At 25×40 this new work has stretched my memories and my muscles of years ago when I did much larger work. I just figured it was time to explore working on canvas again for a bit 😊
Below, on the left, is the work as posted back July 11th about inlaying light modeling paste, working with the pen and ink I hand applied 1st (vs printing my ink pattern as I did with my recent watercolor posters on paper).
And immediately below is a detail area where I want to insert a figure.
I’ve a photo I took of our youngest girl’s friend & I’ll next take it into Affinity Photo, practice getting a feel for the form I want to express of it, then practice that feel as studies onto a few small paper sizes with watercolor, and then, hopefully with a lot more confidence than I feel right now, lol, put the figure into the painting 🙏
My future followup painting onto a 2nd 25×40 canvas (if all goes as planned) will be another light modeling paste (from Golden via Amazon) laying – but – with the figure – again, hopefully – integrally placed from the beginning of the new work!
This is a work I’d originally thought I’d mesh acrylic with my watercolor, but I’ve pretty well decided this’ll be all watercolor w/pen and ink on absorbent ground on canvas. We’ll see if that holds up too, lol! 😊
Wish me luck ya’ll!
Hope your week is going well. I know there’s many suffering out there from this erratic extreme weather. My prayers to all of us! 💕
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Amazon search for “Golden pastes” –
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- January 01, 2023 – Happy New Year! : My Most Viewed Image the Last Week of 2022 @FineArtAmerica, Little Steps PosterA wonderfully fitting image as my most viewed this past week, the last week, of 2022 – Little Steps, my poster version ❤️ 🙏 ☺️
- December 18, 2022 – 1st Return Appearance Since Spring : My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, Blue with Gold Twilight – #PanoramaOcean waves of blue fill our skies and seas, cascading sighs and whispers of inspiration with each breath.
- December 11, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Morning Light in Barton Springs Greenbelt, Austin Poster” ( circa 2021 ) #AustinTexas #AustinPhotographyMorning Light Poster also recently sold at the Old Bakery and Emporium 🙏😌
- December 03, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Costa Rica Sunset Panorama” : circa 2017I almost skipped even posting about it, but at 4x the views of the nearest most viewed of my images, I needed to drag myself out of my whatever-it-is recent posting stagnation, lol!
- November 21, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Dispatcher” : circa 2011I thought Dispatcher had once already been one of my most viewed of my work on Fine Art America, but I guess not! 😊 It’s been a popular poem, and with the holidays upon us, a great choice as a print or coffee mug ☕️ 🇺🇸
- November 13, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Cypress Creek Mid Afternoon Mid October” : Circa 2019Very unusual to have so many photos from my collection of images at Fine Art America show up among my 12 most viewed images there at FAA, and for so many showing up for the 1st time….
- November 08, 2022 – The Mid-Term Elections 2022 : This is It! If the Elections Are Important to You…VOTE!!!If the elections are important to you – vote! 😊🇺🇸🙏
Thanks again, everyone! 😊