Little Steps Poster ©Felipe Adan Lerma
More watercolor 6×6 figure painting 🎨
Had planned a much bigger post about this painting but still working out a few details, plus want to show some pre-finished aspects vs the finished work, so probably best for a stand along post, like my 2nd post about my new pricing at Fine Art America.
Also, this is my 1st completed work on Daniel Smith’s black absorbent ground, and, using white gouache, which is water based like watercolors, and I’ve several things I really like I “think” I’m seeing using both, especially against the dark background!
Today I also worked on a 2nd piece with the same black absorbent ground, white gouache, and watercolors, so the stand alone post makes even better sense if I include both in that.
Meanwhile 😊 here’s the 1st painting, a new figure piece (the 2nd is a still life).
I call it Kissed By the Moon 🌙
I like the scratchy sketchy look of it, and found the unfinished feel strangely satisfying, like it’s hinting at so much more to come, lol! My wife says it has intrigue and mystery to her. I’m gonna take it she likes it 😊
Stay strong everyone, stay creative in any way that appeals to you & makes you hopeful 💕
Series link – Aging Through Covid-19
Dianne Mize has a new YouTube art tip video today in her newsletter, IN LIGHT OF COLOR TEMPERATURE, that sounds interesting 👩🎤 It’s described as, “…answers a subscriber’s question about how a light source can effect the temperature of a scene.” – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x452ekExi2g .
Do you have good, positive, useful or encouraging info to share? Please post in the moderated comments below 😊
Note: Each time I post while doing this series (may it be a short series, but if so, for positive reasons 😊), I’ll post one or more links to posts I feel are worth seeing or reading. Some will be COVID-19 specific, some just uplifting, some encouraging via exercise or nutrition etc, but all within the rubric of what we’re all facing tougher ❤️
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- June 20, 2021 – Happy Father’s Day!Xxxxxxxx
- June 19, 2021 – Reblog : 10 Ways To Observe #Juneteenth This Year (via Women’s Health)Reblog – Women’s Health, 10 Ways To Observe Juneteenth This Year
- June18, 2021 – What Makes Dappled Light Work? It Almost Always Looks Good!Being in and around a changing if steady light at the greenbelt near us has given me the visual impetus to actually think about something I’ve long liked in much of Renoir’s and other impressionists’ art work – dappled light.
- June 17, 2021 – Update for Delivering Art for the Reopening of The Old Bakery and Emporium (across from the State Capital) Austin, TexasAlmost a month ago I posted pics of Sheila and I making our 1st visit in over a year to the Old Bakery & Emporium where I show and sell a variety of images and writings…One of the nicer surprise developments has been a request to offer prints of my 7 unit Volleyball series.
- June 16, 2021 – Interesting Tweets I’ve Spotted RecentlyBelow are random tweets I liked for some reason – uplifting, funny, inspiring, informative, hopeful, pretty..something good or encouraging at the least 😊
- June 15, 2021 – My New Upload @FineArtAmerica – Violet Crown Trail Morning (Digital Art) PosterThough most of my hikes to the Barton Springs Greenbelt nearby are still exploratory, even when taking the 8 year old along 😊, I am beginning to recognize when I need, and want, to be there.
- June 14, 2021 – Volleyball Server Poster, My Newest #SportsPoetry Upload @FineArtAmericaLast of my 7 Volleyball theme posters, Volleyball Server Poster, is now available on Fine Art America as both prints and gift items! 😊
Thanks again, everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html