I was gonna write up a nice post on a new version of my Barton Creek Greenbelt poster, this one on a 25×40 inch stretched canvas, probably mixed media – if Light Molding Paste, watercolors, acrylics and pen and ink are mixed media 😊
An emergency situation with our AC and water derailed a few things yesterday, lol!
But our new location’s weekend crew fixed it handily!
Meanwhile, my starting effort – top image – shows promise. It won’t have the lettering of my paper poster watercolors, and my guess this will be a bit more abstract.
I want to play with how the paint, both watercolor and acrylic, spread and appear on this new-to-me molding paste from Golden.
Taking some cues from Nancy Reyner, I laid out a suggestive pattern of texture, and want to see how my varying applications of it, flat to thick, smooth to bumpy, including ridges of raised paste, will affect varying applications of thin to thick paint.
There’s 4 sizes of the molding paste available from Golden (all in sturdy plastic containers). Mine is the 32 oz. The next size up is an even bigger savings but wanted to try it out 1st 😊
Had hoped to have more to show on this new project, but getting back to some comfort in our 70s in the heat, well, that took priority ☺️
Here’s wishing everyone the means or fortune to literally weather our climate crisis ♥️
Stay creative! But 1st be safe and well 💕
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Amazon search for “Golden pastes” –
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- August 05, 2021 – Working a New 16×20 Acrylic, Working Title : Testing the Water, Enhancing the LandscapeThis doesn’t portray the current stage of my new painting as well as it should. I probably took the pic too late in the day; the texture is stronger than I see it and the colors more subdued, but I figured, time being what it is right now (concerns with my mom, having the 8 yr old overnight after his band camp practice), best to show something while I keep working this.
- August 04, 2021 – The Resurgence of COVID-19There’s few times life or death issues are so widespread they not only engulf those close to us, but nearly everyone one hears about – this is one of those times…KVUE news, whose images I’m using for this post, has an article title, “‘The choice now becomes vaccination or ventilator.’ 230 unvaccinated people hospitalized for COVID-19 in Austin in 2 weeks, versus 47 vaccinated.”
- August 03, 2021 – Working a New 16×20 Acrylic, Working Title : Testing the Water, Refining the Figure, Developing the BackgroundI wanted to do more on this but things are happening re Covid, in my life. I’ll have more on this very soon – nothing w/me or family here in Austin (despite horrid #s lately), but nearby, also here in Texas. Wonderful how fluid and flexible art is, giving us challenges one day, inspiration on another, and solace even when needed.
- August 02, 2021 – Prepping a New 16×20 Acrylic, Working Title : Testing the Water, 1st Figure Lay-inI included my most recent updated image from a post a few days ago further below. Besides the figure work (not yet complete), you can see where I continued to rework the area around the figure, setting her off more completely.
- August 01, 2021 – Some Interruptions in Life are BlessingsJust back from an incredible trip to the Galapagos west of Ecuador, wife & I got the opportunity to have the youngest grandchild over. This is from our mid-morning walk in warm dappled light ❤️ I only wish I’d realized the value of this with our own children more fully…
- July 31, 2021 – Prepping a New 16×20 Acrylic, Working Title : Testing the WaterThe initial goal was to simply select and mark the area for my figure. Then I freely applied Golden’s light molding paste, leaving the selected area for my figure much more level, and forming the paste into potentially vegetative designs as inspiration and malleable ground meshed —
- July 30, 2021 – What a Difference a New Keyboard Makes : LENRICH iPad pro 12.9 case with keyboardThis is an older now discontinued keyboard, but one of the few still available for my IPad Pro 2nd generation model (current model is 5th generation I believe), but I’m impressed with it enough to post about it and (if all continues well) my renewed ease of use not having to use the onscreen keyboard for blog posts, emails etc – that’s a big deal for me, lol! 😊
Thanks again, everyone! 😊