Easy Morning, new watercolor on absorbent ground
6×6 gallery wrap canvas
My newest figure work had the usual tug and pull process painting it 😊
I really like the soft gentle feel of it, and especially like the look my wife got seeing it ❤️
The biggest difference between this work and my more recent 5×7, At Rest With Nature, and really all previous work is, this time – after applying and letting the absorbent white ground dry – I coated the surface with M. Graham’s white watercolor gouache (vs acrylic gouache).
I think this, plus the difference in tooth between the canvas and gesso on the At Rest With Nature 5×7 I absorbent ground & painted, made this work much closer to the softness I wanted for the image.
Though it’s possible I’ve found, with multiple coats of absorbent ground on the gesso’d canvas, I can also get a smoother feel, it takes time and a lot more precious material. Applying white gouache of course also adds time and material cost, but is more helpful with a soft look I feel, probably ‘cause the damp paint softens into and blends with the white gouache underneath. Some future work applied the same way will hopefully test that out!
Stay well everyone! Take it easy – smile! ❤️
I know I need to remind myself ☺️
[ Update 121120 – a PhotoPoem post featuring Easy Morning was uploaded 08.06.20 ]
Other watercolor figure work in posts on my site –
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- January 01, 2023 – Happy New Year! : My Most Viewed Image the Last Week of 2022 @FineArtAmerica, Little Steps PosterA wonderfully fitting image as my most viewed this past week, the last week, of 2022 – Little Steps, my poster version ❤️ 🙏 ☺️
- December 18, 2022 – 1st Return Appearance Since Spring : My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, Blue with Gold Twilight – #PanoramaOcean waves of blue fill our skies and seas, cascading sighs and whispers of inspiration with each breath.
- December 11, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Morning Light in Barton Springs Greenbelt, Austin Poster” ( circa 2021 ) #AustinTexas #AustinPhotographyMorning Light Poster also recently sold at the Old Bakery and Emporium 🙏😌
- December 03, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Costa Rica Sunset Panorama” : circa 2017I almost skipped even posting about it, but at 4x the views of the nearest most viewed of my images, I needed to drag myself out of my whatever-it-is recent posting stagnation, lol!
- November 21, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Dispatcher” : circa 2011I thought Dispatcher had once already been one of my most viewed of my work on Fine Art America, but I guess not! 😊 It’s been a popular poem, and with the holidays upon us, a great choice as a print or coffee mug ☕️ 🇺🇸
- November 13, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Cypress Creek Mid Afternoon Mid October” : Circa 2019Very unusual to have so many photos from my collection of images at Fine Art America show up among my 12 most viewed images there at FAA, and for so many showing up for the 1st time….
- November 08, 2022 – The Mid-Term Elections 2022 : This is It! If the Elections Are Important to You…VOTE!!!If the elections are important to you – vote! 😊🇺🇸🙏
Thanks again, everyone! 😊