluble media).
The late light of day when I finally touched this up and took a quick iPhone shot doesn’t capture well as I’d like, but does give some of the idea and feel I think.
I added some white gouache here and there along the window sills, along the table & goblet edges to balance against the floral in the cup.
What I’m finding, using the black absorbent ground is, watercolor, even thick fades into the black ground rather strongly. Sometimes to the good, sometimes too much so. Laying in the water soluble white gouache in thin to thick amounts lets watercolor on it to stand out much more so.
Water can then be dabbed or soaked in differing degrees into either, softening or spreading the effect. Dry brushed white gouache (I don’t other colors of gouache at this time) on the other hand can also more easily be scumbled, like oil paint particularly, on the black ground, creating that broken sketchy look of light.
Anyway, interesting stuff, and a lot to think about as I continue dabbling 😊
Stay strong everyone, stay creative – it’s what we are 💕
Series link – Aging Through Covid-19
Tonight’s suggested link is to a short newsletter from an artist I’ve been happily following for over a year. Tiffany Arp Daleo is exceptionally creative and prolific. Here she shares some of her colorful art and of working (painting) during the current virus crisis. I hope you’ll take the quick look and see what she’s up to 😊 April 2020 Making the Best of It! https://mailchi.mp/2a71dbf8f2c5/april-2020-making-the-best-of-it?e=081b8453f6
Do you have good, positive, useful or encouraging info to share? Please post in the moderated comments below 😊
Note: Each time I post while doing this series (may it be a short series, but if so, for positive reasons 😊), I’ll post one or more links to posts I feel are worth seeing or reading. Some will be COVID-19 specific, some just uplifting, some encouraging via exercise or nutrition etc, but all within the rubric of what we’re all facing tougher ❤️
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- February 28, 2021 – My Most Viewed Image This Week @FineArtAmerica, Watercolor, “Charcoal Mountain”Using one of Arteza’s black brush pens, it shows the pen’s exceptional ability to lay down thick and wash pigment (see image below). The thick nicely textured Canson XL watercolor paper of course helps too 😊
- February 27, 2021 – (Manageable) Adverse Reaction After My 1st of 2 Covid Shots + Info re Reporting Adverse Reaction InfoIt’s been an interesting slight roller coaster for me since getting my 1st of 2 Moderna Covid shots recently!
- February 26, 2021 – Day After Our 1st of 2 Covid Shots + Info re 2nd ShotThe young lady above fared fairly well 1st day after our 1st of 2 Moderna Covid shots 😊 A sore arm, a little tired, but able and willing to do today’s SilverSneakers Cardio class! Me? Well 😏
- February 25, 2021 – Got Our 1st of 2 Covid Shots Today!Reposting my FB post here…And a bit more info in general below my pic 😊
- February 25, 2021 – Austin Winter Storm, Is It a Wrap?Is our #TexasFreeze winter storm over? A wrap? Done and ready to be forgotten?
- February 24, 2021 – The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number I.2.1 – with CommentaryI’ve no real idea if this is common, a little common, or just plain uncommon, lol, to other artists.
- February 23, 2021 – Texas Hill Country November – circa 2021 Watercolor – Adan’s PhotoPoemsThough an abstract, I think one of the things I like best about Texas Hill Country November, is it captures a little of the sense of the authentic the Texas landscaped outside….
Thanks again, everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html