Little Steps Poster ©Felipe Adan Lerma
109 Year Old Texas Survivor of the 1918 Pandemic Remembers ❤️
Well nothing as exciting as yesterday with our 39th anniversary and being chosen as May Artist of the Month by Austin’s Creative Art Society, but did see/experience a remarkable pandemic survivor’s story!
Only, she’s a survivor of the 1918 Flu Pandemic!
Seven years old when the epidemic a century ago started, she has an incredible if short 2 minute story to tell in this video.
The sense of time and this woman’s down to earth dignity and clarity of memory are, for my wife and I, inspiring!
We saw it on Austin’s local KVUE news but I couldn’t find the video from them, but did find it both on YouTube, and on WFAA, I think a station out of Dallas.
There’s a short commercial at the beginning, then the video.
At two minutes, it’ll stick with you forever 💕
Keep growing memories to live and learn by everyone. We depend on them. And one day someone else may depend on you for the same connection ♥️
Series link – Aging Through Covid-19
Do you have good, positive, useful or encouraging info to share? Please post in the moderated comments below 😊
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- February 25, 2021 – Austin Winter Storm, Is It a Wrap?Is our #TexasFreeze winter storm over? A wrap? Done and ready to be forgotten?
- February 24, 2021 – The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number I.2.1 – with CommentaryI’ve no real idea if this is common, a little common, or just plain uncommon, lol, to other artists.
- February 23, 2021 – Texas Hill Country November – circa 2021 Watercolor – Adan’s PhotoPoemsThough an abstract, I think one of the things I like best about Texas Hill Country November, is it captures a little of the sense of the authentic the Texas landscaped outside….
- February 22, 2021 – Austin Winter Storm, Power is On, Water is Running, Boil Ban is Canceled, and – I Shaved!It’s hard to express the relief in again having the taken-for-granted luxury of running water, power to heat and cool our air and bodies, and being able to stand with family, even if for a short time, even if we knew we’d all four had to have been social distancing / masking – even if out doors in our relatively fresh Austin city air.
- February 21, 2021 – Austin Winter Storm, Hope is a Wet Blue Line and One Brave Bird in a TreeMy apologies for the break in communication continuity since yesterday morning – it’s been a rough but promising ride, and, I got my own answer as to how come the phrase/idea, “Why the Caged Bird Sings” has always appealed to me 😊
- February 20, 2021 – Austin Winter Storm, Possible Light End of A Cold TunnelThe Texas Tribune has lots of articles examining both the overall and details of this disaster. A major component, as voiced from different directions, is cost —
- February 19, 2021 – Austin Winter Storm, The Light in the ColdThe Texas Tribune has lots of articles examining both the overall and details of this disaster. A major component, as voiced from different directions, is cost —
Thanks again, everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html