Little Steps Poster ©Felipe Adan Lerma
More 6×6 watercolor with gouache painting, still life 🎨
Had thought I’d just be doing a hi-bye quick post tonight, Sheila’s been have one of her rare vertigo days, and we took it real easy through out the day.
But I did touch up the other small watercolor with gouache I mentioned in yesterdays post (featuring a figure vs a still life).
It’s also sketchy scratchy 😊 but I’m really enjoying playing with the new black absorbent ground for watercolors (and other water soluble media).
The late light of day when I finally touched this up and took a quick iPhone shot doesn’t capture well as I’d like, but does give some of the idea and feel I think.
I added some white gouache here and there along the window sills, along the table & goblet edges to balance against the floral in the cup.
What I’m finding, using the black absorbent ground is, watercolor, even thick fades into the black ground rather strongly. Sometimes to the good, sometimes too much so. Laying in the water soluble white gouache in thin to thick amounts lets watercolor on it to stand out much more so.
Water can then be dabbed or soaked in differing degrees into either, softening or spreading the effect. Dry brushed white gouache (I don’t other colors of gouache at this time) on the other hand can also more easily be scumbled, like oil paint particularly, on the black ground, creating that broken sketchy look of light.
Anyway, interesting stuff, and a lot to think about as I continue dabbling 😊
Stay strong everyone, stay creative – it’s what we are 💕
Series link – Aging Through Covid-19
Tonight’s suggested link is to a short newsletter from an artist I’ve been happily following for over a year. Tiffany Arp Daleo is exceptionally creative and prolific. Here she shares some of her colorful art and of working (painting) during the current virus crisis. I hope you’ll take the quick look and see what she’s up to 😊 April 2020 Making the Best of It! https://mailchi.mp/2a71dbf8f2c5/april-2020-making-the-best-of-it?e=081b8453f6
Do you have good, positive, useful or encouraging info to share? Please post in the moderated comments below 😊
Note: Each time I post while doing this series (may it be a short series, but if so, for positive reasons 😊), I’ll post one or more links to posts I feel are worth seeing or reading. Some will be COVID-19 specific, some just uplifting, some encouraging via exercise or nutrition etc, but all within the rubric of what we’re all facing tougher ❤️
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
Painting Instruction Videos https://amzn.to/2ZNgxfi
Painting Instruction Prime Video https://amzn.to/35oeMq2
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- Happy Thanksgiving 2020Happy Thanksgiving 2020! Though we’ve obviously many many challenges and problems, we’ve also much to be grateful for.
- The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number III.3.2“Gently, he rubbed at a few spots he knew were extra tough, noticing a tender lone hair nearby….”
- The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number III.3.1“Face held still, eyes wide open, Arturo examined his features and almost grizzly, mostly grey beard in the ancient mirror that Anna’s dad said was original to the old fisherman’s hut.”
- Tweets That Caught My Eye on Twitter – Elle Justine @only1elle #PoetArtist“My sample above is, for me, quite haunting….”
- The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number III.2.4“Only the colorful cows on canvases, t-shirts, and life size embellished sculptures reminded him of Texas, but not of his own art….”
- Skydancer the Book, By Our Daughter, Tania, Now Available in Spanish! – Bailarina del cieloMany of my readers are familiar with my posts detailing our youngest daughter’s readings and book adventures with her illustrated children’s book, Skydancer! It’s now is also available in Spanish in a beautifully produced paper edition – Bailarina del cielo – Ballerina of the Sky!
- The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number III.2.3“‘It’s a new visual language for me,’ he told Rosetta at a local artists’ show….”
Thanks again, everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html