Easy Morning, new watercolor on absorbent ground
6×6 gallery wrap canvas
My newest figure work had the usual tug and pull process painting it 😊
I really like the soft gentle feel of it, and especially like the look my wife got seeing it ❤️
The biggest difference between this work and my more recent 5×7, At Rest With Nature, and really all previous work is, this time – after applying and letting the absorbent white ground dry – I coated the surface with M. Graham’s white watercolor gouache (vs acrylic gouache).
I think this, plus the difference in tooth between the canvas and gesso on the At Rest With Nature 5×7 I absorbent ground & painted, made this work much closer to the softness I wanted for the image.
Though it’s possible I’ve found, with multiple coats of absorbent ground on the gesso’d canvas, I can also get a smoother feel, it takes time and a lot more precious material. Applying white gouache of course also adds time and material cost, but is more helpful with a soft look I feel, probably ‘cause the damp paint softens into and blends with the white gouache underneath. Some future work applied the same way will hopefully test that out!
Stay well everyone! Take it easy – smile! ❤️
I know I need to remind myself ☺️
[ Update 121120 – a PhotoPoem post featuring Easy Morning was uploaded 08.06.20 ]
Other watercolor figure work in posts on my site –
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- February 28, 2021 – My Most Viewed Image This Week @FineArtAmerica, Watercolor, “Charcoal Mountain”Using one of Arteza’s black brush pens, it shows the pen’s exceptional ability to lay down thick and wash pigment (see image below). The thick nicely textured Canson XL watercolor paper of course helps too 😊
- February 27, 2021 – (Manageable) Adverse Reaction After My 1st of 2 Covid Shots + Info re Reporting Adverse Reaction InfoIt’s been an interesting slight roller coaster for me since getting my 1st of 2 Moderna Covid shots recently!
- February 26, 2021 – Day After Our 1st of 2 Covid Shots + Info re 2nd ShotThe young lady above fared fairly well 1st day after our 1st of 2 Moderna Covid shots 😊 A sore arm, a little tired, but able and willing to do today’s SilverSneakers Cardio class! Me? Well 😏
- February 25, 2021 – Got Our 1st of 2 Covid Shots Today!Reposting my FB post here…And a bit more info in general below my pic 😊
- February 25, 2021 – Austin Winter Storm, Is It a Wrap?Is our #TexasFreeze winter storm over? A wrap? Done and ready to be forgotten?
- February 24, 2021 – The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number I.2.1 – with CommentaryI’ve no real idea if this is common, a little common, or just plain uncommon, lol, to other artists.
- February 23, 2021 – Texas Hill Country November – circa 2021 Watercolor – Adan’s PhotoPoemsThough an abstract, I think one of the things I like best about Texas Hill Country November, is it captures a little of the sense of the authentic the Texas landscaped outside….
Thanks again, everyone! 😊