Little Steps Poster ©Felipe Adan Lerma
109 Year Old Texas Survivor of the 1918 Pandemic Remembers ❤️
Well nothing as exciting as yesterday with our 39th anniversary and being chosen as May Artist of the Month by Austin’s Creative Art Society, but did see/experience a remarkable pandemic survivor’s story!
Only, she’s a survivor of the 1918 Flu Pandemic!
Seven years old when the epidemic a century ago started, she has an incredible if short 2 minute story to tell in this video.
The sense of time and this woman’s down to earth dignity and clarity of memory are, for my wife and I, inspiring!
We saw it on Austin’s local KVUE news but I couldn’t find the video from them, but did find it both on YouTube, and on WFAA, I think a station out of Dallas.
There’s a short commercial at the beginning, then the video.
At two minutes, it’ll stick with you forever 💕
Keep growing memories to live and learn by everyone. We depend on them. And one day someone else may depend on you for the same connection ♥️
Series link – Aging Through Covid-19
Do you have good, positive, useful or encouraging info to share? Please post in the moderated comments below 😊
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number III.4.3“…after he transferred the new images to their old laptop, they arrowed-down their day in pictures in silence.”
- The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number III.4.2“Arturo felt he was on the verge of a new visual frontier. The short Vermont summer stretched itself full for both Arturo and Rosetta. Morning light began before five. And evenings glowed past nine.“
- Tweets That Caught My Eye on Twitter – Regina Puckett @ReginaPucket #WriterPoetArtist“Prolific, to describe Regina and her body of work, feels like saying the world is round and filled with astounding diversity of life….”
- The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number III.4.1“Arturo chose a small digital camera from several available from students graduating and leaving the area….”
- Happy Thanksgiving 2020Happy Thanksgiving 2020! Though we’ve obviously many many challenges and problems, we’ve also much to be grateful for.
- The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number III.3.2“Gently, he rubbed at a few spots he knew were extra tough, noticing a tender lone hair nearby….”
- The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number III.3.1“Face held still, eyes wide open, Arturo examined his features and almost grizzly, mostly grey beard in the ancient mirror that Anna’s dad said was original to the old fisherman’s hut.”
Thanks again, everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html