Today I want to expand on an image I presented in my last post, showing how quickly the light can change and, more importantly, how it can change the impact of what is seen, at least for me 😊
The time stamp shown via my screen shots from my photo files shows all 3 of the above pics captured within only 3 minute!
I was really disappointed til I got the idea maybe it’d be good to show this – the quickness of the light, and the varying visual impact 😊
There’s something to be said, in terms of mood and attractiveness, about each of the 3 presentations, especially using different colors and texture; but for now, my current preference is definitely for learning to apply (paint) with more of the dappled look.
In the 2000s, in oil, I did paint a few works in what I have in mind, and looking back at them now (the one with the white kitty is always in or near our dining area), I realize now why folks seem to like these so much!
I’ll have more images of how the light changes next post, but for now, I’ll finish with a gorgeous photo of the light and a lady & her dog who graciously posed for me to get this shot – my sincere thanks! ❤️
Next post I’ll have a couple more examples of the dappled light disappearing (or appearing) & the difference it makes, plus another sample of one of my original oils that also more or less accidentally, or at least not consciously, captured a moment in oil of dappled light ♥️
Stay creative everyone – keep learning! It Sure helps me!
Even at 70! 😊 💕
link to blog post in above tweet 😊
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Amazon search for “light in art” –
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- May 21, 2022 – Sheila & I Are Attending 2 Gallery Openings Today! #PrimalGalleryDS #AustinArtSpaceSheila and I are off to a busy fun art-openings day that include some of my art at two local galleries today – AVAA’s Austin Art Space, and Primal Gallery in nearby Dripping Springs!
- May 20, 2022 – Will My New #Austin #Photography Poster, Morning Light in Barton Springs Greenbelt, Join My Austin Pink Sunset Photo and Lou Neff Digital Art Poster in Sales?The question itself, whether Morning Light in Barton Springs Greenbelt will match or join my currently selling best prints, is a question more of hope and companionship for my image of a truly usually bright spot in Austin, the system of greenbelts preserving the water that makes living here even possible ❤️
- May 19, 2022 – Hardest / Best Part of My Strength Class Recently – Releasing Myself a SmileIt’s nearing 8pm and I’m trying to apply an exercise lesson our online SilverSneakers instructor, Michelle, brought up a few times today – smile 😊
- May 18, 2022 – Places In or Near Austin Texas You Can See and Buy My Prints ( Art and Photography ) #PrimalGallery #OldBakery&EmporiumPrints have consistently out-sold my originals if for no other reasons than they are less expensive and usually have more items to choose from. Not bad reasons at all 😊 What I want to do now though is, begin to –
- May 17, 2022 – I Have a Lot of Happenings ( art & personal ) This Week, But Still Finding Moments To Start a New Painting : Morning’s PromiseIt’s nice to dance the surface of my canvas as needed. And able ☺️ And right now, a light step, at an easy pace, may give me the time – and energy – to get more than a handful of other needed things also done this week. Not a bad compromise. For now 😊
- May 16, 2022 – New Diptych : “Freedom” Almost Finished, Panels Need Signing ( front & back )And what I’ve come across figuring out how to make prints of this that folks can work with, ie, close to or within standard size dimensions, was how to get a 22×28 image convert into – in 2 examples – an 8×10 or 12×18, and I came up with this as a starting prototype….
- May 15, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Spring Rising”I’d done a lot of deep or darker night-like paintings for a bit, so it felt pretty nice to lighten up my palette for awhile. Working back & forth, from the two approaches – playing the potential good from both approaches seems to suit my Libra middle, lol!
Thanks again, everyone! 😊