I was gonna write up a nice post on a new version of my Barton Creek Greenbelt poster, this one on a 25×40 inch stretched canvas, probably mixed media – if Light Molding Paste, watercolors, acrylics and pen and ink are mixed media 😊
An emergency situation with our AC and water derailed a few things yesterday, lol!
But our new location’s weekend crew fixed it handily!
Meanwhile, my starting effort – top image – shows promise. It won’t have the lettering of my paper poster watercolors, and my guess this will be a bit more abstract.
I want to play with how the paint, both watercolor and acrylic, spread and appear on this new-to-me molding paste from Golden.
Taking some cues from Nancy Reyner, I laid out a suggestive pattern of texture, and want to see how my varying applications of it, flat to thick, smooth to bumpy, including ridges of raised paste, will affect varying applications of thin to thick paint.
There’s 4 sizes of the molding paste available from Golden (all in sturdy plastic containers). Mine is the 32 oz. The next size up is an even bigger savings but wanted to try it out 1st 😊
Had hoped to have more to show on this new project, but getting back to some comfort in our 70s in the heat, well, that took priority ☺️
Here’s wishing everyone the means or fortune to literally weather our climate crisis ♥️
Stay creative! But 1st be safe and well 💕
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Amazon search for “Golden pastes” –
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- January 01, 2023 – Happy New Year! : My Most Viewed Image the Last Week of 2022 @FineArtAmerica, Little Steps PosterA wonderfully fitting image as my most viewed this past week, the last week, of 2022 – Little Steps, my poster version ❤️ 🙏 ☺️
- December 18, 2022 – 1st Return Appearance Since Spring : My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, Blue with Gold Twilight – #PanoramaOcean waves of blue fill our skies and seas, cascading sighs and whispers of inspiration with each breath.
- December 11, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Morning Light in Barton Springs Greenbelt, Austin Poster” ( circa 2021 ) #AustinTexas #AustinPhotographyMorning Light Poster also recently sold at the Old Bakery and Emporium 🙏😌
- December 03, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Costa Rica Sunset Panorama” : circa 2017I almost skipped even posting about it, but at 4x the views of the nearest most viewed of my images, I needed to drag myself out of my whatever-it-is recent posting stagnation, lol!
- November 21, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Dispatcher” : circa 2011I thought Dispatcher had once already been one of my most viewed of my work on Fine Art America, but I guess not! 😊 It’s been a popular poem, and with the holidays upon us, a great choice as a print or coffee mug ☕️ 🇺🇸
- November 13, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Cypress Creek Mid Afternoon Mid October” : Circa 2019Very unusual to have so many photos from my collection of images at Fine Art America show up among my 12 most viewed images there at FAA, and for so many showing up for the 1st time….
- November 08, 2022 – The Mid-Term Elections 2022 : This is It! If the Elections Are Important to You…VOTE!!!If the elections are important to you – vote! 😊🇺🇸🙏
Thanks again, everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA, Pixels) – https://felipeadan-lerma.pixels.com/
[…] on canvas again for a bit 😊 Below, on the left, is the work as posted back July 11th about inlaying light modeling paste, working with the pen and ink I hand applied 1st (vs printing my ink pattern as I did with my […]
LikeLiked by 1 person