As you can tell from my top pic, my efforts to progress from my value study and digital studies below are not going great, lol!
I take solace from several things —
- Though I ‘m working on a large canvas, my need is for a much smaller figure than I’ve sketched out for (2 or so inches vs 5 or so)
- The style of image I need here is close to my digital sketch, but still doesn’t quite fit (or I can’t make it quite fit yet)
- And, even Manet and Vermeer supposedly used aids to render their figure images as they did, and I have some aid, but not enough to translate the image yet via the size I need.
While my watercolor study sketches from my digital sketch are closer in style to my in-progress, watercolor on canvas, my sketches slowly began developing a fuller expression, with the lower left corner image appealing to me the most with its more partial rendering.
What I do have currently on my canvas is still distinctly different, and may have to be what’ll work with my current watercolor 25×40, saving further development of the figure above for the next 25×40, which I currently intend to be acrylic.
Again I take solace from other artists, in this case Dianne Mize, of whom I’ve reblogged many of her art tips and videos. In a recent edition, dealing with composition, she says,
An important thing to remember is to address only one thing at a time. You can always begin by looking for tangents, then look for the other things I’ve addressed here. It’s also important not to consider your final decisions carved in stone. When you begin the painting, there’s no telling where it will want to go.https://archive.aweber.com/awlist4319336/M0.SQ/h/Finding_a_Good_Composition.htm
There’s good reason (many actually!) why I like Dianne’s art tip and demos so much 😊
Hopefully tomorrow I can finish the watercolor 25×40; I just need to stop finding stuff to “fix” ♥️
Stay creative and inquisitive everyone! We all have so much to learn! 💕
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Amazon search for “sketching pads in Electronics” –
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- January 01, 2023 – Happy New Year! : My Most Viewed Image the Last Week of 2022 @FineArtAmerica, Little Steps PosterA wonderfully fitting image as my most viewed this past week, the last week, of 2022 – Little Steps, my poster version ❤️ 🙏 ☺️
- December 18, 2022 – 1st Return Appearance Since Spring : My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, Blue with Gold Twilight – #PanoramaOcean waves of blue fill our skies and seas, cascading sighs and whispers of inspiration with each breath.
- December 11, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Morning Light in Barton Springs Greenbelt, Austin Poster” ( circa 2021 ) #AustinTexas #AustinPhotographyMorning Light Poster also recently sold at the Old Bakery and Emporium 🙏😌
- December 03, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Costa Rica Sunset Panorama” : circa 2017I almost skipped even posting about it, but at 4x the views of the nearest most viewed of my images, I needed to drag myself out of my whatever-it-is recent posting stagnation, lol!
- November 21, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Dispatcher” : circa 2011I thought Dispatcher had once already been one of my most viewed of my work on Fine Art America, but I guess not! 😊 It’s been a popular poem, and with the holidays upon us, a great choice as a print or coffee mug ☕️ 🇺🇸
- November 13, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Cypress Creek Mid Afternoon Mid October” : Circa 2019Very unusual to have so many photos from my collection of images at Fine Art America show up among my 12 most viewed images there at FAA, and for so many showing up for the 1st time….
- November 08, 2022 – The Mid-Term Elections 2022 : This is It! If the Elections Are Important to You…VOTE!!!If the elections are important to you – vote! 😊🇺🇸🙏
Thanks again, everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA, Pixels) – https://felipeadan-lerma.pixels.com/