Though my 2nd rendition – masking fluid removed from the sunflower and it’s surrounding abstract color space – is much more to my liking, it’s also obvious to me – as per the comparison images below, that I could have done more. Should have applied much more masking fluid.
I’d gotten too timid I think, after I’d almost removed too much from my previous dappled light study (below) —
And though I did have to dial back the white space a small amount on my final figure study rendition, that was much easier for me to adjust than what I think I’ll have to do to my sunflower 2nd rendition study.
I keep hearing an old movie line in my mind, “close, but no cigar” ☺️
But I’ll plug on a bit.
And, I will remind myself I do like the masking fluid texturing I was able to create in the abstract color field ’round the flower, and maybe try either a watercolor or acrylic abstract with masking fluid 1st in place! Might be fun 😊
Plus, I really need to remember, part of what I also really want to do is — discover how to create a dappling light effect even if the object (flower, figure etc ) is in total shade, or, total light!
Creative experimenting with paint can be frustrating at times, but long as it’s also fun, even if eventually, then I’ll be okay ❤️
Stay well everyone! Keep searching, even when you’re not sure for what 💕
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Amazon search for “Monet, in books” –
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- January 01, 2023 – Happy New Year! : My Most Viewed Image the Last Week of 2022 @FineArtAmerica, Little Steps PosterA wonderfully fitting image as my most viewed this past week, the last week, of 2022 – Little Steps, my poster version ❤️ 🙏 ☺️
- December 18, 2022 – 1st Return Appearance Since Spring : My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, Blue with Gold Twilight – #PanoramaOcean waves of blue fill our skies and seas, cascading sighs and whispers of inspiration with each breath.
- December 11, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Morning Light in Barton Springs Greenbelt, Austin Poster” ( circa 2021 ) #AustinTexas #AustinPhotographyMorning Light Poster also recently sold at the Old Bakery and Emporium 🙏😌
- December 03, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Costa Rica Sunset Panorama” : circa 2017I almost skipped even posting about it, but at 4x the views of the nearest most viewed of my images, I needed to drag myself out of my whatever-it-is recent posting stagnation, lol!
- November 21, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Dispatcher” : circa 2011I thought Dispatcher had once already been one of my most viewed of my work on Fine Art America, but I guess not! 😊 It’s been a popular poem, and with the holidays upon us, a great choice as a print or coffee mug ☕️ 🇺🇸
- November 13, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Cypress Creek Mid Afternoon Mid October” : Circa 2019Very unusual to have so many photos from my collection of images at Fine Art America show up among my 12 most viewed images there at FAA, and for so many showing up for the 1st time….
- November 08, 2022 – The Mid-Term Elections 2022 : This is It! If the Elections Are Important to You…VOTE!!!If the elections are important to you – vote! 😊🇺🇸🙏
Thanks again, everyone! 😊