As you can tell from my top pic, my efforts to progress from my value study and digital studies below are not going great, lol!
I take solace from several things —
- Though I ‘m working on a large canvas, my need is for a much smaller figure than I’ve sketched out for (2 or so inches vs 5 or so)
- The style of image I need here is close to my digital sketch, but still doesn’t quite fit (or I can’t make it quite fit yet)
- And, even Manet and Vermeer supposedly used aids to render their figure images as they did, and I have some aid, but not enough to translate the image yet via the size I need.
While my watercolor study sketches from my digital sketch are closer in style to my in-progress, watercolor on canvas, my sketches slowly began developing a fuller expression, with the lower left corner image appealing to me the most with its more partial rendering.
What I do have currently on my canvas is still distinctly different, and may have to be what’ll work with my current watercolor 25×40, saving further development of the figure above for the next 25×40, which I currently intend to be acrylic.
Again I take solace from other artists, in this case Dianne Mize, of whom I’ve reblogged many of her art tips and videos. In a recent edition, dealing with composition, she says,
An important thing to remember is to address only one thing at a time. You can always begin by looking for tangents, then look for the other things I’ve addressed here. It’s also important not to consider your final decisions carved in stone. When you begin the painting, there’s no telling where it will want to go.https://archive.aweber.com/awlist4319336/M0.SQ/h/Finding_a_Good_Composition.htm
There’s good reason (many actually!) why I like Dianne’s art tip and demos so much 😊
Hopefully tomorrow I can finish the watercolor 25×40; I just need to stop finding stuff to “fix” ♥️
Stay creative and inquisitive everyone! We all have so much to learn! 💕
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Amazon search for “sketching pads in Electronics” –
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- July 04, 2022 – Happy 4th of July! 🇺🇸Very little to say and so much to feel and think about this great country of ours.
- July 03, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “We Are the United States of America” : circa 2016 #DigitalPosterIronic, or simply apropos, seeing as tomorrow is the 4th of July, America’s anniversary birthday, my poster from 2016, “We Are the United States of America” was most viewed this past week on Fine Art America ❤️
- July 02, 2022 – #CrescentMoon at Sunset, Austin TexasI hoped, in yesterday’s post, I might be able to post this sunset off our balcony – a crescent moon floating above the sea of crimson orange air – and am so glad I could 🙏
- July 01, 2022 – Our First Pigeon at Our New Place Shows Up for Food, Atop Our New Ivy ScreenSheila and I’ve gotten to experience several 1st’s since moving into The LadyBird here in Austin, so it was specially nice when two 1st’s joined to make a memorable image through our window –
- June 30, 2022 – My Art and Prints on Special Sale At Primal Gallery 4th of July Weekend!Primal Gallery 4th of July sale! Including both my art work and posters 😊
- June 29, 2022 – Someone Very Glad to See Us Today!As per yesterday, still very exhausted feeling, but Sheila & I both beginning to also feel the move-fatigue to our new place is slowly being replaced by relief fatigue….
- June 28, 2022 – Record # of 100 Degree Days in June. Then it Rained….This evening ( Monday, June 27, 2022 ) here in Austin, we broke the all-time record for number of days 100 degrees or more – and – the clouds and rain and cooler air swept through and we dared open the blinds and step outside before 10 pm, lol!
Thanks again, everyone! 😊