I’m continuing to get back into my art groove after really enjoying my photo groove during my wife and I’s (with the 8 year old grandson!) 1st trip in 3 years! ☺️
Like my prep work for my 1st watercolor Austin Greenbelt poster on paper, I placed my source image and line drawing in one side by side file to work from – blocking out our friend’s face for privacy.
Then I decided I should probably do a digital value study too, lol!
So despite spending part of the morning 1st time in nearly 2 weeks at the nearby greenbelt 😊 I carved out the image I wanted, created a BW rendition, then digitally painted in my line art with Affinity Photo.
Next I want to paint one or more small watercolors on paper of the figure.
It’ll occupy a small piece of the 25×40, maybe only 2-3 inches tall, to it’ll be a challenge to get it convincing; though inserting it into my work in progress.
The canvas with my hand drawn line art, and the current state of my work-in-progress, are both below.
Though similar to my Barton Creek Greenbelt watercolors posters on paper, the canvas rendition, along with the inlay of light molding paste over the canvas gesso, still creates its “own thing” I think. The size of course has its own impact, especially on me work on it, lol! 😊
That’s it for today; got a lot done, got a lot to do, and very grateful this is something I can work on ❤️
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Amazon search for “Golden pastes” –
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- June 29, 2022 – Someone Very Glad to See Us Today!As per yesterday, still very exhausted feeling, but Sheila & I both beginning to also feel the move-fatigue to our new place is slowly being replaced by relief fatigue….
- June 28, 2022 – Record # of 100 Degree Days in June. Then it Rained….This evening ( Monday, June 27, 2022 ) here in Austin, we broke the all-time record for number of days 100 degrees or more – and – the clouds and rain and cooler air swept through and we dared open the blinds and step outside before 10 pm, lol!
- June 27, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Morning Light in Barton Springs Greenbelt, Austin Poster” ( circa 2021 ) #AustinTexas #AustinPhotographyLast week my most viewed image on Fine Art America was an Austin sunset image ( circa 2017 ) and this week a recent 2021 early am summer shot, “Morning Light in Barton Springs Greenbelt, Austin Poster” – an image I captured in the greenbelt on the Violet Crown trail 😊
- June 26, 2022 – Sending Me Memories : A Grandchild in #ParisI know that look, I know that stance, and I know that view 💕 Our youngest grandchild and his mom are spending a few days in Paris, and who can’t resist making a stop at the Louvre? I know Sheila and I couldn’t when we were there, lol!
- June 25, 2022 – Aging Gracefully : A Spot of Oasis in My Life From the Heat OutsideThough we again went out in the morning for chores, and held them down to groceries and some exercise, the heat finally got to me today.
- June 24, 2022 – Aging Gracefully : Doing Chores, Exercises, Eating Well and Hanging in There in 100+ Degree HeatIt’s a minute to ten, past my bedtime for all practical purposes, lol! But had to get this short post out so ya’ll will know us 70+ year olds ( wife & I ) are – so far – successfully pacing through a 2nd month of all time record high temps here in Austin.
- June 23, 2022 – El Marisquero Seafood – 1st Time Eating Outside in a Texas Summer in Decades! #FoodTruck #EastAustinThough I definitely can’t make it a habit, having a great tasting lunch break “outside” in the middle of the day in 100+ degree weather here in Austin was more than bearable – actually a pleasure!
Thanks again, everyone! 😊