There’s not a lot to elaborate on I can think of right now, why I felt the need, or room so to speak, to tweak out four digital variations, of Awash in Dreams.
Sometimes I spend a lot of time debating which variations to keep, which to toss, I come up with, from any one of my originals. This time around the process just seemed to slip by without as much stutter and hesitation – much the way this painting came about.
One of my first attempts to see what I could produce on transparent absorbent ground on canvas, the milky streaky look is inherent in the way the ground dried. Dick Blick says it should’ve been fully transparent and was very helpful with the order. I’m beginning to think, as my wife and I’ve started using a water filter on our hard Texas water (one of a handful with super hard water, ie, lots of minerals etc), that that may have been the cause of the cloudiness.
Nevertheless, I was determined to experiment anyway 😊
Probably because I saw the painting as, not a throw-away, but an impossible to gauge ahead of time piece, I gave myself liberty with my brush and color work, using accent lines freely. The closest I’ve come to that feel since then I think is, Easy Morning.
Awash in Dreams appeals to me still as a dreamy sweet piece ❤️
My first digital variation, below, I call “Modern” —
Awash in Dreams Modern Digital was an unintended stop along the process to something else I was seeing I could create.
To me, it recalls Modern art pieces I’ve seen but don’t know well enough to recall much in terms of titles or artist – I guess, then, really, just my impression of what modern art kinda looks like, lol! Milton Avery, in a lighter mode, comes to mind, though I pieces of his I remember are clean clear cuts of colors; work I really like btw. I also like the way the colors “flipped” from my original, creating a totally differing feel I think.
Below, is what I couldn’t think but call my Egyptian variation 😊
Awash in Dreams Digital Egyptian, darker, obviously, and just gave me the feel of a stone tomb or Pharoah level quarters, though I even more obviously have no direct experience of either, just from movies & TV! And I probably wouldn’t’ve keep it as a variation to share, except the lighter colors – highlights? – really jumped and gave me the feeling of candle or moonlight. That latter feature’s what confirmed keep this variation, despite it’s similarity to Awash in Dreams Digital Modern.
It’s amazing really, still amazing after all they years of painting & photography, how a tweak in the light can change an image so profoundly, especially in it’s feel.
Below is a clear change of pace, and my first ”small-tile” version of any of my work since nearly a decade ago! That former one didn’t go too well, lol, which tells me why it’s been so long since I tried more digital tile are; the “glass” filter version, though, in that early post I still like a lot – all via Photoshop, “way” back 😊 –
Awash in Dreams Digital Tile Art —
The clarity of the tile work is more visible on the FAA site, the colors brighter and clearly defined.
I almost didn’t do a mandela for this piece, but thought the grey greens in this version were particularly lovely, especially like for a yoga mat or such 😊
I hope these variations give you both pleasure, and inspiration for your own work, and possibly even affirmation that what you’re doing yourself is really as good or even much better! It’s not a competition, folks will buy what they will buy, like what they will like, but it’s good to see what other artists are coming up with 😊
All the best everyone! Stay healthy! ❤️
My Paintings Collection at Fine Art America –
My Digital Art Collection at Fine Art America –
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
Painting Instruction Videos https://amzn.to/2ZNgxfi
Painting Instruction Prime Video https://amzn.to/35oeMq2
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- Election 2020 – 6 Days to Election Day“My feeling is we need a national voting law or act that universalizes voting rights and procedures for all of us, of any political party, from top to bottom, in all voting jurisdictions in our country. “Vote, and vote early everyone! 😊 🇺🇸 “
- Election 2020 – 7 Days to Election DayMy feeling is we need a national voting law or act that universalizes voting rights and procedures for all of us, of any political party, from top to bottom, in all voting jurisdictions in our country. Vote, and vote early everyone! 😊 🇺🇸
- Election 2020 – 8 Days to Election Day“I’m putting my regular posting on hold (‘cept for an art post or so 😊) until after the election…Meanwhile I’ll try to….”
- The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number II.18.1“One of the nicer things Arturo and Rosetta had learned from years of living in Galveston was the enjoyment of living near nature.“
- The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number II.17.3“Senior classes, in general, were too non-stop, with little variety, and little information about how each routine benefited them. The idea seemed to be to….”
- Tweets That Caught My Eye on Twitter – Sarah Loft @SMaureneLoft #AbstractConstruction“I’ve watched and enjoyed and shared her work as she herself struggled with varying illnesses, never wavering in her commitment to both share hers and others’ work, plus remaining creative herself.“
- The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number II.17.2“Trying various fitness classes meant an effort, together, to find a common ground again….”
Thanks again, everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html