I’ve had a string of strange stranded-like days since my mom’s burial.
Along with a variety of naps from 5 minutes to an hour, I’ve walked more slowly, studying the shadows and dappled light along the paths of the greenbelt nearby. I’ve woken feeling a clarity about wanting to work with figures in my art. I haven’t painted since the crisis before her passing, but have taken more photos, more randomly – spontaneously, letting my review of them later be okay enough to keep the ones I want, realizing it’ll be a challenge, a fun challenge I hope, to “dapple” those in full shadow. It was nearly two months ago I asked myself (on my blog), “What Makes Dappled Light Work? It Almost Always Looks Good!” I think I’m closer to an answer, and want to experiment “adding” dappled light effectively, ie, pleasingly, enchantingly, onto shadowed surfaces. And, in an effort to control my recently sorta high blood pressure, eventually without meds I hope, pick up a recurrent obsession of mine since my late teens / early 20’s – meditation 😊
It feels like I’ve a trusted guiding hand on my mind’s shoulder now ♥️
I wish everyone the best, may you and yours stay well –
And may your creative dreams persist! 💕
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Amazon search for “meditation accessories” –
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- June 29, 2022 – Someone Very Glad to See Us Today!As per yesterday, still very exhausted feeling, but Sheila & I both beginning to also feel the move-fatigue to our new place is slowly being replaced by relief fatigue….
- June 28, 2022 – Record # of 100 Degree Days in June. Then it Rained….This evening ( Monday, June 27, 2022 ) here in Austin, we broke the all-time record for number of days 100 degrees or more – and – the clouds and rain and cooler air swept through and we dared open the blinds and step outside before 10 pm, lol!
- June 27, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Morning Light in Barton Springs Greenbelt, Austin Poster” ( circa 2021 ) #AustinTexas #AustinPhotographyLast week my most viewed image on Fine Art America was an Austin sunset image ( circa 2017 ) and this week a recent 2021 early am summer shot, “Morning Light in Barton Springs Greenbelt, Austin Poster” – an image I captured in the greenbelt on the Violet Crown trail 😊
- June 26, 2022 – Sending Me Memories : A Grandchild in #ParisI know that look, I know that stance, and I know that view 💕 Our youngest grandchild and his mom are spending a few days in Paris, and who can’t resist making a stop at the Louvre? I know Sheila and I couldn’t when we were there, lol!
- June 25, 2022 – Aging Gracefully : A Spot of Oasis in My Life From the Heat OutsideThough we again went out in the morning for chores, and held them down to groceries and some exercise, the heat finally got to me today.
- June 24, 2022 – Aging Gracefully : Doing Chores, Exercises, Eating Well and Hanging in There in 100+ Degree HeatIt’s a minute to ten, past my bedtime for all practical purposes, lol! But had to get this short post out so ya’ll will know us 70+ year olds ( wife & I ) are – so far – successfully pacing through a 2nd month of all time record high temps here in Austin.
- June 23, 2022 – El Marisquero Seafood – 1st Time Eating Outside in a Texas Summer in Decades! #FoodTruck #EastAustinThough I definitely can’t make it a habit, having a great tasting lunch break “outside” in the middle of the day in 100+ degree weather here in Austin was more than bearable – actually a pleasure!
Thanks again, everyone! 😊