It’s been an interesting slight roller coaster for me since getting my 1st of 2 Moderna Covid shots recently!
Initially, yesterday, Sheila and I were pretty even par, though I think she was less fatigued than me & able (and willing 😊) to do our usual Friday SilverSneakers Cardio class. My fatigue stayed with me most the day, let up in mid-afternoon, then returned with a slight heaviness.
Sheila continued as before, improving slightly in terms of tiredness but w/her shot area aching a bit more.
Me, though, unfortunately, I got downright sluggish and then, after our usual small fruit snack for the evening, started hurting. Bad. Particularly in one of my two surgical areas from couple summers ago.
This virus, Covid-19, I’d read long ago, is extremely opportunistic.
Like water, it finds the lowest point in the land.
Nothing evil about it.
Just nature working to maximize what it creates.
And it brought me to a pain in an area that ended up needing surgery nearly two years ago, not nearly as crippling, but much to similar. I called the oldest girl who’s in the medical field in Houston. She’d had a bad bout with her 2nd shot and she said she made it via 2 Tylenols every 4 hours. Sheila got me 2 Tylenols. In 30 minutes the pain abated.
In an hour I was asleep and didn’t wake til 7:30 this morning, way past my usual 5:30 am, and felt relatively refreshed.
I wasn’t bouncy with energy, but I could feel clarity in my eyes.
This is very similar to what happened to me after my 2nd Shingrix shot, though the CDC site recommended in ibuprofen, and it worked the same kind of miracle.
Our daughter strongly suggested we use the info on our shot card to report the adverse reaction I had, as it would help the doctors etc know the range of reactions.
Back of our cards says to go to the Vaccine Adverse Effect Reporting System (VAERS) at –
Will be doing that today.
We’re all in this together, and sharing our knowledge has never been easier in the entire history of our existence (that I know of, lol!) – so I feel it’s the right thing to do.
So did my daughter know of other folks who got this ill on the 1st shot? Yes. More common on the 2nd, but evidently, if there’s a variation response possible, it exists 😊 Again, Mother Nature at her best – truly actually 💜
I’ll post more if and when more info etc develops –
Thanks so much everyone!
ps – do I have any regrets getting my vaccine? absolutely not 😊
Please tap tweet above to like, share or visit image page 😊
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Amazon search for Recovery Gifts –
Tap tweet above to like, share or see product 😊
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- September 20, 2021 – Dappled Light, “Figures in a Landscape Study” Still Not Done, But, Already a Learning Tool For Me!“Learning Tool for Me” is part of my blog title today simply ’cause I’ve looking at this post as specifically geared to get me where I wanna go – keeping in mind my destination is a generalized abstraction of image / feeling / and intuitive aspiration (hopefully including figurative work) & it’s reached a point of development over my previous renditions that I now need to put my resolve into concrete, hopefully creative, useful thoughts for my future directions. Lot of contradictions. Like life. Like me 😊 Here goes (for now) —
- September 19, 2021 – Dappled Light, “Figures in a Landscape Study” ContinuedJust a quick post updating yesterday’s release showing what I’ve changed/added on to a watercolor on paper I’d 1st posted about on Sept 7th…A bigger factor in today’s image update is the addition of more “white”.
- September 18, 2021 – Dapple Light, My Creative Conundrum and CaldronMy regular readers know I’ve been more and more attracted to the idea of being able to paint dappled light, consciously, and hopefully, eventually more spontaneously. I titled my post to include both “conundrum” – which I kept misspelling til I looked it up 😊 – and “caldron” – which I keep feeling my creative heart and mind are swimming in (over their heads) lol!
- September 17, 2021 – New Most Viewed Image For the Week @FineArtAmerica, “Fantasy Walk” : Watercolor on Canvas on Light Molding Paste, #ContemporaryImpressionismSome times, some days, the little things, like the big things, if they are good and hopeful, then they are helpful.
- September 16, 2021 – Reblog(s) : Graham McQuade, Benchmarks 1 & 2 (Acrylic Painting) #figureartThis necessarily (on my part) a short post due to some time constraints, although I should add, Graham’s posts will be a quick read. They’re short, tight with information. What will take a little time, if you notice the time 😊 is….
- September 15, 2021 – Birds at Pfluger Bridge Austin @FineArtAmericaBirds at Pfluger Bridge Austin is an 11×14 oil painting I finished a little over 3 years ago, but never wrote up about individually on my blog. I realized this was the case when I tried to find my WordPress image from an older blog post to include in my most recent post; about birds of course 😊 Why I hadn’t done a post, announcing when I’d uploaded it to Fine Art America is simply that I….
- September 14, 2021 – Playing with 4K Video to Grab Still ShotsNow that we’ve had our bird feeder up a few months at our new location, we’ve come across a wider variety of birds (and other critters) and’ve been working at grabbing shots of birds in motion I might could use for sketches and such 🦅
Thanks again, everyone! 😊