A Day Within a Mountain Road of Days
Wasn’t much a different day than many recent days
surrounding me like
fog filling both my ears from
past or future.
Too wet to not feel creeping atom at a time
behind my ears.
Too dry to wipe away with swipes of
tissue or bare finger.
I’ve lost sight of the valley now
though I remember it
Greens smoothing out the barren spots of life.
Blues moving foam white crests across my chest.
Yellows where the sun sang.
On the mountain,
on the way to the pinnacle.
To the unobscured vision everyone says is worthwhile.
I have days like today.
News of art showing, not showing, selling, not selling.
News of family dying, surviving, being born.
Winds whisking moisture from the south.
Breezes clearing smog from the north.
On a mountain road with no top.
It’s the journey, not the destination
I’ve been told.
True or not.
That’s all I’ve got to take hold.
That’s my best today as I grow old.
And truth be told, that puts a smile back on my face
©Felipe Adan Lerma 2022
Some days are like this for me. Really good mixed with really sad. The latter, if I don’t deny it, make the former that much sweeter ❤️
Stay well everyone! ☺️
Where You Can See & Buy My Art Live 👩🎨 🎨 ❤️
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- September 22, 2022 – Clean Energy, Part 5 – The Practical Problem, and, How #Solar Kept the Lights on After Fiona Left #PuertoRico in the DarkThe bulk of the info is a very fairly laid out presentation that a 90% of renewable energy is mostly doable and feasible. The only really debatable portion, and Dan presents pluses and minuses for each possible choice, is how to supply that last needed 10%.
- September 21, 2022 – Working Texture and Figures into Compositions I Like, Part 5 : Adding a 4th ( textured ) Layer to Danseur en Bleu ( formerly Dancing Turquoise )Much enhanced less subtle, but more vibrant, the current stage of development for Danseur en Bleu is nearing a finish.
- September 20, 2022 – A Beginner’s View : Inflation, the Economy, Climate, Clean Energy, Health etc, How Are They Related in Our Current Everyday Lives? – An On-Going Inquiry, Part 7 – #ClimateTweetsA selection of Tweets I’ve Retweeted about #Climate & related topics, both scary & hopeful 😊🙏
- September 19, 2022 – Working Texture and Figures into Compositions I Like, Part 4 : Adding a 3rd ( pink ) Layer to Danseur en Bleu ( formerly Dancing Turquoise )I only painted a few minutes, ten or so, after mixing matte gel medium and a touch of acrylic rose, and I could only do it because I’m hopeful!
- September 18, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Time at the Musee d’Orsay ” : circa 2012Just a month ago Time at the Musee d’Orsay suddenly popped up as my most viewed, and here it is again! Maybe that means we’ll make it back to Paris eventually after all, lol!
- September 17, 2022 – Post Surgery : Continuing With AntibioticsHaving to resume antibiotics as one of my surgeons got lab results on a mucus sample from my surgery showing growth – so am blessedly kicking back til some blood clotting and fatigue fade away again 🙏
- September 16, 2022 – “Blue with Gold Twilight” and “Pink with Maroon Landscape and Bird” in New #CreativeArtsSociety Juried Art Show at Riverbend Church!Just got word today two of my 10×20 gallery wrap acrylics have been juried into a show I’ve never done with Creative Arts Society before, at Riverbend Church’s “Inspirational Gallery” in Austin’s western side – yes, hills! 😊
Thanks again, everyone! 😊