My 3rd rendition of Sunflower in Dappled Light Study 1 has veered away from me like a giddy 2 year old confident mommy or daddy is nearby and can go explore the world with a glee and squeal – then tripped on a pebble the size of a finger tip, crashed to the ground, and is now crying for help, lol!
I’d gone to bed thinking, and feeling, I was done with this piece. Kinda a frustrated can’t-do-anymore gotta-let-it-go urge. Then woke up this morning, temps outside nearly half what the highs were just over a week ago! Looked at my photo of Rendition 2 (see below), saw the sorta-violet cast-lighting around it from the evening slant of light in my art room when I took the pic, and knew I wanted some of that in my painting, even if it is a study. I told myself, well, isn’t that part of what doing a study means? 😊
Plus I’d also gone to bed with a tucked away don’t-wanna-hear-it thought that “maybe” I should extend the textured feel, just a “little” of course, from the center of the sunflower further out onto the petals.
I really want to be done with this project, itching to move onto my other creative desires, but this one, this sunflower study, is still calling me —
So, I think I’m not done with this one ☺️
Here’s my progression so far —
Maybe running multiple projects is how I need to look at things. It’s something I read a lot about but don’t do much of – most of what I might call multiple projects are more like abandoned-for-now efforts, lol! Like my acrylic 16×20 I started late last month (Aug) —
I want to put a figure, or couple, ie, people, in the center. The 8 year old says maybe some water and a boat. My wife just nods her head. She’s been this game way longer than the 8 year old. But he’s game 😊
My ideas for the above 16×20 goes back & forth; but it definitely speaks “holidays!” to me.
I think mr oval Christmas wreath above is just gonna have to wait for now, lol!
Stay well everyone! Have faith!
Exploring creative possibilities is part of the thrill 💕
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Amazon search for “exploring impressionism” –
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- July 04, 2022 – Happy 4th of July! 🇺🇸Very little to say and so much to feel and think about this great country of ours.
- July 03, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “We Are the United States of America” : circa 2016 #DigitalPosterIronic, or simply apropos, seeing as tomorrow is the 4th of July, America’s anniversary birthday, my poster from 2016, “We Are the United States of America” was most viewed this past week on Fine Art America ❤️
- July 02, 2022 – #CrescentMoon at Sunset, Austin TexasI hoped, in yesterday’s post, I might be able to post this sunset off our balcony – a crescent moon floating above the sea of crimson orange air – and am so glad I could 🙏
- July 01, 2022 – Our First Pigeon at Our New Place Shows Up for Food, Atop Our New Ivy ScreenSheila and I’ve gotten to experience several 1st’s since moving into The LadyBird here in Austin, so it was specially nice when two 1st’s joined to make a memorable image through our window –
- June 30, 2022 – My Art and Prints on Special Sale At Primal Gallery 4th of July Weekend!Primal Gallery 4th of July sale! Including both my art work and posters 😊
- June 29, 2022 – Someone Very Glad to See Us Today!As per yesterday, still very exhausted feeling, but Sheila & I both beginning to also feel the move-fatigue to our new place is slowly being replaced by relief fatigue….
- June 28, 2022 – Record # of 100 Degree Days in June. Then it Rained….This evening ( Monday, June 27, 2022 ) here in Austin, we broke the all-time record for number of days 100 degrees or more – and – the clouds and rain and cooler air swept through and we dared open the blinds and step outside before 10 pm, lol!
Thanks again, everyone! 😊