Little Steps Poster ©Felipe Adan Lerma
109 Year Old Texas Survivor of the 1918 Pandemic Remembers ❤️
Well nothing as exciting as yesterday with our 39th anniversary and being chosen as May Artist of the Month by Austin’s Creative Art Society, but did see/experience a remarkable pandemic survivor’s story!
Only, she’s a survivor of the 1918 Flu Pandemic!
Seven years old when the epidemic a century ago started, she has an incredible if short 2 minute story to tell in this video.
The sense of time and this woman’s down to earth dignity and clarity of memory are, for my wife and I, inspiring!
We saw it on Austin’s local KVUE news but I couldn’t find the video from them, but did find it both on YouTube, and on WFAA, I think a station out of Dallas.
There’s a short commercial at the beginning, then the video.
At two minutes, it’ll stick with you forever 💕
Keep growing memories to live and learn by everyone. We depend on them. And one day someone else may depend on you for the same connection ♥️
Series link – Aging Through Covid-19
Do you have good, positive, useful or encouraging info to share? Please post in the moderated comments below 😊
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- Easy Morning – New Watercolor #FigureArt on Absorbent Ground, May 2020Easy Morning, new watercolor on absorbent ground 6×6 gallery wrap canvas #figureart My newest figure work had the usual tug and pull process painting it 😊 I really like the soft gentle feel of it, and especially like the look my wife got seeing it ❤️
- At Rest With Nature – New Watercolor on Absorbent Ground, May 2020At Peace With Nature has several firsts for me. One, it’s a 5×7 stretched canvas, another size like my recent 6×12, A Walk Among the Wildflowers, I haven’t done in quite awhile, certainly even further back by maybe even decades, lol! It’s an interesting size, being small, yet enabling and enhancing the sense of length or height, like the 6×12, but more subtly.
- Aging Through Covid-19, May 27, 2020Personal Transitions During Stay-at-Home Distancing No BIG in the typical sense of what I tend to think “big” life change/transitions are, but with no blog post for 5 or 6 days, I gave up figuring out the exact # of days, lol, I felt compelled to say a little something.
- Aging Through Covid-19, May 26, 2020Photo Lessons for Dummies by BE KITSCHIG is a superb humor laden look at the all too common pitfalls and inadvertent mistakes we all non-professionals make with our cameras 😂
- A Walk Among the WildFlowers – New Watercolor on Absorbent Ground, May 2020As one can tell by my photo below, I took a few liberties, but to some extent, that happens whether I plan it or not, lol 😂 But I like the result too much to alter anything on it. Another version, another time, will elicit a different response, and I do think this is one motif I’ll want to do more of, vs variations for just practice 😊
- Aging Through Covid-19, May 20, 2020A bit of news out of my home state of Texas. For the past decade, the two main political parties of that state have battled in and out of court in regard to things vote related. Actually seemingly everything vote related, lol!
- Covid-19 Visit to Lady Bird Wildflower Center May 2020 💐First trip I can think of for Sheila & myself, much less with Max, since maybe pre-Covid! 💕 Short, less than 2 hours, and less than 15 minutes from home, but what a treat! 😊
Thanks again, everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html