Little Steps Poster ©Felipe Adan Lerma
More watercolor 6×6 figure painting 🎨
Had planned a much bigger post about this painting but still working out a few details, plus want to show some pre-finished aspects vs the finished work, so probably best for a stand along post, like my 2nd post about my new pricing at Fine Art America.
Also, this is my 1st completed work on Daniel Smith’s black absorbent ground, and, using white gouache, which is water based like watercolors, and I’ve several things I really like I “think” I’m seeing using both, especially against the dark background!
Today I also worked on a 2nd piece with the same black absorbent ground, white gouache, and watercolors, so the stand alone post makes even better sense if I include both in that.
Meanwhile 😊 here’s the 1st painting, a new figure piece (the 2nd is a still life).
I call it Kissed By the Moon 🌙
I like the scratchy sketchy look of it, and found the unfinished feel strangely satisfying, like it’s hinting at so much more to come, lol! My wife says it has intrigue and mystery to her. I’m gonna take it she likes it 😊
Stay strong everyone, stay creative in any way that appeals to you & makes you hopeful 💕
Series link – Aging Through Covid-19
Dianne Mize has a new YouTube art tip video today in her newsletter, IN LIGHT OF COLOR TEMPERATURE, that sounds interesting 👩🎤 It’s described as, “…answers a subscriber’s question about how a light source can effect the temperature of a scene.” – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x452ekExi2g .
Do you have good, positive, useful or encouraging info to share? Please post in the moderated comments below 😊
Note: Each time I post while doing this series (may it be a short series, but if so, for positive reasons 😊), I’ll post one or more links to posts I feel are worth seeing or reading. Some will be COVID-19 specific, some just uplifting, some encouraging via exercise or nutrition etc, but all within the rubric of what we’re all facing tougher ❤️
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- September 17, 2021 – New Most Viewed Image For the Week @FineArtAmerica, “Fantasy Walk” : Watercolor on Canvas on Light Molding Paste, #ContemporaryImpressionismSome times, some days, the little things, like the big things, if they are good and hopeful, then they are helpful.
- September 16, 2021 – Reblog(s) : Graham McQuade, Benchmarks 1 & 2 (Acrylic Painting) #figureartThis necessarily (on my part) a short post due to some time constraints, although I should add, Graham’s posts will be a quick read. They’re short, tight with information. What will take a little time, if you notice the time 😊 is….
- September 15, 2021 – Birds at Pfluger Bridge Austin @FineArtAmericaBirds at Pfluger Bridge Austin is an 11×14 oil painting I finished a little over 3 years ago, but never wrote up about individually on my blog. I realized this was the case when I tried to find my WordPress image from an older blog post to include in my most recent post; about birds of course 😊 Why I hadn’t done a post, announcing when I’d uploaded it to Fine Art America is simply that I….
- September 14, 2021 – Playing with 4K Video to Grab Still ShotsNow that we’ve had our bird feeder up a few months at our new location, we’ve come across a wider variety of birds (and other critters) and’ve been working at grabbing shots of birds in motion I might could use for sketches and such 🦅
- September 13, 2021 – Something New For Me! Sketching with Austin’s #UrbanSketchers Group! What a Treat!While I think my 1st sketch of the morning (below) was a bit sparse I really like the colors; and while my 2nd sketch (top, header image) was a bit busy even for me, it seems to have more….
- September 12, 2021 – Reblog/Review : Website, Claude Monet (Paintings, Biography, and Quotes)There is SO much good information, and beautiful images, on this site ( claude-monet.com ) it’s almost an embarrassment of riches! Meaning I can’t believe, despite my half-century+ enchantment with impressionism, esp Monet & Renoir) I never came across it before! In fact, I’m still coming across new material; not to mention the staggering review of much of Monet’s art work!
- September 11, 2021 – “Fantasy Walk” : Figure Art on Light Molding Paste on Canvas, Calling it Done, Sorta….Developing this painting has been more lesson on do’s and don’t’s I think than of completing a finished work, though I also think I’m gonna have to call this one done and move on. Looking at the image sequence from top to bottom, working from finish back to my start, I can see several “things” I’d’ve done differently. Most obvious now is I shoulda left a….
Thanks again, everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html