I’d hoped to fully finish my 1st work on about a month (due to our move) but there’s some finishing I want to do, plus, after 100 degree heat index most the day a storm’s blown through with straight line winds, hail, and (the good part) much cooler temps!
I did work on the painting this morning before succumbing to a trip with boxes to our storage place and some necessary grocery shopping. Still, feeling good how the painting’s working out.
There’s a 2nd preprinted sheet of watercolor with my digital line art and I think I’d like to try something more experimental, color-wise, but it may be bit before I can start on it, unless I settle for a tiny 10+ minutes block in the morning or late pm, which is how I started this piece. So that’s a distinct possibility!
Tomorrow though begins a full weekend with the 8 year old, I’ll try and finish my newest poster, Barton Springs Greenbelt Austin Texas (seen above, almost completed 😊) and post it up. But gotta admit, chances are slim that’ll happen, lol!
My self imposed deadline for doing last year’s accounting is upon me and it must be done! ☺️
Til then, then, I must force myself to be grateful for what I’ve been able to do 🙏
Stay well everyone! Be kind – it heals the giver and the recipient! ♥️
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Amazon search for “Watercolor landscapes” –
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- July 25, 2021 – Where I Left Off Before Our Trip, New Watercolor on Canvas in-progress, Developing the Right Figure to AddAs you can tell from my top pic, my efforts to progress from my value study and digital studies below are not going great, lol! I take solace from several things —
- July 24, 2021 – My Newest Poster Upload @FineArtAmerica – Barton Springs Greenbelt Austin Rocks at the Flats PosterYesterday posting about my resuming progress on a new watercolor on canvas (with absorbent ground) via beginning a study process for adding a figure to the nearly finished work, I mentioned I’d spent my 1st time at the nearby greenbelt in nearly 2 weeks! It was a pristine morning, warm, sunny, lightly breezy, and hardly crowded at all – in other words : wonderful! 😊
- July 23, 2021 – Where I Left Off Before Our Trip, New Watercolor on Canvas in-progress, Preparing to Add a FigureLike my prep work for my 1st watercolor Austin Greenbelt poster on paper, I placed my source image and line drawing in one side by side file to work from – blocking out our friend’s face for privacy. Then I decided I should probably do a digital value study too, lol!
- July 22, 2021 – Where I Left Off Before Our Trip, New Watercolor on Canvas in-progressAt 25×40 this new work has stretched my memories and my muscles of years ago when I did much larger work. I just figured it was time to explore working on canvas again for a bit 😊 Below, on the left, is the work as posted back July 11th about inlaying light modeling paste, working with the pen and ink I hand applied 1st (vs printing my ink pattern as I did with my recent watercolor posters on paper).
- July 21, 2021 – Three Weeks Running! My Most Viewed Image For the Week @FineArtAmerica, Summer is a Lady : #Watercolor on Paper #ContemporaryImpressionismIt seems extra special to have Summer is a Lady repeat again as most viewed, joining a few other posts with repeated viewing rankings, some even crossing months or even years on my site 💕 A couple good examples are —
- July 20, 2021 – 1st Trip in Over 3 YearsTime to wrap up our short but wonderful stay with the 8 year old and other grandparents ♥️ Soon there’ll be another sunrise.
- July 19, 2021 – 1st Trip in Over 3 YearsI’d forgotten the feel of an immense sky above us – that’s the other grandpa in pic ❤️ It was one of the things I took for granted in Galveston, was amazed about in Costa Rica, and very much surprised about along Lake Champlain in Vermont 😊 Big skies!
Thanks again, everyone! 😊