There’s only tiny subtle differences between the current version and the image on my previous post, and I thought I was done, satisfied that is – but I’m not.
I slept on it, the idea of having finished, not the painting, lol! And went back to my originating reference photo (vs the digital value study), and see things I’d still like to accentuate.
However, we’re leaving shortly to pick up the 8 year old for a stretch into Monday morning, and we may not get to see much of him after for several weeks, plus I must finish our accounting work the next couple weeks, so this may be it for awhile.
In addition, my mind is percolating with ideas re a new Amazon program called Vella, which will feature serialized fiction. Lot folks followed my Twitter excerpts for my semi-autobiographical story, The Old American Artist. I like writing short pieces. It fits my style and time availability. So I might continue the story of the characters in my fiction work, which generally stopped a few years ago with Queen, the Omnibus Edition, which compiled 30+ short books which were released serially as short books at the time. Either I was ahead of my time, or I’ve got some catching up to do, or more likely, some of both, lol!
So I’ve lots on my plate, some of which ain’t as tasty as I’d like, and even more I can’t hardly wait to get to, but must 😊 Been that way since mid-April, and it may be mid June before I can feel like I can actually dedicate the time I want to dedicate to my art. But if I truly want to stay creative long term, that’s what must be.
Meanwhile, I’ll try & figure out what I can do quickly in re to posting, but just not quite sure what yet ☺️
Deep breathes everyone, patience – especially me, lol! ❤️
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Amazon search for “Watercolor landscapes” –
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- September 20, 2021 – Dappled Light, “Figures in a Landscape Study” Still Not Done, But, Already a Learning Tool For Me!“Learning Tool for Me” is part of my blog title today simply ’cause I’ve looking at this post as specifically geared to get me where I wanna go – keeping in mind my destination is a generalized abstraction of image / feeling / and intuitive aspiration (hopefully including figurative work) & it’s reached a point of development over my previous renditions that I now need to put my resolve into concrete, hopefully creative, useful thoughts for my future directions. Lot of contradictions. Like life. Like me 😊 Here goes (for now) —
- September 19, 2021 – Dappled Light, “Figures in a Landscape Study” ContinuedJust a quick post updating yesterday’s release showing what I’ve changed/added on to a watercolor on paper I’d 1st posted about on Sept 7th…A bigger factor in today’s image update is the addition of more “white”.
- September 18, 2021 – Dapple Light, My Creative Conundrum and CaldronMy regular readers know I’ve been more and more attracted to the idea of being able to paint dappled light, consciously, and hopefully, eventually more spontaneously. I titled my post to include both “conundrum” – which I kept misspelling til I looked it up 😊 – and “caldron” – which I keep feeling my creative heart and mind are swimming in (over their heads) lol!
- September 17, 2021 – New Most Viewed Image For the Week @FineArtAmerica, “Fantasy Walk” : Watercolor on Canvas on Light Molding Paste, #ContemporaryImpressionismSome times, some days, the little things, like the big things, if they are good and hopeful, then they are helpful.
- September 16, 2021 – Reblog(s) : Graham McQuade, Benchmarks 1 & 2 (Acrylic Painting) #figureartThis necessarily (on my part) a short post due to some time constraints, although I should add, Graham’s posts will be a quick read. They’re short, tight with information. What will take a little time, if you notice the time 😊 is….
- September 15, 2021 – Birds at Pfluger Bridge Austin @FineArtAmericaBirds at Pfluger Bridge Austin is an 11×14 oil painting I finished a little over 3 years ago, but never wrote up about individually on my blog. I realized this was the case when I tried to find my WordPress image from an older blog post to include in my most recent post; about birds of course 😊 Why I hadn’t done a post, announcing when I’d uploaded it to Fine Art America is simply that I….
- September 14, 2021 – Playing with 4K Video to Grab Still ShotsNow that we’ve had our bird feeder up a few months at our new location, we’ve come across a wider variety of birds (and other critters) and’ve been working at grabbing shots of birds in motion I might could use for sketches and such 🦅
Thanks again, everyone! 😊