I was gonna write up a nice post on a new version of my Barton Creek Greenbelt poster, this one on a 25×40 inch stretched canvas, probably mixed media – if Light Molding Paste, watercolors, acrylics and pen and ink are mixed media 😊
An emergency situation with our AC and water derailed a few things yesterday, lol!
But our new location’s weekend crew fixed it handily!
Meanwhile, my starting effort – top image – shows promise. It won’t have the lettering of my paper poster watercolors, and my guess this will be a bit more abstract.
I want to play with how the paint, both watercolor and acrylic, spread and appear on this new-to-me molding paste from Golden.
Taking some cues from Nancy Reyner, I laid out a suggestive pattern of texture, and want to see how my varying applications of it, flat to thick, smooth to bumpy, including ridges of raised paste, will affect varying applications of thin to thick paint.
There’s 4 sizes of the molding paste available from Golden (all in sturdy plastic containers). Mine is the 32 oz. The next size up is an even bigger savings but wanted to try it out 1st 😊
Had hoped to have more to show on this new project, but getting back to some comfort in our 70s in the heat, well, that took priority ☺️
Here’s wishing everyone the means or fortune to literally weather our climate crisis ♥️
Stay creative! But 1st be safe and well 💕
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Amazon search for “Golden pastes” –
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- September 28, 2022 – Working Texture and Figures into Compositions I Like, Part 6 : Adding a 5th ( scumbled ) Layer to Danseur en Bleu ( formerly Dancing Turquoise )I don’t want to forget, souls and spirits that we may be, we are also of and from the Earth we stand upon ❤️
- September 27, 2022 – Now This Sounds Right : “Fed can avoid ‘deep pain’ in inflation fight, Bostic says”One of the fun things of being a lay-person in re to an esoteric topic, like the effect of Federal Reserve actions and statements about folks in my fiscal strata is – long as I’m upfront it’s my opinion – I can say how things appear from my socio-economic perspective.
- September 26, 2022 – Changes to My Blog – No Externally Generated Ads / Blogging As AbleI needed to regroup.
- September 25, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Walk Among the Wildflowers” : circa 2020I’m hoping to catch the deadline to submit it to a new-to-me Austin venue, Bee Caves Arts Foundation. Do wish me luck. It’d be a great add-on to its being my most viewed on Fine Art America this past week 😊🙏
- September 22, 2022 – Clean Energy, Part 5 – The Practical Problem, and, How #Solar Kept the Lights on After Fiona Left #PuertoRico in the DarkThe bulk of the info is a very fairly laid out presentation that a 90% of renewable energy is mostly doable and feasible. The only really debatable portion, and Dan presents pluses and minuses for each possible choice, is how to supply that last needed 10%.
- September 21, 2022 – Working Texture and Figures into Compositions I Like, Part 5 : Adding a 4th ( textured ) Layer to Danseur en Bleu ( formerly Dancing Turquoise )Much enhanced less subtle, but more vibrant, the current stage of development for Danseur en Bleu is nearing a finish.
- September 20, 2022 – A Beginner’s View : Inflation, the Economy, Climate, Clean Energy, Health etc, How Are They Related in Our Current Everyday Lives? – An On-Going Inquiry, Part 7 – #ClimateTweetsA selection of Tweets I’ve Retweeted about #Climate & related topics, both scary & hopeful 😊🙏
Thanks again, everyone! 😊