Needless to say, all my plans for today went out the window with the storming of our nation’s capital. It is, I believe, a result of centuries of the both the development of the right to vote to a larger and larger segment of our society, and an effort to obstruct that expansion.
Back in late October to the election of 2020 in early November, I ran a short series about the events of the process of our election, mostly focusing on the fights between the Republican Party to limit voting access, and efforts by the Democratic Party to expand it.
To be clear, and this from the little I probably truly understand of the development of our right to vote in our country, at times it was the Democratic Party obstructing minorities’ right to vote – women, Latinos, Blacks, and anyone else opposed to an agenda of restricting the vote except to those most like themselves. More recently, I believe, it’s been the Republican Party. Originally the party of Lincoln.
So this fight’s been going on a long long time.
And it will continue unless the party I supported to expand and protect our rights to vote this past election make it near impossible for an opposing political group or state or religion to again curb our right to vote if something isn’t how they like it.
We are a plurality.
And we best get used to it, and as one group ironically.
Because one day, not that much further ahead, even if beyond my own time, where bio-engineered humans may not think much of us random DNA types 😏
Or hybrid human-machines think much of pure humans, whatever that might be by then, lol!
Our best hope, now and then, is an iron clad re-count proof accessible-to-all way to vote that ensures, even if we don’t like the result, the vote was fair. And it’s law. The Rule of Law.
Happy continued New Years everyone!
Blessings to us all! 💕
— Please click tweet above to like or share 😊
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Amazon search for Democracy –
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- April 13, 2021 – Moving in Our 70s During Covid – Removing Pictures from the WallsYesterday was a small but significant day in our move-prep days, I took down the remainder of our paintings and pictures from the walls.
- April 12, 2021 – My Most Viewed Image This Week @FineArtAmerica, Inspiring Gift Writing, “Volleyball Setter Poster 2”It’s very neat to see my new visual design for Volleyball Setter hit the mark of most-seen last week at Fine Art America!
- April 11, 2021 – Poetry Titles and Covers That Caught my Eye on AmazonI was tweeting some poetry titles I’d found & liked on Amazon and thought, a short tweet string of some of these might be interesting….
- April 10, 2021 – Interesting Tweets This WeekBelow are random tweets I liked for some reason – uplifting, funny, inspiring, informative, hopeful, pretty..something good or encouraging at the least 😊
- April 09, 2021 – Volleyball Blocker Poster, My Newest #Sports Gift Upload @FineArtAmericaQuick post to let folks know the 3rd of my seven Volleyball theme posters, Volleyball Blocker, is now available on Fine Art America as both prints and gift items!
- April 09, 2021 – Reading “How to Paint Like Turner” – Stirring Vestiges Inside Me I’d Almost Forgotten or Thrown AwayI bought this book because it has good reviews re seeing “how” JMW Turner evolved – his whole artistic life it appears – as an artist absorbed in the creative process.
- April 08, 2021 – Volleyball Poster, My Newest #Sports Gift Upload @FineArtAmericaAfter only having Volleyball Setter Poster available for a long time, I’ve finally begun uploading my full Volleyball sports poetry series, beginning with Volleyball Poster, onto Fine Art America! Additional Volleyball titles….
Thanks again, everyone! 😊