Working on this painting this morning, adding varying depths of blue and black, here and there, in crevices and ridges and along the edges of textured matte expanses, I felt very strongly trying to force in any degree of red, or even pink, would just not work for me.
Bottomline, this painting, Dawn, is done!
Decided, with no red or pink, my alternate title I mentioned my previous post, Dawn of Desire, would’ve been “way” off, lol!
I printed my sig onto the bottom left of each panel pic here ’cause, though I did paint it on each panel, in a mix of blue and black, I still might put a highlight line or two to denote the physical sigs. The backs of each panel will be signed, dated, and notated as to which panel is left, right, etc.
Only thing I’m really playing with right now, but ran out of time preparing pics to audition at a new gallery just west of Austin, is to put a black frame around each panel. I did hold up an 18×24 black frame to each, and it really makes them stand out. But I need to pull a 2nd black frame from another painting and place them round each to see if it’ll work or not. Maybe tomorrow or next day, depending on tired I am when I get back from the near Hill Country to the new gallery 😊
Definitely hope to come back with some good news from out west of us here 🙏
Stay well everyone! keep plucking, lol! ☺️ 💕
Where You Can See & Buy My Art 👩🎨 🎨 ❤️
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- May 17, 2022 – I Have a Lot of Happenings ( art & personal ) This Week, But Still Finding Moments To Start a New Painting : Morning’s PromiseIt’s nice to dance the surface of my canvas as needed. And able ☺️ And right now, a light step, at an easy pace, may give me the time – and energy – to get more than a handful of other needed things also done this week. Not a bad compromise. For now 😊
- May 16, 2022 – New Diptych : “Freedom” Almost Finished, Panels Need Signing ( front & back )And what I’ve come across figuring out how to make prints of this that folks can work with, ie, close to or within standard size dimensions, was how to get a 22×28 image convert into – in 2 examples – an 8×10 or 12×18, and I came up with this as a starting prototype….
- May 15, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Spring Rising”I’d done a lot of deep or darker night-like paintings for a bit, so it felt pretty nice to lighten up my palette for awhile. Working back & forth, from the two approaches – playing the potential good from both approaches seems to suit my Libra middle, lol!
- May 14, 2022 – My 1st Classical Stretch Workout with Miranda Esmonde-White ( via YouTube ) in Many Months!Though similar to SilverSneakers’ classes, Miranda’s classes focus largely on making the fascia network in our bodies more fluid. Some movements are very similar, but more extended, dance-like, reflecting Miranda’s ballerina and dance background!
- May 13, 2022 – “Angel” in AVAA’s 1st Austin Art Space Gallery and Studio Group Show in a Long Time!Just a very quick post to announce that my 18×24 inch acrylic on stretched canvas, Angel – has been accepted into Austin Visual Arts Association’s ( AVAA) 1st group show since ( I believe ) the pandemic. Definitely been a long time coming and feels great to be able to be showing with this long time Austin art association again! 😊
- May 12, 2022 – Updated My #Twitter Header Image and Pinned TweetThough Twitter’s future is up in the air, or ether, or virtual landscape; and my own “footprint” there and social media in general is micro-whatever, lol! — it’s still my micro existence, and I want to care for it best I can 😊
- May 11, 2022 – Reblog / Review : Joan Mitchell, “I carry my landscapes around with me” – #Polyptychs…my reading of Joan Mitchell’s work – while often including much of that same connection, speaks more directly to me about the impact of the canvas before me in that process. Especially most specifically in regard to Joan’s work with multi-panel / multi-canvas works of art – ie, polyptychs!
Thanks again, everyone! 😊