At 25×40 this new work has stretched my memories and my muscles of years ago when I did much larger work. I just figured it was time to explore working on canvas again for a bit 😊
Below, on the left, is the work as posted back July 11th about inlaying light modeling paste, working with the pen and ink I hand applied 1st (vs printing my ink pattern as I did with my recent watercolor posters on paper).
And immediately below is a detail area where I want to insert a figure.
I’ve a photo I took of our youngest girl’s friend & I’ll next take it into Affinity Photo, practice getting a feel for the form I want to express of it, then practice that feel as studies onto a few small paper sizes with watercolor, and then, hopefully with a lot more confidence than I feel right now, lol, put the figure into the painting 🙏
My future followup painting onto a 2nd 25×40 canvas (if all goes as planned) will be another light modeling paste (from Golden via Amazon) laying – but – with the figure – again, hopefully – integrally placed from the beginning of the new work!
This is a work I’d originally thought I’d mesh acrylic with my watercolor, but I’ve pretty well decided this’ll be all watercolor w/pen and ink on absorbent ground on canvas. We’ll see if that holds up too, lol! 😊
Wish me luck ya’ll!
Hope your week is going well. I know there’s many suffering out there from this erratic extreme weather. My prayers to all of us! 💕
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Amazon search for “Golden pastes” –
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- September 17, 2021 – New Most Viewed Image For the Week @FineArtAmerica, “Fantasy Walk” : Watercolor on Canvas on Light Molding Paste, #ContemporaryImpressionismSome times, some days, the little things, like the big things, if they are good and hopeful, then they are helpful.
- September 16, 2021 – Reblog(s) : Graham McQuade, Benchmarks 1 & 2 (Acrylic Painting) #figureartThis necessarily (on my part) a short post due to some time constraints, although I should add, Graham’s posts will be a quick read. They’re short, tight with information. What will take a little time, if you notice the time 😊 is….
- September 15, 2021 – Birds at Pfluger Bridge Austin @FineArtAmericaBirds at Pfluger Bridge Austin is an 11×14 oil painting I finished a little over 3 years ago, but never wrote up about individually on my blog. I realized this was the case when I tried to find my WordPress image from an older blog post to include in my most recent post; about birds of course 😊 Why I hadn’t done a post, announcing when I’d uploaded it to Fine Art America is simply that I….
- September 14, 2021 – Playing with 4K Video to Grab Still ShotsNow that we’ve had our bird feeder up a few months at our new location, we’ve come across a wider variety of birds (and other critters) and’ve been working at grabbing shots of birds in motion I might could use for sketches and such 🦅
- September 13, 2021 – Something New For Me! Sketching with Austin’s #UrbanSketchers Group! What a Treat!While I think my 1st sketch of the morning (below) was a bit sparse I really like the colors; and while my 2nd sketch (top, header image) was a bit busy even for me, it seems to have more….
- September 12, 2021 – Reblog/Review : Website, Claude Monet (Paintings, Biography, and Quotes)There is SO much good information, and beautiful images, on this site ( claude-monet.com ) it’s almost an embarrassment of riches! Meaning I can’t believe, despite my half-century+ enchantment with impressionism, esp Monet & Renoir) I never came across it before! In fact, I’m still coming across new material; not to mention the staggering review of much of Monet’s art work!
- September 11, 2021 – “Fantasy Walk” : Figure Art on Light Molding Paste on Canvas, Calling it Done, Sorta….Developing this painting has been more lesson on do’s and don’t’s I think than of completing a finished work, though I also think I’m gonna have to call this one done and move on. Looking at the image sequence from top to bottom, working from finish back to my start, I can see several “things” I’d’ve done differently. Most obvious now is I shoulda left a….
Thanks again, everyone! 😊