Needless to say, all my plans for today went out the window with the storming of our nation’s capital. It is, I believe, a result of centuries of the both the development of the right to vote to a larger and larger segment of our society, and an effort to obstruct that expansion.
Back in late October to the election of 2020 in early November, I ran a short series about the events of the process of our election, mostly focusing on the fights between the Republican Party to limit voting access, and efforts by the Democratic Party to expand it.
To be clear, and this from the little I probably truly understand of the development of our right to vote in our country, at times it was the Democratic Party obstructing minorities’ right to vote – women, Latinos, Blacks, and anyone else opposed to an agenda of restricting the vote except to those most like themselves. More recently, I believe, it’s been the Republican Party. Originally the party of Lincoln.
So this fight’s been going on a long long time.
And it will continue unless the party I supported to expand and protect our rights to vote this past election make it near impossible for an opposing political group or state or religion to again curb our right to vote if something isn’t how they like it.
We are a plurality.
And we best get used to it, and as one group ironically.
Because one day, not that much further ahead, even if beyond my own time, where bio-engineered humans may not think much of us random DNA types 😏
Or hybrid human-machines think much of pure humans, whatever that might be by then, lol!
Our best hope, now and then, is an iron clad re-count proof accessible-to-all way to vote that ensures, even if we don’t like the result, the vote was fair. And it’s law. The Rule of Law.
Happy continued New Years everyone!
Blessings to us all! 💕
— Please click tweet above to like or share 😊
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Amazon search for Democracy –
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- July 30, 2021 – What a Difference a New Keyboard Makes : LENRICH iPad pro 12.9 case with keyboardThis is an older now discontinued keyboard, but one of the few still available for my IPad Pro 2nd generation model (current model is 5th generation I believe), but I’m impressed with it enough to post about it and (if all continues well) my renewed ease of use not having to use the onscreen keyboard for blog posts, emails etc – that’s a big deal for me, lol! 😊
- July 29, 2021 – Whew! Yesterday Was a Day of Plowing Through, lol!Above is a picture of me November 2019 (notice the weather is warm but hot, finally 😊) and I look just a bit worn out? I’d just climbed the 218 steps to top of Old Baldy near Wimberley Texas! That’s kinda how I felt yesterday, only without as nice a view, lol! I’ll just say that….
- July 28, 2021 – New 25×40 #Acrylic on Canvas In-Progress : Barton Springs Greenbelt Indian SummerA chore heat filled day where my keyboard evidently is deciding it’s had it, lol! Hopefully I finish this post 😊 Basically I started the groundwork for my newest painting, acrylic, wanting to settle on my composition before hand, unlike how I handled my just finished watercolor, same size, where I inserted my figure at the end.
- July 27, 2021 – 4 Weeks Running! My Most Viewed Image For the Week @FineArtAmerica, Summer is a Lady : #Watercolor on Paper #ContemporaryImpressionismI’m sure I’ve had images repeat as most viewed 4 times in a row, but I wasn’t paying as much attention to that as I try to nowadays 😊 Summer is a Lady continues to simmer atop my selection of photos and artwork and illustrated poetry ♥️
- July 26, 2021 – Where I Left Off Before Our Trip, New #Watercolor on Canvas Completed : Barton Springs Greenbelt Indian SummerI just took another look at my newly completed painting (above) to try for some settled sentiment I can include for my post, and I do have that – some settled sentiment. I’m still digesting and assimilating what this new work means to me. Though I know it’s incomplete, because I also know this work is more a conscious marker of where I want to head, and feel compelled to head toward, I do have a grasp enough to point out some things that are making themselves more known to me.
- July 25, 2021 – Where I Left Off Before Our Trip, New Watercolor on Canvas in-progress, Developing the Right Figure to AddAs you can tell from my top pic, my efforts to progress from my value study and digital studies below are not going great, lol! I take solace from several things —
- July 24, 2021 – My Newest Poster Upload @FineArtAmerica – Barton Springs Greenbelt Austin Rocks at the Flats PosterYesterday posting about my resuming progress on a new watercolor on canvas (with absorbent ground) via beginning a study process for adding a figure to the nearly finished work, I mentioned I’d spent my 1st time at the nearby greenbelt in nearly 2 weeks! It was a pristine morning, warm, sunny, lightly breezy, and hardly crowded at all – in other words : wonderful! 😊
Thanks again, everyone! 😊