Had seen this some time back in a tweet and sent myself the link so I could find it again, not even thinking of it as a great pic for Mother’s Day at the time – it seemed then and seems now to encapsulate so much of the most sentimental, and thus probably truth laden, aspects for me about Mother’s Day – the caring, the complete trust of the child, the elegance and unity of the image style and coloration itself, all blending into an iconic moment. How much of these feelings are just guy feelings, I don’t really know, though I imagine there’s some to considerable overlap, lol! What did occur to me though was something I’ve thought of off and on through many years – how, after carrying then raising a child from within their own bodies, so much easily women see the waste and futility of wars and unnecessary violence. Granted, at ones time, in a time of live or die scarcity, vs the artificially restrained abundance of today, folks feared other folks not close to them, and terrible things happened. Or a madman took power and lost total perspective beyond himself, and terrible things happened. And all the while, women kept having and raising children, with mostly wonderful things happening between them and the children. Our children. Us. Maybe there’s more than a passing truth to the alternations of epochs, matriarchies and patriarchies, born of a natural extension of the universe within and around us. There are ages of external exploration and ages of internal exploration. And of course the rebalancing decades (centuries) between them. And much like the way color in art apparently shimmers when contrasting intensities (which is not the same as the importance or value of any color) share space side by side, that’s the way human evolution, maybe all evolution and formations of stars and galaxies occur. Maybe there’s more than a curious reason my wife is Aquarius sun to my own Aquarian moon. And my own mom is my polar opposite – and thus compliment – on my solar wheel. And nature makes sure there’s more girls than boys born. Maybe, maybe not – but I think so. And for those ladies, my daughters in particular, whose astrological connections to me I don’t know, I imagine, at the very least, they add the variety of love and caring that often makes life a feast! Beyond that, more and more, as I age and see the evolving nascent conflicts to come between us random chance human beings and genetically “improved” generations, plus the pitting of us (whoever that’ll be) vs human-android mixtures, and finally vs human-created pure AI life forms – I see the need for the pure seed of today’s woman. The inclusive empathy-eyeing woman. Maybe this Mother’s Day, more than any before it, at least from my perspective and point in time, is the tipping point, the true entering, of the new Aquarian Age. We all, I believe, have a part in helping that happen. In our own ways, our own time, our own owning of Mother’s Day ♥️
Stay well everyone!
ps – as for us guys, and maybe feeling we’ll be left behind, we should remember, there’s seldom been a male dominated period where a woman wasn’t in the shadows, as important to the visible lead as society at the time felt that man was, and I imagine the same will hold true going forward 😊
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Amazon search for Poetry for Moms –
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- July 27, 2021 – 4 Weeks Running! My Most Viewed Image For the Week @FineArtAmerica, Summer is a Lady : #Watercolor on Paper #ContemporaryImpressionismI’m sure I’ve had images repeat as most viewed 4 times in a row, but I wasn’t paying as much attention to that as I try to nowadays 😊 Summer is a Lady continues to simmer atop my selection of photos and artwork and illustrated poetry ♥️
- July 26, 2021 – Where I Left Off Before Our Trip, New #Watercolor on Canvas Completed : Barton Springs Greenbelt Indian SummerI just took another look at my newly completed painting (above) to try for some settled sentiment I can include for my post, and I do have that – some settled sentiment. I’m still digesting and assimilating what this new work means to me. Though I know it’s incomplete, because I also know this work is more a conscious marker of where I want to head, and feel compelled to head toward, I do have a grasp enough to point out some things that are making themselves more known to me.
- July 25, 2021 – Where I Left Off Before Our Trip, New Watercolor on Canvas in-progress, Developing the Right Figure to AddAs you can tell from my top pic, my efforts to progress from my value study and digital studies below are not going great, lol! I take solace from several things —
- July 24, 2021 – My Newest Poster Upload @FineArtAmerica – Barton Springs Greenbelt Austin Rocks at the Flats PosterYesterday posting about my resuming progress on a new watercolor on canvas (with absorbent ground) via beginning a study process for adding a figure to the nearly finished work, I mentioned I’d spent my 1st time at the nearby greenbelt in nearly 2 weeks! It was a pristine morning, warm, sunny, lightly breezy, and hardly crowded at all – in other words : wonderful! 😊
- July 23, 2021 – Where I Left Off Before Our Trip, New Watercolor on Canvas in-progress, Preparing to Add a FigureLike my prep work for my 1st watercolor Austin Greenbelt poster on paper, I placed my source image and line drawing in one side by side file to work from – blocking out our friend’s face for privacy. Then I decided I should probably do a digital value study too, lol!
- July 22, 2021 – Where I Left Off Before Our Trip, New Watercolor on Canvas in-progressAt 25×40 this new work has stretched my memories and my muscles of years ago when I did much larger work. I just figured it was time to explore working on canvas again for a bit 😊 Below, on the left, is the work as posted back July 11th about inlaying light modeling paste, working with the pen and ink I hand applied 1st (vs printing my ink pattern as I did with my recent watercolor posters on paper).
- July 21, 2021 – Three Weeks Running! My Most Viewed Image For the Week @FineArtAmerica, Summer is a Lady : #Watercolor on Paper #ContemporaryImpressionismIt seems extra special to have Summer is a Lady repeat again as most viewed, joining a few other posts with repeated viewing rankings, some even crossing months or even years on my site 💕 A couple good examples are —
Thanks again, everyone! 😊