If you’re seeing this post, you made it to 2022, lol!
I got myself ready for the new year activating things I didn’t want to wait to “intend” to do, kinda my New Year resolutions put into motion so I’d at least start with some of them in place!
One of those was re-using my New Years Eve post header image from yesterday, but that’s ok, it’s new so it’s got some crossover-years-miles on it 😊
In no particular order then, other than how I remember them, lol, these are which ones I do remember ☺️
- Set up an appt to audition 3 of my newer pieces at a nearby gallery I’d shown at once, pre-pandemic, and pre-watercolor / acrylic styling. Art for the People is a nice airy well-lit well-run locally run gallery that thankfully we’re living close to again; hoping to show staff my 3 pieces next weekend 🤞 The painting in the pic in the post I linked to above is one of my last oils & has a figure in set in a Paris street, via one of my 2012 photos last time we were fortunate to visit Paris 🇫🇷
- Re-join Creative Arts Society (CAS) after letting my membership lapse beginning of the pandemic. This Austin artists group has been able to re-establish showing live art at a variety of local spots like restaurants, hair salons, public libraries and even one of the state colleges the north side of town. Fees are paid, and delivering a new piece, Mother and Child, to one of our favored restaurants our side of town, ie, close enough to drive to and enjoy 🍴 😊 CAS also had featured me as their May Artist of the Month 2020, so I’m honored to be able to return and get a new start 🙏 Below is my tweet on May 02, 2020 ( flower is a watercolor & sea/landscape an oil ) —
- Sheila and I also restarted our daily exercise routine new year’s eve, starting with a taped class via Essentrics by Miranda Esmonde-White on PBS. This is one we really didn’t want to intend to start New Years Day, but rather have started it – yay! But yeah, we may need some encouragement and reminding, lol! She’s a former ballerina who worked herself back to health after a career ending injury, and I absolutely love her balanced dance-like routines where simple things like reaching an arm up always also involves the legs, the other arm, movement, and usually a light twist, all followed by a sweep in the other direction – and – slowly enough we can do it ♥️
- I would add working on continuing my painting, experimenting, searching, and sometimes feeling I got a good one, lol! But – I’m doing it – double yay! yay!
- Lastly, last I can remember anyways 😏 is to follow through with some dr appts for possibly (probably?) another major surgery like those back in 2019. This is for something different and something I’ve lived with over a half a century, a deviated septum, plus, the inner bone structure of my nose. My wife says she likes the idea of a new nose for me 😊 and I’d really like to breathe less laboredly, plus, as I’ve learned from reading about breathing, more consistently (being able to) through my nose vs my mouth. I’ve a sequence of various doctors and visits to get to the “let’s-do-it” stage, but I think it’s a good necessary thing. This, I definitely want well wishes, lol!
I won’t list “having fun” ’cause that shouldn’t be a goal, but yeah, sometimes I forget it’s not only “ok” to have fun, we need fun in our lives 😂 😊
With that, I wish all of us all the best in this new year, 2022.
We need it! And I know we want it!
Stay well everyone! 💕
ps – I shoulda added my also-just-started project of finding a way to list my paintings for folks to see and go through and consider purchasing, but I forgot, lol! Here’s my most recent post and the “very slow” progress I’m making (last few days I went through the 1st proposed gallery, watercolors, updating availability and other general useful info 😊
December 29, 2021 – I’m (slowly) Creating a Product Page for Folks to See and Buy My Paintings – 1st Concrete Step : Create Target Galleries on #FineArtAmerica
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- July 05, 2022 – Small But Welcome 4th of July Celebrations from Our New Location at #TheLadyBird #AustinTexasThat I’m running late with today’s blog post is a bit of an understatement, it being 1/2 past 11 and nearly Wednesday! But Sheila and I stayed up late a bit, enjoying peeks of fireworks and seeing folks enjoying being able to ( mostly, but not everywhere : Chicago parade shooting ) be out –
- July 04, 2022 – Happy 4th of July! 🇺🇸Very little to say and so much to feel and think about this great country of ours.
- July 03, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “We Are the United States of America” : circa 2016 #DigitalPosterIronic, or simply apropos, seeing as tomorrow is the 4th of July, America’s anniversary birthday, my poster from 2016, “We Are the United States of America” was most viewed this past week on Fine Art America ❤️
- July 02, 2022 – #CrescentMoon at Sunset, Austin TexasI hoped, in yesterday’s post, I might be able to post this sunset off our balcony – a crescent moon floating above the sea of crimson orange air – and am so glad I could 🙏
- July 01, 2022 – Our First Pigeon at Our New Place Shows Up for Food, Atop Our New Ivy ScreenSheila and I’ve gotten to experience several 1st’s since moving into The LadyBird here in Austin, so it was specially nice when two 1st’s joined to make a memorable image through our window –
- June 30, 2022 – My Art and Prints on Special Sale At Primal Gallery 4th of July Weekend!Primal Gallery 4th of July sale! Including both my art work and posters 😊
- June 29, 2022 – Someone Very Glad to See Us Today!As per yesterday, still very exhausted feeling, but Sheila & I both beginning to also feel the move-fatigue to our new place is slowly being replaced by relief fatigue….
Thanks again, everyone! 😊