I’d hoped to finish and post about my Paris painting (Lady in Paris 1889) I’d wrote about the 1st times I posted about our current move (Moving in Our 70s During Covid) – but, though I got to a nice stopping point, 1) there’s still a tiny bit I know I want to do, and, 2) none of the photos I took could pick up the few warm colors in the painting (very overcast w/occasional rains, see pic below).
The pic above is with my light meter adjusted to pick up more light, and the pic below is adjusted to see outside, which is closer to what it looks like right now.
Even with daylight bulbs overhead, still never got a good enough shot to post ’bout my Paris painting, but hopefully, if not tomorrow, then day after should be much more sun shiny, I hope 😊
A nice thing ’bout the cloudier days though is, I can see more clearly out the window at the new spring foliage, and our soon to be moved bird feeder – and it happened to be, as is most all day each day now that we’re in full spring springing to summer here in Austin, a bird was at the feeder.
You scan probably tell it’s “way” low on food, lol! A welcome chore to do later this evening ♥️
We’re gonna miss these little guys. They’re plenty resourceful, but the increasing urbanization, the changes in light patterns from us humans, all that, does make it harder and harder for them. And if they don’t make it..well, we don’t want that to happen ☺️
So is it my imagination, or is that little bird looking over at me to see if I’ll be adding more food, soon, to the feeder? 😊
Stay well everyone, and wish us continued good luck w/our move!
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Amazon search for Birds –
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- August 03, 2021 – Working a New 16×20 Acrylic, Working Title : Testing the Water, Refining the Figure, Developing the BackgroundI wanted to do more on this but things are happening re Covid, in my life. I’ll have more on this very soon – nothing w/me or family here in Austin (despite horrid #s lately), but nearby, also here in Texas. Wonderful how fluid and flexible art is, giving us challenges one day, inspiration on another, and solace even when needed.
- August 02, 2021 – Prepping a New 16×20 Acrylic, Working Title : Testing the Water, 1st Figure Lay-inI included my most recent updated image from a post a few days ago further below. Besides the figure work (not yet complete), you can see where I continued to rework the area around the figure, setting her off more completely.
- August 01, 2021 – Some Interruptions in Life are BlessingsJust back from an incredible trip to the Galapagos west of Ecuador, wife & I got the opportunity to have the youngest grandchild over. This is from our mid-morning walk in warm dappled light ❤️ I only wish I’d realized the value of this with our own children more fully…
- July 31, 2021 – Prepping a New 16×20 Acrylic, Working Title : Testing the WaterThe initial goal was to simply select and mark the area for my figure. Then I freely applied Golden’s light molding paste, leaving the selected area for my figure much more level, and forming the paste into potentially vegetative designs as inspiration and malleable ground meshed —
- July 30, 2021 – What a Difference a New Keyboard Makes : LENRICH iPad pro 12.9 case with keyboardThis is an older now discontinued keyboard, but one of the few still available for my IPad Pro 2nd generation model (current model is 5th generation I believe), but I’m impressed with it enough to post about it and (if all continues well) my renewed ease of use not having to use the onscreen keyboard for blog posts, emails etc – that’s a big deal for me, lol! 😊
- July 29, 2021 – Whew! Yesterday Was a Day of Plowing Through, lol!Above is a picture of me November 2019 (notice the weather is warm but hot, finally 😊) and I look just a bit worn out? I’d just climbed the 218 steps to top of Old Baldy near Wimberley Texas! That’s kinda how I felt yesterday, only without as nice a view, lol! I’ll just say that….
- July 28, 2021 – New 25×40 #Acrylic on Canvas In-Progress : Barton Springs Greenbelt Indian SummerA chore heat filled day where my keyboard evidently is deciding it’s had it, lol! Hopefully I finish this post 😊 Basically I started the groundwork for my newest painting, acrylic, wanting to settle on my composition before hand, unlike how I handled my just finished watercolor, same size, where I inserted my figure at the end.
Thanks again, everyone! 😊