Red Impressionist Abstract 1, is the second in a new series of series, so to speak 😊 where I am creating a line of medium size 12×24 gallery wrapped panoramic monochromatic paintings (not counting the white paint in the mix). The 1st, in yellow, is featured in the live tweet further below.
Like my other panoramas on other colors, there’s an incredibly strong sense of land- or seascape. Though my wife says she does see the seascape, she also sees a swimmer in the deep rep stretch of color ❤️
Using globs of light molding paste, heavy matte gel, and of course red acrylic paint, I layered it on the gallery wrapped canvas with a sturdy palette knife and watched as it emerged!
It’s a slow but steady process on my part, sometimes (often times? I’ve only made 3 so far, including a blue one still not shown) required re-passes and re-loads of my mix.
My red version (and each color will have a variety of similar versions), in contrast to my yellow and blue initial entries, already has its sides painted. Turns out that takes even more work than framing a piece, lol!
But, a 1.5 inch deep gallery wrapped canvas would be a waste in a standard frame. Someone wanting to would probably opt for a deep shadow box or special floater frame.
Basically, on my part, I want to do something I rarely do in my regular work, and that’s to explore an individual color. This will give me insight I think, in what each shading of color means to me, and how I might use it in the future.
My intent for a potential buyer is 1st, simply provide an appealing attractive color accent for use in home or elsewhere, or even as a gift. And 2nd -ly, to provide an attractive healing block of color to hopefully enhance someone’s life.
I guess, at age 71, I’ve finally reached the point where for some reason I realize folks might want something for than just looking pretty, lol! And if not, that’s ok, I’m still creating these original color blocks with that intent firmly in mind and heart ♥️
Priced to include shipping and personally painting the four 1.5 inch sides to help enhance the finished image, I feel that $200.00, including shipping to the continental U.S., is very fair for buyer and me.
The canvases are “very” sturdy and gotta warn ya, just a bit heavy! I lightly or heavily coat the already gessoed canvas again before the thick layering process, just to give the finished work a fuller sense of both depth and coverage.
Contact, if you haven’t been in contact with me before, is via Fine Art America’s private email service at – https://felipeadan-lerma.pixels.com/sendemail.html?artistid=459979&artworkid=41842719&status=yes&type=original
My 2nd most viewed image on Fine Art America the last week of December, the last week of the year, is Yellow Blooms Coral Accents, an oil on 8×8 gallery wrapped canvas circa 2019.
It has quite a creation-history you might like reading. My series of posts with this image are – https://felipeadanlerma.com/?s=Yellow+blooms+coral+accents
- Yellow Blooms Coral Accents – 8×8 oil on gallery wrapped canvas, circa 2019
My Related blog post – https://felipeadanlerma.com/2019/01/15/deciding-when-my-painting-is-done-part-2-stopping-myself-before-i-ruin-my-own-art-smiles/
Fine Art America link – https://felipeadan-lerma.pixels.com/featured/yellow-blooms-coral-accents-felipe-adan-lerma.html
And below, is a shot of my top 12 most viewed —
Art work, after 2 weeks, has retaken the majority of views and images viewed among the top 12. Included in the new views total is Happy Dancer, at #4, which I am so grateful to have sold right during the holidays ❤️
May the best of our recent and ongoing holidays continue far into this and all our years!
Stay well everyone! 💕
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Amazon search link for “abstract artists” – https://amzn.to/3omhE3B
Direct link to art book, Ninth Street Women, above on Amazon 😊 https://amzn.to/3ERyeh1
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- November 21, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Dispatcher” : circa 2011I thought Dispatcher had once already been one of my most viewed of my work on Fine Art America, but I guess not! 😊 It’s been a popular poem, and with the holidays upon us, a great choice as a print or coffee mug ☕️ 🇺🇸
- November 13, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Cypress Creek Mid Afternoon Mid October” : Circa 2019Very unusual to have so many photos from my collection of images at Fine Art America show up among my 12 most viewed images there at FAA, and for so many showing up for the 1st time….
- November 08, 2022 – The Mid-Term Elections 2022 : This is It! If the Elections Are Important to You…VOTE!!!If the elections are important to you – vote! 😊🇺🇸🙏
- November 06, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Arc de ( d’Nuit ) Triomphe Poster ” : Image Circa 2012, Poster 2017Once again one of my poster designs was my most viewed image from among my listings for prints and gifts on Fine Art America….
- October 30, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Volleyball Kill Poster” : circa 1994 ( writing ) / 2021 ( poster design )Another of my sayings / posters made it as my most viewed of my work on Fine Art America this past week, Volleyball Kill, which I wrote in the early 90s….
- October 24, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Danseur en Bleu” : circa 2022Quite an unexpected treat to see my newest painting, Danseur en Bleu, it’s 1st week on Fine Art America, be my most viewed of my images for the past week!
- October 23, 2022 – A Beginner’s View : Inflation, the Economy, Climate, Clean Energy, Health etc, How Are They Related in Our Current Everyday Lives? – An On-Going Inquiry, Part 9 – #Inflation and Our 2022 Mid-Term Election to Keep/Improve Our #Democracy…while true that any price guidelines / control can be a slippery slope, we also already know price gouging has easily done slipped-slid-and-sunk into its own quicksand of problems….
Thanks again, everyone! 😊