Needless to say, all my plans for today went out the window with the storming of our nation’s capital. It is, I believe, a result of centuries of the both the development of the right to vote to a larger and larger segment of our society, and an effort to obstruct that expansion.
Back in late October to the election of 2020 in early November, I ran a short series about the events of the process of our election, mostly focusing on the fights between the Republican Party to limit voting access, and efforts by the Democratic Party to expand it.
To be clear, and this from the little I probably truly understand of the development of our right to vote in our country, at times it was the Democratic Party obstructing minorities’ right to vote – women, Latinos, Blacks, and anyone else opposed to an agenda of restricting the vote except to those most like themselves. More recently, I believe, it’s been the Republican Party. Originally the party of Lincoln.
So this fight’s been going on a long long time.
And it will continue unless the party I supported to expand and protect our rights to vote this past election make it near impossible for an opposing political group or state or religion to again curb our right to vote if something isn’t how they like it.
We are a plurality.
And we best get used to it, and as one group ironically.
Because one day, not that much further ahead, even if beyond my own time, where bio-engineered humans may not think much of us random DNA types 😏
Or hybrid human-machines think much of pure humans, whatever that might be by then, lol!
Our best hope, now and then, is an iron clad re-count proof accessible-to-all way to vote that ensures, even if we don’t like the result, the vote was fair. And it’s law. The Rule of Law.
Happy continued New Years everyone!
Blessings to us all! 💕
— Please click tweet above to like or share 😊
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Amazon search for Democracy –
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- May 15, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Spring Rising”I’d done a lot of deep or darker night-like paintings for a bit, so it felt pretty nice to lighten up my palette for awhile. Working back & forth, from the two approaches – playing the potential good from both approaches seems to suit my Libra middle, lol!
- May 14, 2022 – My 1st Classical Stretch Workout with Miranda Esmonde-White ( via YouTube ) in Many Months!Though similar to SilverSneakers’ classes, Miranda’s classes focus largely on making the fascia network in our bodies more fluid. Some movements are very similar, but more extended, dance-like, reflecting Miranda’s ballerina and dance background!
- May 13, 2022 – “Angel” in AVAA’s 1st Austin Art Space Gallery and Studio Group Show in a Long Time!Just a very quick post to announce that my 18×24 inch acrylic on stretched canvas, Angel – has been accepted into Austin Visual Arts Association’s ( AVAA) 1st group show since ( I believe ) the pandemic. Definitely been a long time coming and feels great to be able to be showing with this long time Austin art association again! 😊
- May 12, 2022 – Updated My #Twitter Header Image and Pinned TweetThough Twitter’s future is up in the air, or ether, or virtual landscape; and my own “footprint” there and social media in general is micro-whatever, lol! — it’s still my micro existence, and I want to care for it best I can 😊
- May 11, 2022 – Reblog / Review : Joan Mitchell, “I carry my landscapes around with me” – #Polyptychs…my reading of Joan Mitchell’s work – while often including much of that same connection, speaks more directly to me about the impact of the canvas before me in that process. Especially most specifically in regard to Joan’s work with multi-panel / multi-canvas works of art – ie, polyptychs!
- May 10, 2022 – BW Impressionist Abstract 1, Completed!A few posts back, about a new diptych in-progress, Freedom, in the 2nd 1/2 of the post, I mentioned having another in-progress work, BW Impressionist Abstract 1, that the 9 year old ( our youngest grandchild ) said he really liked, but wanted more “gold” in it, and pointed out where & how much more gold paint 😊 So I took him at his word & did the changes –
- May 09, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, 2nd Time This Year My Top 3 Most Viewed Images Are Photographs!Part of what I find fascinating about this posting’s top 3 viewed of my images at Fine Art America, is that all 3 are BW, or mostly so! As fascinating is I’ve also had a series of intermittent paintings of featuring mostly dark tones, even some with gold tones, like as seen in Bridge into the Night above. Among them have been —
Thanks again, everyone! 😊