It’s getting late and wife and I took care of some dr appts this morning which pretty much used us our giddy-up energy for the day, lol!
I did want to do a follow up to yesterday’s post about grocery stores still mandating masks despite the (IMHO) premature rescinding of the Texas mask wearing mandate effective Wednesday, March 10th. When I wasn’t able to do it this morning, I thought, oh good, I’ll have better info later this afternoon anyway.
Only thing I know any better about it is, this is shaping up to be the same, or worse, mess than before the mandate, when people got into fights in stores, often with store employees, at time with employees being literally assaulted or shot. Pathetic. All I feel I can really do is wish and pray for the safety of everyone in those stores without mandates, whether pro or con re the masks. If we’re in this together, we really need to act like we’re are in this together ♥️
Yesterday I listed Sprouts as a certainty for maintaining a mask mandate. Since then, other grocery stores (or that carry groceries) here in Austin appear to be : Costco, Wheatsville, Fresh Plus, Target, Walmart, and Whole Foods.
The latter two are “sortas.”
Wheatsville and Fresh Plus are local Austin stores.
Like Sprouts, these are smaller stores, wonderful to shop and explore 💕
Re the two “sortas” –
Walmart says, “employees are not required to enforce the store’s mask mandate” – which is a good thing, considering how violent some folks can get, plus, shouldn’t one call the police if there’s a problem, like with robberies? Though the mandate-lift-order says no one can be jailed or punished for not following the privately owned businesses’ guidelines or mandates!
And Whole Foods says, “if a customer refuses to wear a mask, they will be offered a face shield. If the customer refuses to wear a face shield or mask, they must pass a health screening. If the customer passes the health screening, they will then be allowed into the store without a mask.”
I don’t think I want to be in a store right now with that many “options.” Time consuming and potentially quite disagreeable in discerning who/what/and when. Easier to shop somewhere else. Otherwise, in better times, hopefully by summer at least, these are fine places to shop.
This, in my opinion, is not freedom from government interference, but rather anarchy and a HUGE potential for interference from other people, lol!
Unfortunately the corporate folks for our local exercise gym with SilverSneakers, Golds Gym, is also no longer requiring mask starting next Wednesday. As I asked in my post yesterday, aren’t the masks to help protect the people around you in case one is infected? So my wearing a mask doesn’t help me if everyone in the gym is sweating and breathing out whatever they might have. No thanks.
The Y is requiring masks, so wife and I will be checking it out again 😊
Hoping other folks in other states aren’t having to go through the turmoil we seem to continue to come up with here in Texas, weather-wise and politically 😏 And, am very much looking forward to the President’s plan panning out and having all of us who want to be vaccinated to be so by end of May (give or take) ♥️
Stay well everyone, and – sincerely – good luck! It can’t hurt 😂
ps – as a much needed reminder (and a bit of good news) of what we’re all wanting and hoping for – a return to regular outdoor and indoor activities and gatherings, without masks, I sold a gallery wrapped version of my sports writing, Volleyball Setter ; I’ve lots of good thoughts about this sale and want to do a post on it, hopefully for tomorrow! 🏐
Please tap tweet above to like, share or link to my poster 😊
Or click to my blog post about this product –
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Amazon search for Covid-19 Books –
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- August 19, 2022 – “Fantasy Walk” and “Walking in Light” in New Juried Art Show at Inspired Mind Art Center!The show overall has a great selection! Here’s a small sampling, with photos of the show from fellow Austin artist, Leslie Kell
- August 18, 2022 – #Inflation or #Deflation or Any One Nation : #ClimageChange Doesn’t Seem to Care…It’s Pervasively Here Now….It’s rare lately I post a second post the same day, but the news about the climate we all live within and depend on, is pervasive, even appearing on our local Austin Fox News news-scroll!
- August 18, 2022 – A Beginner’s View : Inflation, the Economy, Climate, Clean Energy, Health etc, How Are They Related in Our Current Everyday Lives? – An On-Going Inquiry, Part 2..life, unpredictable, full of both pleasant and difficult surprises – plus easy, and not so easy choices. That’s what the articles I’ve been reading also seem to reflect….
- August 17, 2022 – A Beginner’s View : Inflation, the Economy, Climate, Clean Energy, Health etc, How Are They Related in Our Current Everyday Lives? – An On-Going Inquiry, Part 1I’ve no idea how long this series on climate etc will run, but I need some kind of framework to place pieces of information together that are helping me understand the rapidly changing potentially deteriorating world we live in.
- August 16, 2022 – Me, 1st Full Day Without a Beard for “Awhile”Sheila patiently re-posed me for a re-take of my no-beard pic today….
- August 15, 2022 – Me, Last Day With a Beard for “Awhile”A very quick post this evening – had my pre-op appt with my surgeon for a slew of breathing related fixes he and my my ENT dr / surgeon will do together..and this is me with my several-years long beard I’ve sported 😊
- August 14, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Time at the Musee d’Orsay” : circa 2012I would hope Sheila and I get to make at least one more wonderful extended trip to Paris 🙏 ❤️ 🇫🇷
Thanks again, everyone! 😊