Little Steps Poster ©Felipe Adan Lerma
109 Year Old Texas Survivor of the 1918 Pandemic Remembers ❤️
Well nothing as exciting as yesterday with our 39th anniversary and being chosen as May Artist of the Month by Austin’s Creative Art Society, but did see/experience a remarkable pandemic survivor’s story!
Only, she’s a survivor of the 1918 Flu Pandemic!
Seven years old when the epidemic a century ago started, she has an incredible if short 2 minute story to tell in this video.
The sense of time and this woman’s down to earth dignity and clarity of memory are, for my wife and I, inspiring!
We saw it on Austin’s local KVUE news but I couldn’t find the video from them, but did find it both on YouTube, and on WFAA, I think a station out of Dallas.
There’s a short commercial at the beginning, then the video.
At two minutes, it’ll stick with you forever 💕
Keep growing memories to live and learn by everyone. We depend on them. And one day someone else may depend on you for the same connection ♥️
Series link – Aging Through Covid-19
Do you have good, positive, useful or encouraging info to share? Please post in the moderated comments below 😊
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number II.6.1“They sat side by side in the booth, talking about their family, the weather….”
- The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number II.5.1“Much like art, Arturo thought to himself, walking up the stone-touched step way to a nearby church where they taught other seniors, yes, produce from the heart….”
- Tweets That Caught My Eye on Twitter – Tina @Tina69911364 #LyricLandscape“Tina’s sharing of impressionist painter Richard Schmid’s image, plus Patricia Hampl’s evocative words, strikes a deep chord in me.“
- The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number II.4.1“Their exhausted satisfaction with their day at the art festival, left Rosetta and Arturo surprisingly wanting, needing, their own personal exhaustion, with each other.“
- September 19, 2020 – Turning 70 in One Month Yet Feeling Like 16 Still Stuck in Time – But, This Time I Get to Vote“I remember distinctly hearing this song many places many times through several years while in high school, but especially early on.“
- The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number II.3.4“… he felt his body resting upon the bed.”
- Aging Gracefully During Covid-19 : The Seasons – and Hopefully The Times – Are A Changin’“Doubts about whether 70 would actually be that major a marker for me, in terms of how hard and how far to push myself, held me back from developing thIs post though, until today!“
Thanks again, everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html