I’m continuing to get back into my art groove after really enjoying my photo groove during my wife and I’s (with the 8 year old grandson!) 1st trip in 3 years! ☺️
Like my prep work for my 1st watercolor Austin Greenbelt poster on paper, I placed my source image and line drawing in one side by side file to work from – blocking out our friend’s face for privacy.
Then I decided I should probably do a digital value study too, lol!
So despite spending part of the morning 1st time in nearly 2 weeks at the nearby greenbelt 😊 I carved out the image I wanted, created a BW rendition, then digitally painted in my line art with Affinity Photo.
Next I want to paint one or more small watercolors on paper of the figure.
It’ll occupy a small piece of the 25×40, maybe only 2-3 inches tall, to it’ll be a challenge to get it convincing; though inserting it into my work in progress.
The canvas with my hand drawn line art, and the current state of my work-in-progress, are both below.
Though similar to my Barton Creek Greenbelt watercolors posters on paper, the canvas rendition, along with the inlay of light molding paste over the canvas gesso, still creates its “own thing” I think. The size of course has its own impact, especially on me work on it, lol! 😊
That’s it for today; got a lot done, got a lot to do, and very grateful this is something I can work on ❤️
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Amazon search for “Golden pastes” –
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- November 21, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Dispatcher” : circa 2011I thought Dispatcher had once already been one of my most viewed of my work on Fine Art America, but I guess not! 😊 It’s been a popular poem, and with the holidays upon us, a great choice as a print or coffee mug ☕️ 🇺🇸
- November 13, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Cypress Creek Mid Afternoon Mid October” : Circa 2019Very unusual to have so many photos from my collection of images at Fine Art America show up among my 12 most viewed images there at FAA, and for so many showing up for the 1st time….
- November 08, 2022 – The Mid-Term Elections 2022 : This is It! If the Elections Are Important to You…VOTE!!!If the elections are important to you – vote! 😊🇺🇸🙏
- November 06, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Arc de ( d’Nuit ) Triomphe Poster ” : Image Circa 2012, Poster 2017Once again one of my poster designs was my most viewed image from among my listings for prints and gifts on Fine Art America….
- October 30, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Volleyball Kill Poster” : circa 1994 ( writing ) / 2021 ( poster design )Another of my sayings / posters made it as my most viewed of my work on Fine Art America this past week, Volleyball Kill, which I wrote in the early 90s….
- October 24, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Danseur en Bleu” : circa 2022Quite an unexpected treat to see my newest painting, Danseur en Bleu, it’s 1st week on Fine Art America, be my most viewed of my images for the past week!
- October 23, 2022 – A Beginner’s View : Inflation, the Economy, Climate, Clean Energy, Health etc, How Are They Related in Our Current Everyday Lives? – An On-Going Inquiry, Part 9 – #Inflation and Our 2022 Mid-Term Election to Keep/Improve Our #Democracy…while true that any price guidelines / control can be a slippery slope, we also already know price gouging has easily done slipped-slid-and-sunk into its own quicksand of problems….
Thanks again, everyone! 😊