My 3rd rendition of Sunflower in Dappled Light Study 1 has veered away from me like a giddy 2 year old confident mommy or daddy is nearby and can go explore the world with a glee and squeal – then tripped on a pebble the size of a finger tip, crashed to the ground, and is now crying for help, lol!
I’d gone to bed thinking, and feeling, I was done with this piece. Kinda a frustrated can’t-do-anymore gotta-let-it-go urge. Then woke up this morning, temps outside nearly half what the highs were just over a week ago! Looked at my photo of Rendition 2 (see below), saw the sorta-violet cast-lighting around it from the evening slant of light in my art room when I took the pic, and knew I wanted some of that in my painting, even if it is a study. I told myself, well, isn’t that part of what doing a study means? 😊
Plus I’d also gone to bed with a tucked away don’t-wanna-hear-it thought that “maybe” I should extend the textured feel, just a “little” of course, from the center of the sunflower further out onto the petals.
I really want to be done with this project, itching to move onto my other creative desires, but this one, this sunflower study, is still calling me —
So, I think I’m not done with this one ☺️
Here’s my progression so far —
Maybe running multiple projects is how I need to look at things. It’s something I read a lot about but don’t do much of – most of what I might call multiple projects are more like abandoned-for-now efforts, lol! Like my acrylic 16×20 I started late last month (Aug) —
I want to put a figure, or couple, ie, people, in the center. The 8 year old says maybe some water and a boat. My wife just nods her head. She’s been this game way longer than the 8 year old. But he’s game 😊
My ideas for the above 16×20 goes back & forth; but it definitely speaks “holidays!” to me.
I think mr oval Christmas wreath above is just gonna have to wait for now, lol!
Stay well everyone! Have faith!
Exploring creative possibilities is part of the thrill 💕
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Amazon search for “exploring impressionism” –
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- January 01, 2023 – Happy New Year! : My Most Viewed Image the Last Week of 2022 @FineArtAmerica, Little Steps PosterA wonderfully fitting image as my most viewed this past week, the last week, of 2022 – Little Steps, my poster version ❤️ 🙏 ☺️
- December 18, 2022 – 1st Return Appearance Since Spring : My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, Blue with Gold Twilight – #PanoramaOcean waves of blue fill our skies and seas, cascading sighs and whispers of inspiration with each breath.
- December 11, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Morning Light in Barton Springs Greenbelt, Austin Poster” ( circa 2021 ) #AustinTexas #AustinPhotographyMorning Light Poster also recently sold at the Old Bakery and Emporium 🙏😌
- December 03, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Costa Rica Sunset Panorama” : circa 2017I almost skipped even posting about it, but at 4x the views of the nearest most viewed of my images, I needed to drag myself out of my whatever-it-is recent posting stagnation, lol!
- November 21, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Dispatcher” : circa 2011I thought Dispatcher had once already been one of my most viewed of my work on Fine Art America, but I guess not! 😊 It’s been a popular poem, and with the holidays upon us, a great choice as a print or coffee mug ☕️ 🇺🇸
- November 13, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Cypress Creek Mid Afternoon Mid October” : Circa 2019Very unusual to have so many photos from my collection of images at Fine Art America show up among my 12 most viewed images there at FAA, and for so many showing up for the 1st time….
- November 08, 2022 – The Mid-Term Elections 2022 : This is It! If the Elections Are Important to You…VOTE!!!If the elections are important to you – vote! 😊🇺🇸🙏
Thanks again, everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA, Pixels) – https://felipeadan-lerma.pixels.com/
I know just what you mean about a painting not letting you go until it knows it’s finished! When I feel like this I will take a smaller sketchbook and do some watercolour studies and abstracts aside from the big project. And then come back and finish the big one.