There’s few things my wife likes to do more than comparison shop the grocery stores here in Austin. She probably saves us the equivalence of a typical entry level job here, if you can find one, and it’s safe – you get the picture $$!!
So for us to choose to voluntarily restrict ourselves to Sprouts, and a few other stores I’ll highlight hopefully tomorrow, is a big deal. Fixed incomes of the qualifying-for-most-any-level of stimulus cut-off-money work that way 😊
Yesterday, in what some, whether true or not, are saying is a diversion from the focus on the horrific ice storm fiasco that shouldn’t’ve happened (much less potentially cost some Texans thousands in inflated electricity bills, lawsuits may decide that), our governor announced an end to our state-wide mask mandate effective March 10th. My own feeling is, why not re-examine the idea, and decide to keep the mask mandate through March, re-evaluate how Texas is doing then after the stress and trauma of our failed winter response, and make a more time-appropriate response. ‘Course, I’m speaking from a don’t-know-much-of-anything-but-what-I-read perspective, which I readily admit is fairly narrow. And waiting for my second Covid vaccine shot.
My problem, right? To the degree I don’t infect / harm someone else with the virus, yes.
Meanwhile, two of our other regular grocery store haunts (reg readers will know the names from my posts) say they’ll go to voluntary mask usage.
Now, I wear a mask (I’m told, as per CDC) to protect other people (mostly), and they wear masks to (mostly) protect me!
Masks may help prevent people who have COVID-19 from spreading the virus to others. The CDC recommends people wear face masks in public settings, especially when other social distancing measures are difficult to maintain. Wearing a face mask may limit exposure to respiratory droplets and large particles and may help prevent people who have COVID-19 from spreading the virus.Nov 24, 2020https://www.fda.gov/medical-devices/coronavirus-covid-19-and-medical-devices/face-masks-including-surgical-masks-and-respirators-covid-19
So, if I’m wearing a mask, and everyone around me isn’t – who’s at risk?
Don’t shop there.
Sprouts Farmers Market (an indoor grocery store), I was told by a manager, and by a produce person (yes, I like to double-confirm if possible), would “take the flack” if needed, but continue to mandate mask usage inside its stores here in Austin (and I assume elsewhere but not sure).
Shopping the grocery specials is good, and actually renumerative. But staying healthy pays even better ♥️
Here’s a link to their corporate page –
And here’s the links to the two nearest us in Austin –
Manchaca Rd – https://www.sprouts.com/store/tx/austin/austin-manchaca-rd/
South Lamar – https://www.sprouts.com/store/tx/austin/austin-south-lamar-blvd/
And for it’s worth – I will be so glad when masks’ll be a thing of the past ☺️ And see eyes and lips and cheekbones all smile simultaneously again.
Thanks everyone – stay healthy as you can!
Please tap tweet above to like, share or link to blog post 😊
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Amazon search for Covid-19 Books –
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- April 11, 2021 – Poetry Titles and Covers That Caught my Eye on AmazonI was tweeting some poetry titles I’d found & liked on Amazon and thought, a short tweet string of some of these might be interesting….
- April 10, 2021 – Interesting Tweets This WeekBelow are random tweets I liked for some reason – uplifting, funny, inspiring, informative, hopeful, pretty..something good or encouraging at the least 😊
- April 09, 2021 – Volleyball Blocker Poster, My Newest #Sports Gift Upload @FineArtAmericaQuick post to let folks know the 3rd of my seven Volleyball theme posters, Volleyball Blocker, is now available on Fine Art America as both prints and gift items!
- April 09, 2021 – Reading “How to Paint Like Turner” – Stirring Vestiges Inside Me I’d Almost Forgotten or Thrown AwayI bought this book because it has good reviews re seeing “how” JMW Turner evolved – his whole artistic life it appears – as an artist absorbed in the creative process.
- April 08, 2021 – Volleyball Poster, My Newest #Sports Gift Upload @FineArtAmericaAfter only having Volleyball Setter Poster available for a long time, I’ve finally begun uploading my full Volleyball sports poetry series, beginning with Volleyball Poster, onto Fine Art America! Additional Volleyball titles….
- April 07, 2021 – Volleyball Setter Poster 2 : Poetry, Line Art and Digital WashIt had to happen, lol! I had to finally apply my new line art with wash coloring style to one of my writings and I figured, well, my volleyball poem series has about seven titles, so they’d be a good one to create alternative choice imaging for! 😊
- April 06, 2021 – My Most Viewed Image This Week @FineArtAmerica, Inspiring Gift Writing, “Radiology Technologist”Radiology Technologist is my newest “most viewed” for a one week period at Fine Art America! 😊
Thanks again, everyone! 😊