It’s getting late and wife and I took care of some dr appts this morning which pretty much used us our giddy-up energy for the day, lol!
I did want to do a follow up to yesterday’s post about grocery stores still mandating masks despite the (IMHO) premature rescinding of the Texas mask wearing mandate effective Wednesday, March 10th. When I wasn’t able to do it this morning, I thought, oh good, I’ll have better info later this afternoon anyway.
Only thing I know any better about it is, this is shaping up to be the same, or worse, mess than before the mandate, when people got into fights in stores, often with store employees, at time with employees being literally assaulted or shot. Pathetic. All I feel I can really do is wish and pray for the safety of everyone in those stores without mandates, whether pro or con re the masks. If we’re in this together, we really need to act like we’re are in this together ♥️
Yesterday I listed Sprouts as a certainty for maintaining a mask mandate. Since then, other grocery stores (or that carry groceries) here in Austin appear to be : Costco, Wheatsville, Fresh Plus, Target, Walmart, and Whole Foods.
The latter two are “sortas.”
Wheatsville and Fresh Plus are local Austin stores.
Like Sprouts, these are smaller stores, wonderful to shop and explore 💕
Re the two “sortas” –
Walmart says, “employees are not required to enforce the store’s mask mandate” – which is a good thing, considering how violent some folks can get, plus, shouldn’t one call the police if there’s a problem, like with robberies? Though the mandate-lift-order says no one can be jailed or punished for not following the privately owned businesses’ guidelines or mandates!
And Whole Foods says, “if a customer refuses to wear a mask, they will be offered a face shield. If the customer refuses to wear a face shield or mask, they must pass a health screening. If the customer passes the health screening, they will then be allowed into the store without a mask.”
I don’t think I want to be in a store right now with that many “options.” Time consuming and potentially quite disagreeable in discerning who/what/and when. Easier to shop somewhere else. Otherwise, in better times, hopefully by summer at least, these are fine places to shop.
This, in my opinion, is not freedom from government interference, but rather anarchy and a HUGE potential for interference from other people, lol!
Unfortunately the corporate folks for our local exercise gym with SilverSneakers, Golds Gym, is also no longer requiring mask starting next Wednesday. As I asked in my post yesterday, aren’t the masks to help protect the people around you in case one is infected? So my wearing a mask doesn’t help me if everyone in the gym is sweating and breathing out whatever they might have. No thanks.
The Y is requiring masks, so wife and I will be checking it out again 😊
Hoping other folks in other states aren’t having to go through the turmoil we seem to continue to come up with here in Texas, weather-wise and politically 😏 And, am very much looking forward to the President’s plan panning out and having all of us who want to be vaccinated to be so by end of May (give or take) ♥️
Stay well everyone, and – sincerely – good luck! It can’t hurt 😂
ps – as a much needed reminder (and a bit of good news) of what we’re all wanting and hoping for – a return to regular outdoor and indoor activities and gatherings, without masks, I sold a gallery wrapped version of my sports writing, Volleyball Setter ; I’ve lots of good thoughts about this sale and want to do a post on it, hopefully for tomorrow! 🏐
Please tap tweet above to like, share or link to my poster 😊
Or click to my blog post about this product –
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Amazon search for Covid-19 Books –
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- August 04, 2021 – The Resurgence of COVID-19There’s few times life or death issues are so widespread they not only engulf those close to us, but nearly everyone one hears about – this is one of those times…KVUE news, whose images I’m using for this post, has an article title, “‘The choice now becomes vaccination or ventilator.’ 230 unvaccinated people hospitalized for COVID-19 in Austin in 2 weeks, versus 47 vaccinated.”
- August 03, 2021 – Working a New 16×20 Acrylic, Working Title : Testing the Water, Refining the Figure, Developing the BackgroundI wanted to do more on this but things are happening re Covid, in my life. I’ll have more on this very soon – nothing w/me or family here in Austin (despite horrid #s lately), but nearby, also here in Texas. Wonderful how fluid and flexible art is, giving us challenges one day, inspiration on another, and solace even when needed.
- August 02, 2021 – Prepping a New 16×20 Acrylic, Working Title : Testing the Water, 1st Figure Lay-inI included my most recent updated image from a post a few days ago further below. Besides the figure work (not yet complete), you can see where I continued to rework the area around the figure, setting her off more completely.
- August 01, 2021 – Some Interruptions in Life are BlessingsJust back from an incredible trip to the Galapagos west of Ecuador, wife & I got the opportunity to have the youngest grandchild over. This is from our mid-morning walk in warm dappled light ❤️ I only wish I’d realized the value of this with our own children more fully…
- July 31, 2021 – Prepping a New 16×20 Acrylic, Working Title : Testing the WaterThe initial goal was to simply select and mark the area for my figure. Then I freely applied Golden’s light molding paste, leaving the selected area for my figure much more level, and forming the paste into potentially vegetative designs as inspiration and malleable ground meshed —
- July 30, 2021 – What a Difference a New Keyboard Makes : LENRICH iPad pro 12.9 case with keyboardThis is an older now discontinued keyboard, but one of the few still available for my IPad Pro 2nd generation model (current model is 5th generation I believe), but I’m impressed with it enough to post about it and (if all continues well) my renewed ease of use not having to use the onscreen keyboard for blog posts, emails etc – that’s a big deal for me, lol! 😊
- July 29, 2021 – Whew! Yesterday Was a Day of Plowing Through, lol!Above is a picture of me November 2019 (notice the weather is warm but hot, finally 😊) and I look just a bit worn out? I’d just climbed the 218 steps to top of Old Baldy near Wimberley Texas! That’s kinda how I felt yesterday, only without as nice a view, lol! I’ll just say that….
Thanks again, everyone! 😊