How to Create a Mixed Absorbency Surface for Painting – Nancy Reyner
— Read on nancyreyner.com/create-mixed-absorbency-surface-painting/
My regular readers know I’ve been experimenting quite a bit recently with absorbent grounds (here & here for example 😊 ) and Nancy Reyner has a wealth of experience and related posts on this topic, including this one.
Mixed levels of absorbency is not only a neat concept, it’s also produces a wide variety of effects evidently, for an even wider degree of expression! There’s lots of image samples in this short post, I hope you’ll give it a quick creative look 😊
It’s a great surface you can easily make yourself, to get interesting painting effects and texture right away, regardless of which painting medium you use! Read on to find out how to use this with your creative work!https://nancyreyner.com/create-mixed-absorbency-surface-painting/
Thanks so much, everyone! Left off a new painting at Cypress Grill via Creative Arts Society’s various Austin area venues, had breakfast (of course!), and will be heading to the Old Bakery & Emporium to deliver one of my new 6×6 acrylic washes on, yes, absorbent ground. Hope to have a post on it soon 💕
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
Painting Instruction Videos https://amzn.to/2ZNgxfi
Painting Instruction Prime Video https://amzn.to/35oeMq2
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- Update Using Spectrafix Non-Toxic Fixative Spray for Watercolors (The Earth is a Garden & Violet Blooms Cluster Varied Background) 02.22.20“Now, is it just me (cause I just noticed this after I shot this pic, late yesterday evening at last light) that there two very friendly floral “spirits” facing / embracing each other as they come out of the earth-like sphere?”
- Adan’s Fine Art America Images # 7 – The Seine And Quay Beside Notre Dame, Autumn (Paris), Photography circa 2012From archival prints to yoga mats and coffee mugs, see it all here – https://felipeadan-lerma.pixels.com/featured/the-seine-and-quay-beside-notre-dame-autumn-felipe-adan-lerma.html
- Adan’s Fine Art America Images # 6 – A Spray of Wild Onions, Photography circa 2001From archival prints to yoga mats and coffee mugs, see it all here – https://fineartamerica.com/featured/a-spray-of-wild-onions-felipe-adan-lerma.html
- Adan’s Fine Art America Images # 5 – Place Saint Michel Paris, Photography circa 2012From archival prints to yoga mats and coffee mugs, see it all here – https://felipeadan-lerma.pixels.com/featured/place-saint-michel-felipe-adan-lerma.html .
- Painting Update – My Lost Edges and Masking Fluid Ideas 02.18.20This weekend, I reblogged two really interesting articles on the aesthetic or idea of employing lost edges, where the boundaries of given recognizable objects meld into the color space around it (side plane, background, etc). I’d already haphazardly begun working with the idea, wondering if I was off-base to even be considering it, when I … Read more
- Painting Looser III: Chasing the Lost … and Found Edge via Caroline Buchanan Watercolors“Lost and found edges normally don’t just happen. You must plan. And you must use restraint. It is MUCH EASIER to complete an edge than to lose and find it.”
- The Power of Understatement (Lost Edges) via Dianne Mize Studio Feb 2020“In the 1960's I attended an art show in which hung a huge mural size painting showing as its content the total of three words: "Say Everything Completely". I rebelled against that message then and I bristle at it now. The reason is that in my work, a part of my personal aesthetic is understatement.”
Thanks again, everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html