A Day Within a Mountain Road of Days
Wasn’t much a different day than many recent days
surrounding me like
fog filling both my ears from
past or future.
Too wet to not feel creeping atom at a time
behind my ears.
Too dry to wipe away with swipes of
tissue or bare finger.
I’ve lost sight of the valley now
though I remember it
Greens smoothing out the barren spots of life.
Blues moving foam white crests across my chest.
Yellows where the sun sang.
On the mountain,
on the way to the pinnacle.
To the unobscured vision everyone says is worthwhile.
I have days like today.
News of art showing, not showing, selling, not selling.
News of family dying, surviving, being born.
Winds whisking moisture from the south.
Breezes clearing smog from the north.
On a mountain road with no top.
It’s the journey, not the destination
I’ve been told.
True or not.
That’s all I’ve got to take hold.
That’s my best today as I grow old.
And truth be told, that puts a smile back on my face
©Felipe Adan Lerma 2022
Some days are like this for me. Really good mixed with really sad. The latter, if I don’t deny it, make the former that much sweeter ❤️
Stay well everyone! ☺️
Where You Can See & Buy My Art Live 👩🎨 🎨 ❤️
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- May 17, 2022 – I Have a Lot of Happenings ( art & personal ) This Week, But Still Finding Moments To Start a New Painting : Morning’s PromiseIt’s nice to dance the surface of my canvas as needed. And able ☺️ And right now, a light step, at an easy pace, may give me the time – and energy – to get more than a handful of other needed things also done this week. Not a bad compromise. For now 😊
- May 16, 2022 – New Diptych : “Freedom” Almost Finished, Panels Need Signing ( front & back )And what I’ve come across figuring out how to make prints of this that folks can work with, ie, close to or within standard size dimensions, was how to get a 22×28 image convert into – in 2 examples – an 8×10 or 12×18, and I came up with this as a starting prototype….
- May 15, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Spring Rising”I’d done a lot of deep or darker night-like paintings for a bit, so it felt pretty nice to lighten up my palette for awhile. Working back & forth, from the two approaches – playing the potential good from both approaches seems to suit my Libra middle, lol!
- May 14, 2022 – My 1st Classical Stretch Workout with Miranda Esmonde-White ( via YouTube ) in Many Months!Though similar to SilverSneakers’ classes, Miranda’s classes focus largely on making the fascia network in our bodies more fluid. Some movements are very similar, but more extended, dance-like, reflecting Miranda’s ballerina and dance background!
- May 13, 2022 – “Angel” in AVAA’s 1st Austin Art Space Gallery and Studio Group Show in a Long Time!Just a very quick post to announce that my 18×24 inch acrylic on stretched canvas, Angel – has been accepted into Austin Visual Arts Association’s ( AVAA) 1st group show since ( I believe ) the pandemic. Definitely been a long time coming and feels great to be able to be showing with this long time Austin art association again! 😊
- May 12, 2022 – Updated My #Twitter Header Image and Pinned TweetThough Twitter’s future is up in the air, or ether, or virtual landscape; and my own “footprint” there and social media in general is micro-whatever, lol! — it’s still my micro existence, and I want to care for it best I can 😊
- May 11, 2022 – Reblog / Review : Joan Mitchell, “I carry my landscapes around with me” – #Polyptychs…my reading of Joan Mitchell’s work – while often including much of that same connection, speaks more directly to me about the impact of the canvas before me in that process. Especially most specifically in regard to Joan’s work with multi-panel / multi-canvas works of art – ie, polyptychs!
Thanks again, everyone! 😊